“SURPRISINGLY GOOD”

Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
vermont
“SURPRISINGLY GOOD”
Reviewed July 20, 2013

We were just driving by on a Thursday night and looking for a place to eat...it has the best German food! Wow We were in town just two nights and went back on Friday night because it was so good. The place was clean, food excellent, prices were very reasonable and the service was good. If this place was in my hometown for sure I would eat there every week.

• Visited June 2013
1 Thank stehib

West Bend, Wisconsin
“Authentic German”
Reviewed July 14, 2013

I lived in Heidelberg germany for a few years so when I was told that this restaurant specialized in German cuisine I had to check it out. They nailed it! Portions were huge as well. Their dinner/drink specials were excellent and reasonably priced considering what you get. The best thing that I liked about this place was the fact that everything was made from scratch as was told by the own Heather. Definitely a repeat customer now.

• Visited July 2013
wisconSIN
“Best Breakfast Omelettes in town”
Reviewed April 2, 2013

The remodel is nice, the new menu has some strange items on it....
.....but to be fair it features German foods that are not usually found on a typical cafe menu.
(For Example: Tongue, Braunschweiger & Eggs, Liver and Onions)

I've made several visits here since opening and have tried breakfast many times, lunch once an I have not tried the dinner menu yet.

There only appears to be 1 cook and 1 waitress working there on weekday breakfast hours so service can be slow.
Coffee is average at best, but they do have the fancy flavored creamers on the table if that makes any difference to you.
The orange juice looked strange ...separated and milky/clear on top all orange on the bottom. That's NOT normal & we did not taste test it.

Now that the minor nit-picking is out of the way,
I will say they have very very good omelettes!
The pancakes are good with a hint of cinnamon

I did not care for the lunch menu
Our barely lukewarm "soup of the day" was DEFINITELY Dinty moore beef stew.
The Monte Cristo Sandwich definitely had previously frozen cooked turkey meat in it.
The other meal we ordered was unmemorable...literally can't remember it.

Bottom Line: Breakfast GOOD, Lunch Less than Average Dinner is TBA.

Prices are good and they participate in the Restaurant.com gift certificate program
With a gift certificate, this place is a good price and a good meal!

• Visited March 2013
2 Thank chermycloset
Wisconsin
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Would "not" recommend it”
Reviewed January 26, 2013

We stopped in there tonight, for the first time. First, we had to wait 20 min for a waitress to show up. We ordered our app. (haystack onion rings) they were good. We both ordered the mushroom soup. A 1/2 hour later we were told they only had 1 bowl left. So my hubby had the chicken dumpling. It had no flavor at all. It's taste resembled dish water. We then waited almost 1 hour and were informed that they lost our order and that it would be out shortly. It took another 1/2 hour. If you can't have salt, stay away from their gravies. My hubby who loves salt couldn't even eat it. Our waitress tried her best, but what is she going to do if the kitchen staff sucks. While we were waiting for out meals, we heard other waitress' tell customers that they were out of soup, gravy, applesauce, as well as a few other things. We peeked into the kitchen on our way out and saw the waitress's cooking, hmm... Unless they improve, I don't see them staying open very long.

• Visited January 2013
1 Thank brerum
“Free lunch for. $2.29 soda”
Reviewed January 26, 2013 via mobile

Came in with coupon for free lunch with purchase of a lunch. Warning: you need to buy two drinks to qualify. Two soft drinks cost $4.58. Lunch cost $6. Saved a whole $1.42. .

1 Thank evasmia2