“Back in town - Still the best in WB!”
Review of Cafe Soeurette

Cafe Soeurette
Ranked #17 of 100 Restaurants in West Bend
Cuisines: French, International
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed September 25, 2013

After having moved away, I came back to West Bend to visit - and once again found Cafe Soeurette to be a delightful change of pace from the chains. The crab cakes were outstanding, as is the selection of craft beers.

Reviewed September 18, 2013

I ate at this restaurant last night and it was a delightful surprise. I travel a lot and was not really in the mood to explore but I did. It is in my nature. I was so glad I did it. This place is found downtown and in a wonderfully decorated basement area. Wonderful seating arrangements of different types was one thing that captured my attention. The waitress was so very helpful and unobtrusive. There was an outdoor space that I didn't explore. The food was amazing. I shared two " small plates " with my companion. Fried cauliflower and fried goat cheese. No, not everything is fried but that was our mood. They were great ! My companion doesn't like vegetables but enjoyed his share of the cauliflower. I also had a great caramel apple martini with this. It is fall after all. My entree was pecan encrusted walleye with a fabulous wild rice and carrots that were not overdone. The wine was a local choice because I enjoy trying wines from the area I am in and it was a cranberry taste which definitely complimented the savory entree. We shared a cheesecake that had Baileys in it and was a great end to a perfect meal. I wandered the bar area after dinner and found a wine closet and couches available to sit on. A surprise at every turn. Unique. They even had a cribbage board for use. I am here until Nov and will return.

1  Thank Victoria P
Reviewed September 15, 2013

Café Souerette is a farm to table restaurant located in the basement of a historic building in downtown West Bend. The menu changes weekly and is tightly focused, based on locally sourced ingredients wherever possible. I’ve dined here twice and both times I enjoyed my food, the service and the atmosphere. This recent visit I had the roasted pork loin set in a demi-glaze which was well prepared and tasty. However the scalloped potatoes stole the show. I told my dining partner they were the best item on the table that evening, appetizers through desserts and he agreed. Who said sides where just there for filler?

Soup, salad and sandwiches during lunch. Full dinner menu in the evenings. Major credit cards accepted.

1  Thank wineismylife
Reviewed June 24, 2013

My family has summered in West Bend for thirty years. Love the area, love the lake, love being here but the restaurant scene is abismal. 98% of the food served at local restaurants is purchased frozen and served hot out of the - microwave. You get quantity for your dollar but the quality is appauling. Why, with farms surrounding us growing fabulous, organic foods, are the chefs not inspired????
Well, the chef at Cafe Soeurette is. She has relationships with local farms, dairies, cheesemakers and stockmen. She selects the freshest ingredients and creates. Sometimes she misses but she is always inventive - and the food is always lovlingly prepared minutes before it arrives at your table.
Yes, the service can be uneven.
Yes, some of the creations are so creative that they miss the mark.
But - you are assured that the meal has been cooked in the kitchen shortly before consumption and it is made with healthy, local and fresh ingredients. And there are always a few vegetarian options which, to me, is a dream come true!!!
Thank you for a delicious dinner on Saturday night (Arugula and Radish Salad, Baked Tomatoes with Pesto and Creamy Cheese Risotto).
Thanks for your continued effort to provide fresh and innovative cuisine!

Reviewed April 11, 2013

Do you like food? REALLY good food? Have you ever wanted a meal with a wine paired to the entree? Do you want to eat local foods prepared by happy people? Cafe Soeurette is the place.

This is a great restaurant that pays attention to what goes into a meal. Many of the items come from West Bend Area Farms. If you want to try delicious grass-fed beef, try one of the dominion valley steaks that are available on the menu.

Feeling a little adventuresome for mixed drinks, try the Ginger Press. I joined there beer club and have a mug on the wall. My wife loves the wine selection.

If you are there in the summer time, sit out by the Milwaukee River. If you need a quick bite for lunch, try the Soeurette Soup upstairs. If you want a really good food, try something off their farm to table menu.

1  Thank Paul T