“Southeastern Wisconsin's finest”

Cuisines: American
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed December 9, 2012

Poplar Inn has become our favorite place. We eat here often, not only because we live in West Bend, but because this place rivals any fine restaurant in Milwaukee. The upstairs is romantic and quaint. Tony and the waitresses are so welcoming and friendly. We feel like we are some of their best friends when we dine here! The food is amazing and the drinks are too. The food is consistently good. My favorites are the scallops, pesto salmon and often their seafood special. Chef even will make something I request, if it's not too busy! The tiramisu is some of the best we have ever had. It is non-traditional, but incredible! Sitting upstairs year round is our favorite, but on a beautiful summer night, it's lovely to sit outside in the back. This is a real gem and worth the drive for those of you outside of WB.

Reviewed October 14, 2012

Went on Anniversary. Reservations were easy to get. Building is something like the oldest in the city, and very nicely maintained with just enough antiques to uphold character.

Hostess was very pleasant and seated us immediately. Server was warm without being intrusive. A nice selection of throw back drinks, plus wines and beers. Menu was not vast but seemed to cover the bases. The Mr. Had a huge steak of somekind and I had chicken with some kind of liquor end up sauce. Mine was spectacular, Mr. Said he really enjoyed his steak.

Was a it pricey, but for a special occasion, we were ok with that. Sounds like they also had a pretty reasonable fish fry, since us WI-ites cannot live with out them.

Reviewed September 25, 2012

We havent been there in a while for dinner but used to eat there quite often. The food and service are spectacular. It would be a nice place to go for a dinner date.

Reviewed September 4, 2012

Have been wanting to try Poplar in for months and were not disappointed when we did. We were able to get in on a Saturday night shortly after 5 without reservations but were told they are recommended. I had the steak and salad special and my husband had the New York strip. Both were excellant. Dining on the patio was great since there are not may restraunts around that offer this. Will definitely go back again in the near furture

Reviewed August 27, 2012

I visited the Poplar Inn Restaurant in June 2012. My husband who works out in West Bend, WI had raved about this place since he had been there a couple of times. Not only was the ambience great, the food and service were outstanding! I ordered Bruschetta for starters. I ordered Filet Mignon for main course, and I was not disappointed. All in all, it was worth every penny!