“You either love it or hate it” 5 of 5 bubbles

Cuisines: American, Fast Food
Good for: Families with children, Dining on a budget
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Seating, Takeout
wisconsin
“You either love it or hate it”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 29, 2009

And I am one that loves it.
SImple menu
Love the Davey Jones and Miles Standish

• 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank katiewis

Sheboygan county
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Subs that are "Worth the wait !! Boyd D.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 15, 2009

We frequented Suburpia in the early 70's...missed 'em dearly in the 80's,... briefly visited the one at Brown Port in the 90's,...then they vanished! When we heard they were coming back soon to Wauwatosa we had to " make excuses" to make the journey from Sheboygan county to Milwaukee and always stop on our way back and pick-up a few subs! We were never disapointed . We have since turned several of our friends onto these great subs. We are hopeful that sometime in the near future, Suburpia will open a shop somewhere between the North Shore and Sheboygan??

1 Thank schrottplatz
Wauwatosa WI
“suburpia..."sub-par-burpia"...yuck!”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 5, 2009

Subupria's subs are disgusting. American cheese is the only choice. They drench the pre-diced onions and lettuce mixture in a nasty tasteless oil. I think they do that to disguise how old it is. I might as well have gotten the sandwich out of one of those rotating vending machines. If you like fresh food, DON'T go to Suburpia. It was awful.

5 Thank zelwhiskers
Original S, Owner at Suburpia, responded to this review, September 6, 2014
Your review hits on reasons the past General Manager was terminated and is the EX-GM. I'd like to invite you back to try us again.
Milwaukee, Wisconsin
“Nostalgic? Like drinking a can of Blatz Beer 70s Nostalgia = Nausea”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 11, 2008

Nostalgic? Like drinking a can of Blatz Beer 70s Nostalgia = Nausea

I was curious about the rise and fall of this joint, so I tried the greasy mess. I was greeted by a cinnamon nutmeg tanginess that has no business anywhere near a sandwich. Ironically I have been BURPING it up all afternoon, hence SuBURPia. Nasty. Ruined my day.

People dont eat garbage like this like they did in the 70s-- thats why we have Jimmy Johns now.

5 Thank CaribbeanDreamz
Original S, Owner at Suburpia, responded to this review, September 6, 2014
Your review mentions the 'rise and fall' - there are reasons why the ex General Manager is the EX-GM. Quality control being one of the reasons. Perhaps you can visit our web site and pick a promotion to try us. I suggest asking the person taking your order to make a serving suggestion that will match your palate.
Madison, WI
“The Best Sub”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 2, 2008

These are my favorite subs. Fresh ingredients and the best sauce. One of those tastes and scents that brings back fond memories from my youth. We need one in Madison!

Been to Suburpia? Share your experiences!