“Great Hotel, Great Service, Needs a Restaurant Upgrade”

Crowne Plaza Milwaukee West Hotel
Ranked #1 of 5 Hotels in Wauwatosa
chicago
“Great Hotel, Great Service, Needs a Restaurant Upgrade”
Reviewed October 23, 2010

my sister and I loved the hotel, the beds, the staff, the lobby, and the decor. We ate in the restaurant the first night we were there and decided then and there not to dine in the hotel again. Not because the food was bad, it was just so bland, not cold enough, not hot enough, not fresh enough, cheap ingredients, and not much selection.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (86)
Minneapolis, Minnesota
Reviewed September 27, 2010

we stopped for a Brewers game on our way to Chicago.
hotel is nicely done, rooms are roomy, bed was comfortable.
nice workout/pool area. they have a shuttle to the ballpark too.
was very handy for our purpose, and a good deal on Hotwire.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled with friends
Eagleville, Pennsylvania
Reviewed September 23, 2010

I was put up at this location by GE as I was here for training. It is a very new property. What really stands out are the staff. They basically will do anything for you to make you stay enjoyable.

They have a 24 hour exercise center with a nice sized pool, a large whirlpool and a good assortment of bikes, treadmills, etc.

There is a free shuttle that will drive you and pick you up anywhere withing a 5 mile or so radius.

The free Internet (wired and wireless) is on the slower side. It is fine if you are checking your web based E-mail or checking in for a flight, but if you need to do any real web browsing or work, opt for the $7.95 per day faster connection which still isn't blazing but tolerable.

Couldn't say anything negative at all about this hotel. Great job!

• Stayed September 2010, traveled on business
Mead, Colorado
Reviewed July 5, 2010

We booked two nights at the Crowne Plaza for our visit to Milwaukee and Summerfest. The entire hotel was wonderfully maintained and the staff was extremely helpful from restaurant recommendations to places to see. We ate lunch at the hotel restaurant once and it was reasonably priced and good. We were sad to check out after our stay and would return in a heartbeat.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled as a couple
Connecticut
Reviewed June 1, 2010

We stayed 2 nights over Memorial Day Weekend to see the Mets play the Brewers. The hotel is only about a 10 minute drive from the field and we were pleased to find out that they provide a free shuttle to and from the games which was very convenient.
The hotel looks practically brand new and fairly typical for the newer Comfort Suites, Hampton Inns, etc. The only difference is that there is no free continental breakfast, though the onsite restaurant was reasonably priced for breakfast.
There's a small indoor pool and fitness center which we didn't have the chance to use. Flat-screen tv had a good selection of both HD and non-HD channels.
Since there really aren't any hotels within walking distance of Miller Park, this location seems about as convenient as any hotel in the area and I would definitely stay here again if going to another game.

• Stayed May 2010, traveled with family
1 Thank Metsfan5
San Francisco
Reviewed May 26, 2010

Seeking a place to spend the night near the Medical College of Wisconsin, I booked a two-night stay at the Crowne Plaza in Wauwatosa. I mentioned I was visiting for a medical school interview, and they made sure I availed myself of every service they could offer. The shuttle service reliably took me back and forth to and from the medical campus whenever I needed it. Hotel brunch was good, and I appreciated the dinner recommendation - I asked a young staffer if there was a "local specialty" and he wisely recommended Toppers pizza! As an med school applicant, I was hyper-conscious of the fact that "I am still only a student," but everyone at the hotel spoke to me with perfect (natural) warmth and politeness. I felt I carried the respect of an executive businessman. Combine that confidence with the good night's rest I received, and I interviewed very well. I'm attending the Medical College of Wisconsin this fall!

I would especially like to thank the staffer working graveyard shift at the front desk. Rather than let me check out at 5am to catch a bus to General Mitchell airport, he drove me there on his way home after his shift.

Tip them well! They earn it.

• Stayed April 2010, traveled on business
Green Bay
Reviewed May 10, 2010

I stayed here for business and loved this hotel. It is newer and very nice decor. I did not use the attached restaurant and bar, but plan to the next time I am there. The front desk was very friendly and helpful. I used Priceline to book my reservation and was shocked at how cheap I got this room! It was cheaper then staying in a nasty Super 8! My room was very spacious and super clean. Great hotel!!

• Stayed March 2010, traveled on business
Also consider these accommodations in or near Wauwatosa
Radisson Hotel Milwaukee West
Hampton Inn & Suites Milwaukee West
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Milwaukee West (Brookfield)
Ambassador Hotel
Ambassador Hotel
#13 of 56 in Milwaukee
Extended Stay America - Milwaukee - Wauwatosa
Best Western Milwaukee West
Best Western Milwaukee West
#17 of 56 in Milwaukee

Been to Crowne Plaza Milwaukee West Hotel? Share your experiences!