“Very nice and new”

Crowne Plaza Milwaukee West Hotel
Ranked #1 of 7 Hotels in Wauwatosa
Reviewed September 23, 2009

We stayed one night using my Holiday Inn points. Hotel is about a year old.
Nice area. It is near a nice looking mall (anchored by Cheesecake Factory, Maggiano's, McCormick and Schmicks so I suspect it was a nice mall but we never made it in there other than for Panera breakfast).
Beds were soft. Check-in service was good.
Lots of channels on tv. (especially sports channels like even ESPNU)
Our room had a shower without a tub, if that matters to anyone. No idea if all rooms were that way.
Our 2nd story room had a view of the subroof so that wasn't that great, but didn't go for view.
2 free computers in the 'business center' which wasn't a room, just a wall in the lobby.
Has restaurant in hotel called Innovations but we didn't try it. Also, a bar area.
We'd stay again.

• Stayed: September 2009, traveled as a couple

Reviewed September 6, 2009

We just returned from a two night stay at this hotel. The location is close to Miller Park and the Milwaukee Zoo. The hotel is very clean and modern. Food at Innovation was average. The pool was a bit small but warm. Staff were friendly and helpful. Overall a good experience.

• Stayed: September 2009, traveled with family
Reviewed August 23, 2009

Arrived Thurs 8/20 thru Sat 8/22. Very nice upgrade for us to take. Got an excellent price thru Priceline for 2 nites. Impressed with overall appearance and front desk staff.
Room was very nice. King size bed and great pulsating shower. Entire hotel is non smoking which we prefer. Did not visit the lounge or restaurant. Only negative comment I have is I received a $14 dollar liquor bill from the lounge. I did not visit the lounge or consume any beverages. Front desk staff person removed the charge and gave me a copy of a lounge charge with zero balance. I would think that the bar or wait staff would swipe aroom key or ask for an ID to charge incidentals to a room. They need to tighten up their policy on this. Had some noise by a young child saturday morning also. There was a sign stating quiet zone hours on our floor from 10 p.m. to 10 a.m. Called front desk things got quiet for awhile but noise persisted again.
I would go back and visit this property again if I got a good price again.

Stayed: August 2009, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 18, 2009

This hotel needs to learn how to do it's customer billing correctly. The company paid for our rooms up front, and I gave them my credit card for incidentals like I do every time I travel. Well, they charged the room to my credit card and did the same to my colleagues. They finally credited my account two weeks later! And now, two months later, they are charging my credit card and I haven't even stayed there! What the heck is going on???

• Stayed: June 2009, traveled on business
Reviewed August 9, 2009

We stayed at this hotel for three nights while on vacation in Wisconsin. It is a fairly new hotel (opened March 2008 according to the maintenance guy) so it still has the feeling of a new hotel. The rooms are very well appointed, and the wireless internet was also nice. We did not eat at the restaurant, but it was doing good business while we were there.

We asked for a quiet room and were placed on the 6th floor, the "quiet" floor. This worked out well except Thursday night when there were several kids running up and down the hallway and making a lot of noise - they should not have been put on that floor in the first place, and the hotel manager should have been aggressive in stopping the behavior and they were not. I would say the staff, while friendly, are all young and a little green - they aren't the most proactive when a situation presents itself.

Our room had a tub/shower and a walk-in shower - this was great, as it allowed my husband and I to shower at the same time and get out the door each morning faster!

The hotel is in Wauwatosa, a little west of downtown. This is a great location if you want to go downtown, even, as you will have to pay to park at the downtown hotels, but you don't have to pay here, and it's just a short drive in. Close to the hotel is the Harley Davidson plant, where you can take a factory tour, the Zoo, and the fairgrounds.

Also, not to be missed, is the village of Wauwatosa itself. How lovely it is - it has this quaint "downtown" area with restaurants and shops that are well attended by the locals. This is why we didn't eat in the hotel - this area in the village itself was where we ate every night.

Also nearby, the other direction, is a mall with lots of restaurant chains and stores if that is more your style.

We had a car, but the hotel offers a shuttle to nearby attractions and the driver is a very nice man with lots of "punny" jokes he'll love to share with you.

Overall, I would highly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: August 2009, traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 20, 2009

Overall, a nice hotel. Delightful bath amenities. Plenty of electrical outlets in all the right places. Sadly, the restaurant's food is so-so. The bar's seating area is awkwardly arranged and some of the bartenders have sour attitudes. In general, the staff all seems slightly unhappy with their jobs, which is a bit troubling. A smile and "welcome" with an upbeat voice would be preferable to the downcast expressions we've seen on each stay (6) when checking in. The beds are comfortable, the bedside wall-mounted lights are a plus, and the pillows are moldable (important when you need extra support). In order to squeeze more rooms on each floor, they've removed the built-in closet you'd expect to find. Instead, it's a rather cheap looking freestanding modern "armoire" (think Ikea) that has a sliding pull-out rod onto which you hang your clothes. In total, I think I had about 15 or 18 (?) inches of hanging space. The ironing board and iron fit snuggly alongside. This however is a minor complaint. As mentioned above, the staffs' dispositions could be more hospitable. Policies of the General Manager (and perhaps the owner? Who knows) are souring our group and our associates from future stays. Two of them moved to another hotel because of some of the practices. For instance, even with the "Privacy Please" (aka Do Not Disturb) sign hanging on the door, housekeeping insistently phoned and knocked on the door. Being our team works at night when we're in town, we need to sleep during the day. The phone call asking if we wanted our room clean was horrid, even after we asked the front desk at check-in to insure we were not bothered during the day. The intrusion was, in our mind, unprofessional and unnecessary and killed any chance of getting quality sleep. In far better hotels, housekeeping slides a note under the door asking if we intended to NOT have our room cleaned that day. A nicety, to be sure, and one the management at this place could easily adopt.

• Stayed: June 2009, traveled on business
Reviewed April 30, 2009

This was by far THE best hotel I have stayed at in my 30 years of traveling! The staff was great and the way they treated me.... I felt like the most important person there. I will be back again!!

• Stayed: April 2009, traveled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Wauwatosa
Radisson Hotel Milwaukee West
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Milwaukee West (Brookfield)
Embassy Suites by Hilton Milwaukee Brookfield
Residence Inn Milwaukee West
Hampton Inn & Suites Milwaukee West
Extended Stay America - Milwaukee - Wauwatosa

Been to Crowne Plaza Milwaukee West Hotel? Share your experiences!