“Very Nice!”

Ranked #1 of 5 Hotels in Wauwatosa
Oconomowoc, Wisconsin
“Very Nice!”
Reviewed April 7, 2013

Newer motel, nice modern decor. Very clean and every amenity you can think of in the room (except a mini 'fridge). The address is Innovation Drive or something like that. I'm sure that's the mailing address but the location is the corner of Mayfair Road and Watertown Plank Road. I was with a group of college students who wanted to find an open store for snacks at 1 a.m. The nice man at the front desk directed us to a 24 hour Walgreens nearby. He even called the Walgreens to see if they carried the items we were looking for! I thought that was GREAT service. The pool and hot tub are on the small side but open 24 hours. Free parking and easy access to downtown. They run a shuttle to Miller Park. We would return!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Lynda K, Front Office Manager at Crowne Plaza Milwaukee West Hotel, responded to this review, April 9, 2013
Dear 2618010,

Thank you for taking time out of your day to write a review about our property! It makes us happy to read that you enjoyed every aspect of your stay. We are ecstatic to hear that you were able to experience the top notch customer service we aim to provide to all of our guests. If you are in the area in the future, we look forward to your next visit. Thank you for your words of praise!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (81)
WI - USA
Reviewed March 28, 2013

This hotel has seven floors, an in house restaurant (Innovations), indoor pool, whirlpool, sauna, a workout room and an area which features meeting rooms of several sizes. Front desk staff is professional and accommodating.
Rooms feature 2 double beds or king bed. Some rooms have both bathtub and separate shower. All rooms have flat screen tvs and in room coffee makers. The bed linens were above average but the bed was not very comfortable.
The pool area is very clean and whirlpool is hot and large. Pool is small but dequate. Water could be warmer but it is swimmable. Sauna is nice. Plenty of towels available. The workout room looks out into the pool area. Treadmills are newer and the area is very cheerful.
We ate at the restaurant, Innovations. The wait staff was attentive and personable. Food was average. The menu was large with many choices. They offered several nightly specials. They also offered a bar area which was well staffed and had drink specials.
I was a bit disappointed in the availability of getting a cup of coffee in the am, I found out they sold it at the bar for $2 a cup but you had to chase down a waitress to obtain.
All in all, this is a very nice hotel and I will stay again.

Room Tip: Concierge floor is not staffed on weekends so don't pay to upgrade. Ask whether your room has bo...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear PackerfanWi-Usa,

Thank you for taking time out of your day to write a detailed review about our hotel! We are very happy to know that you enjoyed our pool area, onsite restaurant, and most importantly the professional service you received from our staff. I do apologize that you did not find our beds to be as comfortable and the trouble with finding coffee in the morning. Thank you for bringing these items to our attention, and when you are in the Wauwatosa area in the future, we look forward to making your next stay as enjoyable as your last.
Saint Cloud, Minnesota
Reviewed March 27, 2013

I found this dandy on priceline.....I travel enough that I have a system to rating hotels and restaurants. I found the Crowne Plaza to be an Excellent property based on my Priceline deal and a Very good property based whatever you paid....Very professional staff and top notch amenities.... very modern and good location....a little hampered by road construction but highly recommended...

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Dear SIOUXFANFOREVER,

We strive to give great and impressive service to all of our guests and it makes us happy to read we exceeded your expectations. We look forward to welcoming you back to our property if you are ever in the Wauwatosa area in the future. We truly appreciate the wonderful words of praise!
Manitowoc, Wisconsin
Reviewed March 15, 2013

We booked this hotel for a one night get-away. The hotel was in a quiet and safe location. The lobby was pleasant and the front desk was friendly and helpful. The room was clean, but small, and was lacking a fridge/microwave. The bed and pillows were too firm, and not comfortable. The bathroom and walk-in shower were nice and the toiletries were good quality. I guess I expected a more spacious room for the 3.5 star rating on the hotwire website. The price was reasonable but I do not know if I would stay again based on the bed/pillows.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Dear Cher Z,

We are always glad to read feedback about property. Thank you for taking time to express your thoughts and concerns. We are happy to know that your enjoyed the service and quality of our hotel. I do apologize if you did not sleep comfortably our beds. Thank you for the high scores for location, cleanliness and service.
Howards Grove
Reviewed March 5, 2013

We booked this hotel for a event we had going on in the area. When we arrived in our room, we found one of the glasses had never been washed ( still filled with water) but yet had the paper cover over it? Gross, yes. After that mini mess, we used the shuttle to get to our destination. I have to say the driver Mike was great! He talked with each of us, and had great customer service skills. After our fun filled day, we decided to eat at the hotel for dinner. Our server could have used Mike's skills. Very unpleasant and rude. We all thought our food was great, but we did see 3 different tables send back the prime rib because it wasn't cooked to their liking. When we finally got back to our rooms to sleep, we found the beds very comfortable, and hardly heard any noises throughout the night. The morning wait staff was very friendly and WAY better than the night staff. Overall, our stay was pretty good. If you forget about the glass, I would give it a 4/5, and the evening wait staff a 2/5. I would come back again.

Room Tip: Check to make sure your room is cleaned first =)
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
Lynda K, Front Office Manager at Crowne Plaza Milwaukee West Hotel, responded to this review, March 13, 2013
Dear Lindsay P,

We are always glad to read feedback of our property. Thank you for taking the time to express your thoughts and concerns. We are very happy that you had a great experience with our shuttle service and our morning restaurant team. However, we do apologize about the areas were your stay lacked. We take all comments seriously, and we will address these points and I hope when you return you will see the improvements made. Thank you.
Wisconsin
Reviewed March 4, 2013

I booked this hotel on Hotwire, for a spur of the moment stay in Milwaukee. So full disclosure, did not choose the hotel before purchasing. However, I could not have been more pleased with my stay, and would definitely return. The hotel is in excellent condition, the rooms were extremely clean with quality amenities (love the sound sleep package of pillow spray and aromatherapy lotions), and the staff was suberb. The bed was very comfortable, and room was quiet - we slept well. Being a very frequent traveler, who often uses Hotwire, one of the things I like to compare is how you are treated at check in if a Hotwire user, vs a loyalty member,. This hotel was among tops, if not the best in this area. The guys at the desk were super friendly, helpful and welcoming. The hotel has an onsite restaurant which my daughter and I decided to try. Another excellent choice. The meal was exactly what we were looking for and exceeded our expectations. The salad bar alone was outstanding!
There is free parking, and it is very easy to find, about 10 minutes outside of downtown Milwaukee. Highly recommend, and would stay here again without hesitation.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Dear Wisgirl01,

Thank you for taking time out of your day to write a review for our property. We are thrilled to know that you enjoyed every aspect of your stay. We are happy that you had the opportunity to utilize some of the amenities that our hotel offers, such as our Sleep Amenity Kits, free parking, and our onsite restaurant Innovation. Thank you for your high scores and your recommendation of our hotel. We look forward to your next visit!
Madison
Reviewed January 27, 2013

I thought this hotel was a kids-friendly hotel since I saw many small kids and babies in the pool several minutes after I checked in. However, later during the night, I had a bad experience related to my kids’ situation and this hotel. I have two small children: five and nine year old. Only three of us spent the night here for my older kid’s sport competition without my husband coming along.

It was around 9:00PM, my kids were in the bedroom while I was in the bathroom. My kids, as kids like to do the most, were playing. I could hear from the bathroom that my kids were playing and laughing. I tried to ask them to be quieter but I couldn’t.

Then, the problem arose. My room neighbor banged my bathroom wall. Again, I tried to remind my kids but still I could not do it loudly since I knew that if I shout from the bathroom, the neighbor would become more irritated. Then, about 10 second after I heard the bangs on the wall, the phone was ringing. Of course since I was still in the bathroom, I could not answer it. On top of that, before the phone stopped ringing, somebody (hotel staff) knocked my room!

The staff said that there were some complaints regarding noise in my room. I said to him that it was true that it was my kids' voices but I could not make them stop since I was in the bathroom. I said I was the only adult staying in this room who could not deal with the situation at that time; not because I did not want to.

While I was dealing with the staff, shockingly the neighbor went out and interrupted my conversation with the staff. He said FIRMLY that he was sure that the noise was from my room. For me, his action was rude because not only he was interrupting the conversation, but also he was not giving a chance the staff that he called earlier to mediate his problem with my situation. Then, something that made me shocked was he also said that there were two adults in his room trying to get a good night sleep! Wow, seriously?! It seemed that he did not care about kids, what kids are usually do and challenges for parents. HUH!

I was really upset by the repetitive “reminders”. The time gap between banging on the wall, ringing and knocking on my door was only LESS THAN ONE MINUTES! It seemed that they would not give me a chance to handle this situation. It was only kids playing around for God’s sake, not adults partying! As a mother, I would not let my kids laughing all night. I could not imagine if I was in the position of a parent who brought her baby staying in this hotel and the baby crying in the middle of the night. I am sure she would hear bangs and knocks and rings continuously.

This experience was really bugging me as I could not sleep at all during my staying in the hotel. That was why I rated my sleep quality was terrible. Staff’s lack of ability in mediating and solving the guests’ social problems and the rude neighbor made me need to think twice to stay in this hotel again.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank hdfs
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Crowne Plaza Milwaukee West Hotel, responded to this review, February 9, 2013
Dear hdfs,

Thank you for your detailed review regarding your recent stay. We strive everyday to create special experiences to our guests and we are truly sorry we did not manage this for your stay. Please allow me to apologize for the inconvenience you may have had due to the level of service received from our staff and issues you experienced with our other guest. I will address these points. I assure you the feedback of our hotel will be reviewed and most certainly forwarded to the appropriate departments.

Again, thank you for your feedback as this is our best resource of improving guest services. I do apologize and regret that this impacted your experience at our hotel.

Zelyn N
Case Manager
IHGCare
Also consider these accommodations in or near Wauwatosa
Radisson Hotel Milwaukee West
Hampton Inn & Suites Milwaukee West
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Milwaukee West (Brookfield)
Ambassador Hotel
Ambassador Hotel
#10 of 56 in Milwaukee
4.0 of 5 bubbles 1,429 reviews
Forty Winks Inn
Forty Winks Inn
#3 of 5 in Wauwatosa
DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Milwaukee Downtown

Been to Crowne Plaza Milwaukee West Hotel? Share your experiences!