“Last minute reservation, delightful stay!”

Crowne Plaza Milwaukee West Hotel
Ranked #1 of 5 Hotels in Wauwatosa
Wisconsin
“Last minute reservation, delightful stay!”
Reviewed March 4, 2013

I booked this hotel on Hotwire, for a spur of the moment stay in Milwaukee. So full disclosure, did not choose the hotel before purchasing. However, I could not have been more pleased with my stay, and would definitely return. The hotel is in excellent condition, the rooms were extremely clean with quality amenities (love the sound sleep package of pillow spray and aromatherapy lotions), and the staff was suberb. The bed was very comfortable, and room was quiet - we slept well. Being a very frequent traveler, who often uses Hotwire, one of the things I like to compare is how you are treated at check in if a Hotwire user, vs a loyalty member,. This hotel was among tops, if not the best in this area. The guys at the desk were super friendly, helpful and welcoming. The hotel has an onsite restaurant which my daughter and I decided to try. Another excellent choice. The meal was exactly what we were looking for and exceeded our expectations. The salad bar alone was outstanding!
There is free parking, and it is very easy to find, about 10 minutes outside of downtown Milwaukee. Highly recommend, and would stay here again without hesitation.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Lynda K, Front Office Manager at Crowne Plaza Milwaukee West Hotel, responded to this review, March 13, 2013
Dear Wisgirl01,

Thank you for taking time out of your day to write a review for our property. We are thrilled to know that you enjoyed every aspect of your stay. We are happy that you had the opportunity to utilize some of the amenities that our hotel offers, such as our Sleep Amenity Kits, free parking, and our onsite restaurant Innovation. Thank you for your high scores and your recommendation of our hotel. We look forward to your next visit!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (87)
Madison
Reviewed January 27, 2013

I thought this hotel was a kids-friendly hotel since I saw many small kids and babies in the pool several minutes after I checked in. However, later during the night, I had a bad experience related to my kids’ situation and this hotel. I have two small children: five and nine year old. Only three of us spent the night here for my older kid’s sport competition without my husband coming along.

It was around 9:00PM, my kids were in the bedroom while I was in the bathroom. My kids, as kids like to do the most, were playing. I could hear from the bathroom that my kids were playing and laughing. I tried to ask them to be quieter but I couldn’t.

Then, the problem arose. My room neighbor banged my bathroom wall. Again, I tried to remind my kids but still I could not do it loudly since I knew that if I shout from the bathroom, the neighbor would become more irritated. Then, about 10 second after I heard the bangs on the wall, the phone was ringing. Of course since I was still in the bathroom, I could not answer it. On top of that, before the phone stopped ringing, somebody (hotel staff) knocked my room!

The staff said that there were some complaints regarding noise in my room. I said to him that it was true that it was my kids' voices but I could not make them stop since I was in the bathroom. I said I was the only adult staying in this room who could not deal with the situation at that time; not because I did not want to.

While I was dealing with the staff, shockingly the neighbor went out and interrupted my conversation with the staff. He said FIRMLY that he was sure that the noise was from my room. For me, his action was rude because not only he was interrupting the conversation, but also he was not giving a chance the staff that he called earlier to mediate his problem with my situation. Then, something that made me shocked was he also said that there were two adults in his room trying to get a good night sleep! Wow, seriously?! It seemed that he did not care about kids, what kids are usually do and challenges for parents. HUH!

I was really upset by the repetitive “reminders”. The time gap between banging on the wall, ringing and knocking on my door was only LESS THAN ONE MINUTES! It seemed that they would not give me a chance to handle this situation. It was only kids playing around for God’s sake, not adults partying! As a mother, I would not let my kids laughing all night. I could not imagine if I was in the position of a parent who brought her baby staying in this hotel and the baby crying in the middle of the night. I am sure she would hear bangs and knocks and rings continuously.

This experience was really bugging me as I could not sleep at all during my staying in the hotel. That was why I rated my sleep quality was terrible. Staff’s lack of ability in mediating and solving the guests’ social problems and the rude neighbor made me need to think twice to stay in this hotel again.

1 Thank hdfs
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Crowne Plaza Milwaukee West Hotel, responded to this review, February 9, 2013
Dear hdfs,

Thank you for your detailed review regarding your recent stay. We strive everyday to create special experiences to our guests and we are truly sorry we did not manage this for your stay. Please allow me to apologize for the inconvenience you may have had due to the level of service received from our staff and issues you experienced with our other guest. I will address these points. I assure you the feedback of our hotel will be reviewed and most certainly forwarded to the appropriate departments.

Again, thank you for your feedback as this is our best resource of improving guest services. I do apologize and regret that this impacted your experience at our hotel.

Zelyn N
Case Manager
IHGCare
Appleton, Wisconsin
Reviewed January 24, 2013

The staff and the accommodations were top notch. We stayed at the Crowne Plaza because it was close to Children's Hospital (our daughter had open heart surgery), the hotel offered a shuttle service and the use of the executive lounge was great! The staff every day asked how our daughter was, assisted us with any request we had and house keeping was great when I asked if they could clean my room earlier so I could rest and take a shower before going back to the hospital to stay with my daughter. The food is awesome. We didn't have to drive anywhere to eat. The shuttle drivers were very accommodating with our schedule. They were friendly and even opened the doors for us. Very nice! It's not too often that you find a hotel that shows compassion and concern for a guest. I highly recommend staying here.

Vancouver, Washington
Reviewed January 24, 2013

I've stayed at this hotel once before, a couple of years ago, and I liked it so much then that I decided to stay here again this week. They put me up on the 8th floor (Executive level), and I enjoyed it very much. The hotel is very quiet (even with the construction outside), and the beds are so comfortable. I plan on staying at this hotel for all my Waukesha visits. Top notch.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Fayetteville, North Carolina
Reviewed January 23, 2013

The staff is top notch and the accomodations are very, very good. I come here often for exactly these reasons. I always feel welcome here and look forward to staying knowing I've never been disappointed yet. Room comfort is well above average. Very clean. Location is close by to shopping and nice restaurants. The restaurant on the property has a somewhat limited menu but all very tasty.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
cmcdmc
Reviewed January 23, 2013

Love this place! The atmosphere was great, and all quality. Barstaff was super! Made great suggestions from menu. Rooms were very comfortable, and toiletries were fun. Great beds, and ZERO noise from hallway in rooms.

Brooklyn, New York
Reviewed December 29, 2012

I stayed at the Crowne Plaza for one evening and thought it was a nice mid-level hotel. I appreciated some of the attention to detail such as glasses instead of plastic cups in the bathroom and the bed had reading lights on both sides of the bed. I also appreciated that the fitness room and pool were open 24 hours, though the lights were so bright I decided not to grab a quick soak in the whirlpool when I arrived. In the morning I used the gym and was pleased with the cleanliness and the great condition of the equipment. If you are looking for a reasonably priced room outside of the city I would definitely consider this hotel.

Room Tip: The 6th Floor was a Quiet Floor.