“Nice hotel”

Ranked #1 of 5 Hotels in Wauwatosa
Madison, Wisconsin
“Nice hotel”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 10, 2012

The hotel looks nice, we stay only 2 days and the room looks very nice. The only downside is that the swimming pool is VERY small, so we did not enjoy it. Nevertheless is an ok hotel for a business trip to Mke.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Maria C

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (80)
Manhattan, Illinois
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 8, 2012

This is the first time we have stayed at the Crowne Plaza. The staff was extremely friendly and outgoing. In addition, many got to know you by your first name and they would go above and beyond to make sure the stay was enjoyable. Clean rooms too! We have already booked for August 2013 because of our stay.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with friends
Minneapolis
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 31, 2012

My nephew and I stayed at the Crowne Plaza while in town for a Brewers game. Although very busy dealing with an influx of guests, the staff was extremely accommodating, even running a special shuttle to the game for us when my nephew was delayed in traffic. They upgraded us to very nice suite for the same price as a regular room and were helpful throughout. The hotel was clean and well located. Breakfast in the restaurant was both very good and reasonably priced. I would certainly stay at the Crowne Plaza again when I am next in the Milwaukee area.

Austin, Texas
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 19, 2012

Dang. I really wanted to like this hotel. Where do I start with all the things that went wrong? I checked in for 5 nights and asked to be somewhere REALLY quiet, like at the end of the hall and away from the ice machine. So where did they put me? On the 6th floor which is supposed to be the "quiet" floor (but definitely is not), right by the elevator and directly across from the ice machine. If it weren't so late and tired I would've asked to be moved. Lots of little details missed here. Nothing to clean the machines in the gym; gross. Housekeeping missed something every day: one day they left trash, one day they left dirty dishes, one day they didn't replenish coffee maker, one day they didn't vacuum...it was always something. One night there was a fire at the hotel and we had to evacuate. After we returned, there was no power for 7 hours. My room was hot, with no way to open the window. I realize this is out of their control but they could've at least offered a sentiment such as "We apologize for any inconvenience." Then they checked in a large number of families with young, loud kids on to the 6th floor, which is not supposed to have any kids. After listening to them run up and down the halls screaming and slamming doors for at least an hour, I called downstairs and all they said was "tell us if they're still doing it after 11pm". I have to come back here twice in the next 4 weeks but will NOT stay here again.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
2 Thank KNichols528
IHGCare, IHGCare at Crowne Plaza Milwaukee West Hotel, responded to this review, August 5, 2012
Dear KNichols528,

Thank you for writing a review regarding your stay at our hotel. I want to assure you we work very hard to ensure our facilities and service are superior and we strive to be the best Crowne Plaza around. Please accept my sincerest apology for falling short of your expectations on this day. We take all reviews positive and negative very seriously, and your feedback will help us improve for our next guest or your next visit.

Unfortunately, your account settings do not allow us to send you a Private Message. You are welcome to reach out to our Guest Relations via email at ihgcare@ihg.com or you may send us a Private Message through TripAdvisor to IHGCare including reference to your TripAdvisor Account Name so we can follow up on your experience.

Pam G.
Case Manager
IHGCare
Platteville, Wisconsin
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 16, 2012

My 7 year old son and I stayed here on a Saturday night to go to a Brewers game. With the exception of the hotel shuttle everything was nice. The rooms were clean and we enjoyed the pool, fitness center, and Sunday brunch (you get a 3pm checkout if you purchase the ~$15/person brunch buffet).

My problem was with the shuttle service. We booked a time for the shuttle to take us to Miller Park and when we got on the shuttle the van was full of drunk hotel guests. Several of the guests brought open beers onto the shuttle, the driver was turning up loud music, and everyone in the shuttle was shouting and swearing. My 7 year old must have heard the "f-word" 50 times. Even though I told one guy to stop it, he and others didn't stop. The guy next to us was getting ready to light a cigarette until I told him he couldn't do that (he opted for chew instead).

The return trip was almost as frustrating. There weren't any obnoxious drunks but the procedure for getting us back to the hotel was poor. We were told twice a shuttle would be at the park in the bottom of the 8th inning. After a call to the hotel, a shuttle finally arrived in the bottom of the ninth. 12 of the 14 seats were immediately taken but the driver said she had to wait until the van was full as they had 90+ people to bring back. We waited 25 minutes in the van and no one was arriving. Finally, after everyone had been complaining, she decided to leave about 15 minutes after the game ended.

I wasn't expecting the shuttle to be full of perfect passengers, but I expected the hotel would require at least some code of conduct, especially when a young child is riding. Secondly, the procedure for getting us back to the hotel was very frustrating. I would consider staying here again, but if you're planning on using the shuttle, consider this review first.

As a side-note, a family member of mine used the shuttle for a mid-week game and didn't have any of the problems I mentioned. They said the shuttle was timely, came and went approximately half-full, and passengers were polite.

1 Thank SWWI12
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Crowne Plaza Milwaukee West Hotel, responded to this review, July 30, 2012
Dear SWWI12,

Thank you for taking time to write your feedback. I am glad you found our location and room accommodations commendable. Please accept my sincerest apology for any inconvenience you experienced with our shuttle service. I appreciate you bringing this matter into our attention as this is our best resource of improving guest services.

Again, I do apologize and regret that this impacted your experience at our hotel. If there is anything we can do to make your next stay more comfortable, please do not hesitate to ask the Manager on Duty.

Pam G.
Case Manager
IHGCare
Illinois
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 10, 2012

We did a quick stay in Milwaukee and chose the Crowne Plaza in Milwaukee/Wauwatosa. What a really pleasant stay. The beds were firm yet soft, the room spacious enough (although for our family of 5, a bit more room would have been even nicer), the toiletries were a step above what normally is found in hotels. The location is about 20 minutes from Milwaukee, and about 9 min. from downtown Wauwatosa - a hip and trendy area with superb restaurants. The pool was out of service when we checked in but they had a maintenance person working on it, so they had it open for us in just under an hour. I was impressed with that - sometimes hotels will wait to fix things to save money. There was also a hot tub, and the pool had a special handicap chair for those in need of help lowering into the water. I used the workout room twice, and was pleased with it. There were complimentary ear phones, several types of cardio and strength equipment, and an assortment of free weights. The yoga mats have seen better days. Classical music was piped into the room. We didn't make it down for our complimentary drink but really enjoyed our stay anyway. The only thing I would note - which seems to be a trend at all hotels - is they only gave us three towels so we had to ask for more. This is a hotel we would definitely revisit.

1 Thank CTheWorld-5
Green Bay, Wisconsin
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 25, 2012

We spent one night at this hotel. After a long, hot day at the Milwaukee Zoo it was great to swim in the pool and relax in the hot tub. Our room was comfortable and decorated very nicely. The restaurant served up good food at reasonable prices. This location is minutes from the zoo and public museum. Definitely would stay again and recommend to others.

Room Tip: I asked for a quiet room close to the pool. The pool is on the first floor and there are no rooms th...