“We loved the PILLOWS so much we all bought some”

Crowne Plaza Milwaukee West Hotel
Ranked #1 of 5 Hotels in Wauwatosa
“We loved the PILLOWS so much we all bought some”
Reviewed August 23, 2011

This is a great Crowne Plaza in MIlwaukee. The rooms are up to date, great location to get anywhere in Milwaukee. The best part were the linens. The pillows are the same ones they use at the Bellagio Hotel in Las Vegas called Comformance. Even on a budget, we ended up ordering them.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled with friends
1 Thank FederalExpress

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (85)
Washington
Reviewed August 16, 2011

This hotel is one of the closest and newest hotels to Froedtert hospital. The area is nice and safe. There was plenty of free parking available. I was really impressed with check-in and the complimentary welcome pack of water and snacks that I got for being a Priority Club member. The room was really nice, but there wasn't a fridge. No free breakfast, but the gym was among the best I've seen with modern equipment with built in tv screens. The staff was friendly and knowledgeable. I was very pleased with this hotel and would definitely recommend it to visitors to Wauwatosa.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled solo
1 Thank interviewtraveler
Madison, Wisconsin
Reviewed August 16, 2011

Stayed at this hotel for a wedding. After the wedding, we were suppose to continue the party at TGIF at miller park. Well they never showed up and left us stranded at Miller Park. Calling the crowne plaza, Kori at the front desk picked up and was beyond helpful. She not only provided free transportation for all party goers, but also suggested a great location to continue to party. The crying bride at the end of the night thanked me for setting it all up, but the credit was all Kori's. Thank you Crowne Plaza for saving the wedding!!!

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with friends
Washington DC, District of Columbia
Reviewed July 14, 2011

This hotel is on the historic Watertown Plank Road, several miles west of the city in a suburb. The location is very good and easy to find off US 45 or Route 100. As some of the previous reviews mention, the hotel operates shuttles to baseball games, other events, or (when available) just about anywhere else you want to go.

The staff was young, but more than capable - when I encountered a very minor issue early on in my stay, they made it right immediately. The rooms are decent-sized, the bed was comfortable. Oddly enough, my favorite thing about the room was the opaque blind on the window. I've never seen them in a hotel before, but they're awesome -- it allowed to have both natural light in the room while having the blind closed at the same time. It also allowed a little natural light to get in at night (there are curtains too if that bothers you, but I liked it).

There is really nothing in the immediate vicinity of the hotel other than their own bar/restaurant (I did not patronize it, so I can't comment on it). However, there is a mall about a mile north with many restaurants, including a highly-recommended Maggiano's Italian restaurant.

I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled solo
1 Thank spade7
Onalaska, Wisconsin
Reviewed July 5, 2011

Amazing! The hotel, room, bar, staff were all great! couldn't be happier. We picked this hotel out of random so we could be in the area for the Brewer Game and we were over the top pleasantly surprised! They have a free shudder that runs to and from the hotel to the game. It worked perfect for our big group that wanted to tail gate but couldn't all fit in one vehicle and didn't want to take more then the one vehicle down there. Brewer game or not, next time we are in Milwaukee we are 100% going to be staying there again! Cant wait for next time!

• Stayed June 2011, traveled with friends
New York City, New York
Reviewed June 13, 2011

Most of the staff seems truly uncomfortable speaking to the guests, especially if you have an unusual request (mine was a room fan, I totally stressed out the manager with this one- the answer was no, so I bought one at a hardware store). I also stressed him with my request for a conference room chair- he asked his superior, "are we allowed to do that?" This hotel is skimping by paying one lady who is older and experienced to oversee a bunch of incompetent pimply youths who have no rapport with guests and are more concerned with pleasing their superior than making any guest welcome. And also, the "suites" that they charge so much extra money for are about 1.5 feet longer than the regular hotel rooms! Look at a photo of the hotel; if you see where the outer wall outline sticks out slightly over the entrance, that is for two suites on each floor. You get a dark badly lit sitting room and a nicely sunlit bedroom which barely fits the bed. The light in the bedroom is great until it's 6 am and you realize that the curtains don't block out the sunlight. The pool and hottub smelled like mildew, very badly. I switched to the Brookfield Residence Inn as soon as possible.

Room Tip: 6th floor quieter but not enforced on weekends
Stayed June 2011, traveled on business
1 Thank weezeed
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed June 8, 2011

I woke up early and needed some coffee. It was 5 am and when I went down to the restaurant it was closed of course. A man was picking up dirty glasses from the lounge areas and he asked me if I needed anything. I said coffee not expecting him to be able to help with that. He asked what I wanted in it and a minute later came back with a fresh cup of coffee to go. I asked his name and he said Salvador-a little while later he was cleaning and polishing the floor. I was amazed with the level of customer focus and that someone who had plenty to do bent over backwards to get me a cup of coffee making me feel like the most important part of his job. Thanks

• Stayed June 2011, traveled on business
1 Thank DJR164
Also consider these accommodations in or near Wauwatosa
Radisson Hotel Milwaukee West
Hampton Inn & Suites Milwaukee West
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Milwaukee West (Brookfield)
Ambassador Hotel
Ambassador Hotel
#13 of 56 in Milwaukee
Extended Stay America - Milwaukee - Wauwatosa
Best Western Milwaukee West
Best Western Milwaukee West
#18 of 56 in Milwaukee

Been to Crowne Plaza Milwaukee West Hotel? Share your experiences!