“Beer for Brunch? Ja! and a whole lot more”
Review of Cafe Bavaria

Cafe Bavaria
Ranked #11 of 115 Restaurants in Wauwatosa
Cuisines: German
Dining options: Breakfast
Description: This unique café, located in the heart of Wauwatosa’s historic village, is definitely not your grandparents’ German restaurant. Offering modern, gastropub fare—including our famous smash burgers—paired with an impressive import bier list.
Reviewed April 10, 2017

You might not think German for brunch, but Cafe Bavaria makes it sizzle. Huge bloody mary with a beer chaser started the fun. Several options available and they were great. My son had pretzel eggs benedict with bavarian ham on a pretzel roll, it was delicious. My wife's omelet was filled with delicious Bavarian ham and bacon. The smashed potatoes were excellent. I had a Brewhouse burger that was fantastic, sauteed onions, cheese, sundried tomato and thick bacon. What really took it to another level is the doughnut balls. They are fresh fried and hot coated with powdered sugar and fresh jam. Get the apricot to put on them. OH they are a great start to a delicious brunch.

Reviewed March 1, 2017

I went back (to get the burger I LOVE) and was told that I can't order the burger well done. The waiter told me that my burger would come medium to medium well, that I couldn't order it well done. I was exceptionally disappointed. That burger is the reason I drive across town for brunch from time to time. I tried to tell him that I had ordered it before and have never had this problem but he insisted that is the way it is now. I ordered something else (that was good too) but left very disappointed.

The food I got was good, but it wasn't what I wanted and the service was poor. Probably my last trip here! There are too many places to go to put up with bad service and getting told I have to eat undercooked meat.

Reviewed February 21, 2017

I'm not a huge fan of the "communal tables", but I can get over it to enjoy a hearty meal at this German-inspired restaurant. They have decent German-style food and beer with a fun atmosphere. I wouldn't go as far as to call them a full on German restaurant, but their take on traditional food is solid and delicious. There is usually a pretty long wait, but you'll find the offerings are hearty and worth your time. It's a little on the expensive side for what you're getting, but not too bad, and most people leave with leftovers. I've been a few times now, and haven't had a bad experience with food or staff yet.

Reviewed February 13, 2017

Have been here a number of times and I think its another excellent member of the Lowlands Group family...this time, German. There is a great selection of beers on tap, available in skinny 0.2 L up to the full Liter. Glass boots also available for groups (I think they're 3 L but not sure on that). Fruh Koelsch (light), Kostritzer (dark), and Franziskaner Dunkelweiss (dark wheat) are my favorites. Highly recommend. The food pairs well and ranges from schnitzels and sausages to heaping entrees like the Schweinshaxe (my personal favorite - a giant pork hock, crispy on the outside, bone-in, over a bed of potatoes and cabbage and bacon slaw). Can't say enough about this place.

Reviewed January 18, 2017 via mobile

My husband and I ate here tonight and it was delicious! The food is very authentic German cuisine. I had the weiner schnitzel; it was a tender veal cutlet that was breaded. It was served with asparagus and spaetzle. It was delicious! My husband got the beef stroganoff served over spaetzle with a side of red cabbage. The red cabbage paired well with the richness of the stroganoff. His meal was better than mine and I will definitely order his next. The beers were great too. My husband ordered a sampler with 4 beers and he liked all of them. I ordered a fig old fashioned; it was okay, but not very flavorful. We will be back!

1  Thank SaraR629