“Great Food, meh service”

The Cheesecake Factory
Ranked #5 of 100 Restaurants in Wauwatosa
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed June 21, 2014 via mobile

I just are lunch here. We walked in at 11:45 and were seated right away. The host was prompt but not friendly. The other host who walked us to our table didn't acknowledge us except to say follow me. We waited more than 5 minutes for a server. She, again, was polite but not particularly friendly.

My bill for 3 of us was $50. If I am spending $50 on lunch, I want a little service. Maybe a bit of small talk.

Food was, as usual, excellent. Their Skinnylicious menu is Delishhhhh!!!

Reviewed April 30, 2014

the wait was very short even on a busy Friday night. Service was excellent. Food was very good and the cheesecake was excellent.

Reviewed April 16, 2014

The décor is attractive & menu selections are numerous - soups, salads (my favorite), sandwiches, pasta, fish, etc. It is an excellent spot to eat in the Mayfair Mall vicinity. The only negative is the acoustics of the place - very loud & sometimes hard to converse. Try the cheesecake - can't go wrong on any of them!

Reviewed February 15, 2014

I'm not aware that there is a space issue in Milwaukee but for some reason this place and P.F. Chang's like to squish people in like sardines. Just taking out one table would give some wonderful breathing room and you wouldn't feel like you were sitting in your neighbor's lap.

The food is fine and reasonably priced but most people like to have a little breathing room. And then you know that the glaze on your food is supposed to be there, not because your table neighbor was a little animated and showered your entree.

I'll probably go back but I'll try to go during off hours in the future. And hopefully, this place will get a little more common sense and little less greed, and give people some space. Of course, the line up for other sardines/suckers was going out the door...so probably not in the near future.

Reviewed January 7, 2014

After shopping at Mayfair with my mom for Christmas we went here.We met my brother and his roomate and we had a great time. I loved the ambiance. To start I love the bread they bring to the table and love that they have Coke products. Our waitress was great and patient with how long it took us to look over the huge menu for the first time. We got the fried veggie sampler- Mushroom, zucchini, and avocado deep fried in a yummy batter with dipping sauces super yummy!!! Nice portion. I had the Tempura ahi tuna roll appetizer as my meal. It was good but to me the tuna was completely cooked through which I was not expecting -the menu says raw and only flash fried(I think they let it fry too long or sit under heat lamps too long) But it was still good and huge for an appetizer. My brother had an awesome Mushroom Burger and fries. Huge and tasty. His roomie had Chicken Bellagio- Crispy Coated Chicken Breast over Basil Pasta and Parmesan Cream Sauce Topped with Prosciutto that she said was excellent(if I hadn't just met her I would have stolen a bite!) and my mom had Bistro Shrimp- Crispy Battered Shrimp, Fresh Mushrooms, Tomato and Arugula Tossed with Spaghettini and a Basil-Garlic-Lemon Cream Sauce also excellent. We split the peppermint bark cheesecake which was the best cheesecake I have ever had!!!
I loved this place so much my hubby and daughter were jealous so we went back with some Christmas money. This time we tried the Polenta fries- OMG I could have eaten the whole tray myself they were soooo good. Crispy on the outside and super soft and flavorful inside. My hubby had the same burger as my brother and loved it. Daughter had the Avocado eggrolls- Avocado, Sun-Dried Tomato, Red Onion and Cilantro Fried in a Crisp Wrapper. Served with a Tamarind-Cashew Dipping Sauce. I had the Chicken Maidera and was not disappointed. Sautéed Chicken Breast Topped with Fresh Asparagus and Melted Mozzarella Cheese. Covered with Fresh Mushroom Madeira Sauce and Served with Mashed Potatoes. We each took home a slice of cheesecake, Banana Creme pie, Chris's favorite and Adam's favorite. All good!!! Cannot wait to go back!!!