“Horrible experience”

Dave & Busters
Ranked #63 of 102 Restaurants in Wauwatosa
Cuisines: American
Reviewed June 25, 2013

My husband attempted to plan a party at Dave and Busters for my birthday because I always wanted to try it. He signed a contract to reserve a room for a group of 20 people. He had to deal with people in New York to do the contract, we live in Wisconsin. He told the lady exactly what he wanted (eat and play options) and she gave him his options to pick from. He picked one and thought everything was handled. Come that night, the manager tells us there is no play included in the package and she couldn't help us since everything is handles in New York. So we paid for chicken that was so spicy half of the group could not eat it, and for steaks that were too dry for most to eat. We paid additional money for people to play games and have sodas which was not included in the cost. Our bill was over $900! That is an additional $150 we had to pay because of their lack of explaining their programs. I know that many of the people spent additional money to play more games because most of the games require a large amount of tokens. I agree with other reviews that they have A LOT of hidden costs. My husband called New York and explained the situation and how unsatisfied he was, and their response was to call Milwaukee since that is who we dealt with (which is exactly what Milwaukee said). On top of all of this, it is not an "adults only" restaurant, which is one of the reasons it appealed for an adult birthday party. There were at least 50 young teenagers there, and some people had their toddlers running around. It is only over 21 after 10:30 pm, which is not when most people eat dinner. I was so excited to go to Dave and Busters but I will never return. The whole situation was handled so poorly. The cost of food for the quality was outrageous. I have no problem paying for good food, but this was not the situation. And if I get the urge to play games, I will just go to Chuckie Cheese since there was tons of kids around Dave and Busters anyway. And if you are planning on reserving a room and signing a contract....be aware.

2  Thank Stephanie K

Reviewed June 20, 2013

Good time with coworkers. Could have been even better with Family. Didn't visit the game area. Food was very good!

Reviewed March 11, 2013

Originally I had thought by the way that it is advertised that this was more of an adults only type of place but I had stopped in for lunch in one in Nashville a few months back and learned at that time it wasn't the case at all. Went on a Saturday night with another adult couple. Took probably about 15 minutes to get a table for dinner which wasn't bad at all for how busy they were. The problem with the food was that it was either wonderful or not good at all. The fries are top notch. I ordered the chicken tenders and they were horrible. Barely any breading at all, might as well have been 'naked'. My husband had the double cheeseburger which he said was decent. My friend got the shrimp alfredo w/ lobster sauce which was amazing (we all had to try it).
The games are fun as well, they have a very good variety for all ages. I especially loved the trivia game. I didn't think they were too pricey but I guess it depends what you play. My husband and I both got $35 worth and played over 2 hrs and still have quite a bit of points left to do.
The only odd point was when we bought beer. We were charged 3 different prices the 3 different times we went up to the bar for the exact same thing. This was all between about 6-9 on a Saturday so it wasn't anything to do with Happy Hour.

Reviewed February 28, 2013

It was out first visit to Dave and Busters and we had heard good things about it. We met some friends there at 6:30 p.m. on a Saturday night, 9 of us, ages in our group spanned from 18 to 52. We checked in for a table around 6:15 pm. We expected wait especially after seeing all the cars in the parking lot. We were told there would be a 45 minute wait so we found some seats at tne bar and ordered drinks and an appetizer. The bartenders were great! Their service and personality gave us a great first impression. Then we waited. And waited. And waited. Checked with the hostess several times and were told it would be 20 more minutes each time. TWO HOURS later, we were seated...not served but just then seated. As we wound our way around to out table, we noticed the place was packed with children. It was just like a Chucky Cheese restaurant and just as noisy. The food came in a timely manner and was good but not good enough to wait over 2 hours for it. The server did a great job. The drinks and appetizer were better at the bar. The games were fun for everyone but your power card points go quickly and it ends up being a little pricey. If we go again, we'll skip the meal and just have a drink at the bar and maybe something quick to munch on. I give the service a Very Good rating because of the bartenders and the server, not the hostess stand's management of their customers.

Reviewed January 24, 2013

I was really surprised at the prices and also asked for my daughters mild shake in a to go cup and we were told they dont have them?

Been to Dave & Busters? Share your experiences!