“Enjoyable”

Dave & Busters
Ranked #75 of 97 Restaurants in Wauwatosa
Cuisines: American, Bar
Good for: Large groups, Bar scene, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Eastern NC
“Enjoyable”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 20, 2013

Good time with coworkers. Could have been even better with Family. Didn't visit the game area. Food was very good!

Visited May 2013

Oshkosh, Wisconsin
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Fun Night”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 11, 2013

Originally I had thought by the way that it is advertised that this was more of an adults only type of place but I had stopped in for lunch in one in Nashville a few months back and learned at that time it wasn't the case at all. Went on a Saturday night with another adult couple. Took probably about 15 minutes to get a table for dinner which wasn't bad at all for how busy they were. The problem with the food was that it was either wonderful or not good at all. The fries are top notch. I ordered the chicken tenders and they were horrible. Barely any breading at all, might as well have been 'naked'. My husband had the double cheeseburger which he said was decent. My friend got the shrimp alfredo w/ lobster sauce which was amazing (we all had to try it).
The games are fun as well, they have a very good variety for all ages. I especially loved the trivia game. I didn't think they were too pricey but I guess it depends what you play. My husband and I both got $35 worth and played over 2 hrs and still have quite a bit of points left to do.
The only odd point was when we bought beer. We were charged 3 different prices the 3 different times we went up to the bar for the exact same thing. This was all between about 6-9 on a Saturday so it wasn't anything to do with Happy Hour.

• Visited March 2013
Milwaukee, Wisconsin
“Plan lots of extra time”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 28, 2013

It was out first visit to Dave and Busters and we had heard good things about it. We met some friends there at 6:30 p.m. on a Saturday night, 9 of us, ages in our group spanned from 18 to 52. We checked in for a table around 6:15 pm. We expected wait especially after seeing all the cars in the parking lot. We were told there would be a 45 minute wait so we found some seats at tne bar and ordered drinks and an appetizer. The bartenders were great! Their service and personality gave us a great first impression. Then we waited. And waited. And waited. Checked with the hostess several times and were told it would be 20 more minutes each time. TWO HOURS later, we were seated...not served but just then seated. As we wound our way around to out table, we noticed the place was packed with children. It was just like a Chucky Cheese restaurant and just as noisy. The food came in a timely manner and was good but not good enough to wait over 2 hours for it. The server did a great job. The drinks and appetizer were better at the bar. The games were fun for everyone but your power card points go quickly and it ends up being a little pricey. If we go again, we'll skip the meal and just have a drink at the bar and maybe something quick to munch on. I give the service a Very Good rating because of the bartenders and the server, not the hostess stand's management of their customers.

• Visited February 2013
Tavares, Florida
“food”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 24, 2013

I was really surprised at the prices and also asked for my daughters mild shake in a to go cup and we were told they dont have them?

• Visited January 2013
Green Bay, WI
“Deceptive Advertising”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 3, 2012

We had been to this Dave & Busters one other time. We knew the games were expensive and the food "chain typical" but our son enjoys it and we were on vacation, so we went again.

Service: Good. Since it was quiet there, the server checked on us almost too often.
Food: Ok. Nothing special. What you'd find at an Applebees or a TGI Fridays.
Games: Good variety, but very expensive. Our $25 game card last all of 15 minutes. Got enough tickets for my son to get some cheap stuff to take home.

The problem came with the beer. They have big signs everywhere that say "Happy Hour 4-7. Late Night Happy Hour 10-close. $2.50 domestic pints"

I ordered Blue Moon, which is listed on the menu in the same spot as Miller & Bud. Domestic means made in the USA, which Blue Moon is. Got the bill, got charged full price. Asked the server. She said the $2.50 price only applies after 10. That Blue Moon is not considered a domestic beer until 10pm. What? The manager couldn't be bothered to come talk to us.

Not that the $7.50 difference killed me, but the puprposely deceptive advertising will keep us from going back again. Manager there wouldn't come talk to me. Dave & Busters does not have an email address on their website. My choices are to call and sit on hold or to snail mail them. Or just to not go back.

Be warned!

• Visited November 2012

Been to Dave & Busters? Share your experiences!