“Great sushi place!”

Ginza Japanese Restaurant
Ranked #25 of 97 Restaurants in Wauwatosa
Cuisines: Japanese, Sushi, Asian
Good for: Families with children
Description: We ate there the other day. Was excellent & would like to add a review, since it is a bit out of the way & hope it stays open! Website should give you everything you need to know.
New Berlin, Wisconsin
“Great sushi place!”
Reviewed August 30, 2013

This is one of my "go-to" sushi places in town, though I don't frequent it as much as Fujiyama due to higher prices. They put out a Groupon fairly often & I always buy one & visit. Fish has always been fresh in the sushi rolls and they have some tasty specialty selections (especially w/ the white tuna). Atmosphere is a bit more upscale. Sometimes the wait for food can be longer than expected.

• Visited May 2013

Milwaukee, WI
“Wide variety. Good value.”
Reviewed June 30, 2013 via mobile

Went for dinner. Casual. Good service. Would go back. Large portions. Don't forget to look for groupon

• Visited June 2013
Brookfield, Wisconsin, United States
“Decent food, very slow lunch service”
Reviewed June 18, 2013

I've been to Ginza many times, mostly for lunch, and a few times for dinner. I will say right off the bat that if you are in a hurry, this is not the place to go. Every time I've gone there for lunch, I've regretted it as the whole experience takes nearly 2 hours, even when it is not busy.

I went today, and the service was exceptionally slow, despite only 4 other diners being in the restaurant. Once our food was finally served, we still hadn't received utensils, and we had to remind our waiter to bring us some utensils.

The food is good, but not remarkable. I probably won't be going to Ginza ever again over my lunch break, as I never make it back to work in a timely fashion.

• Visited June 2013
Milwaukee, Wisconsin
“Great Sushi, but on the expensive side”
Reviewed May 28, 2013

I love sushi and have been to Japan. Their sushi is top notch and very fresh. My only complaint it is very expensive unless you have a Groupon or something similar.

Visited October 2012
Washington DC, District of Columbia
“A Favorite”
Reviewed March 3, 2013

We eat here every time we come to Milwaukee. While the service may lack finesse, it is quick and the sushi is very good. We also like the calamari. I'm partial to the special hurricane roll and always order that. My husband thinks the sashimi is excellent.. It's a casual place with a steady business and you can carry on a conversation.

• Visited February 2013