“Birthday Visit”

Maggiano's Little Italy
Reserve with OpenTable
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #7 of 106 Restaurants in Wauwatosa
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Delivery, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Description: Welcome to Maggiano’s first restaurant in Wisconsin! We are located at 2500 N. Mayfair Road, at Mayfair Mall in Wauwatosa (just outside of Milwaukee). Our 250-seat dining room is ideal for group meals, festive gatherings and romantic lunches or dinners for two. Maggiano’s specializes in serving lavish portions of authentic Italian-American cuisine served family style. Our menu is large and varied, offering a great selection of homemade pastas, signature salads, prime steaks, fresh fish & memorable desserts. Come visit us and allow Maggiano's the opportunity to serve you some of the best Italian-American food you have ever tasted.
Reviewed October 8, 2017 via mobile

We went here to celebrate our son’s 40th birthday. The food was outstanding. My wife and I had the pasta special. It comes with a side salad for each of us and one desert to share for $43.95. That alone is a great deal, but we also got two pasta dishes to take home. Our son had pasta with mushroom which he loved. I had the lasagna and my wife had the eggplant parmigiana which was made perfectly. Our Daughter in Law just had soup that she enjoyed. The service was good. Perfect spot for a great Italian meal.

Reviewed September 21, 2017 via mobile

If you enjoy eating in a relaxed, quiet restaurant with excellent service and a family friendly atmosphere, you want to go to Maggiano's. Most of the time, that's what you will find there. However, on a busy night, it can be too crowded and noisy. Just get the food and go home in that case because you won't want to miss out on the delicious Italian cuisine.

Reviewed September 6, 2017

The wait staff were very friendly. The food was ok, we did the family style, just a note, if you go family style everyone at the table is charged including kids, even if they don't eat anything. The best was the salads and desserts, the main not so much, the chicken was good, the rest was average, the shrimp scampi had no taste. The apple desert was outstanding. If you go, and are with a group, the area with the low ceiling is horrible, we couldn't hear each other even tho we were sitting across from each other. If you are looking for real Italian food this may not be the place. Not a good one for kids say 10 and under, we ordered the pizza on the kids menu, it was dry and didn't have any taste.

Reviewed August 16, 2017 via mobile

Celebrated both of my kids birthdays with the grandparents. Both kiddos received lemon cookies and a scoop of ice cream. Chicken Francese "lighter" option with pasta instead of potatoes was delicious, although it could have used more pasta. Lots of kids menu choices and both my children devoured their entire meal. The Chocolate Brownie dessert is one of the best desserts I've had anywhere!!

Reviewed July 30, 2017

Unfortunately the food was not up to par. The service was great, the atmosphere pleasant, but both of these could not make up for the food. I picked this restaurant because I wanted Eggplant Parmesan and for years this restaurant had one of the best in the area, even better than some of the local Italian restaurants. I was so disappointed. We did have the Maggiano's Salad which was good, as was the bread. My dish arrived with the bottom of the eggplant burned. l sent the dish back to the kitchen, it came back with the bottom taken off, and less pasta than i sent back. (It still had a burnt taste) I considered sending it back again, but didn't want to wait another 10 minutes for my food. My dining companion had the Chicken Caprese Salad and said it wasn't worth the price (which was reasonable). The Eggplant Parmesan was on the "On the house Menu" which gives you an entree to take home. I took the Eggplant home and it was almost inedible. The spaghetti Pomodoro was tasty but I wanted Eggplant Parmesan. As we left the restaurant my dining companions took this place off their list as places they would go to again.
There were not very many people having lunch here, a sure sign that the place has fallen out of favor with the Milwaukee diners.

Been to Maggiano's Little Italy? Share your experiences!