“For a chain restaurant very nicely done”

Maggiano's Little Italy
Reserve with OpenTable
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #7 of 100 Restaurants in Wauwatosa
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Delivery, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Description: Welcome to Maggiano’s first restaurant in Wisconsin! We are located at 2500 N. Mayfair Road, at Mayfair Mall in Wauwatosa (just outside of Milwaukee). Our 250-seat dining room is ideal for group meals, festive gatherings and romantic lunches or dinners for two. Maggiano’s specializes in serving lavish portions of authentic Italian-American cuisine served family style. Our menu is large and varied, offering a great selection of homemade pastas, signature salads, prime steaks, fresh fish & memorable desserts. Come visit us and allow Maggiano's the opportunity to serve you some of the best Italian-American food you have ever tasted.
Reviewed May 29, 2013

Normally I try to avoid chain restaurants and go with family owned operations. We had a graduation lunch on Sunday here for 14 people, and I have to say they did a very nice job.
From the time we walked in the front door, we were greeted right away and shown the room we had reserved. Everything was on time and waiting for us. Large room with it's own bar, restroom right outside of the room, large double doors closed it off from other noise.
We had app. that were served family style, mozz. with red sause, stuffed mushrooms both fresh and hot, plenty of food if anything too much.
For dinner, we had lasanga, chicken parm. & raziolli, all were very good and served family style.
The servers were excellent, some of the best trained people I have seen in a chain, they were on top of every detail, no matter how small. I would have expected this in a higher priced place, such as Ruth's Chris or a Morton's of Chicago. They had 14 people to wait on, every person commented on the service. This to me is very impotant as good service is like a thing of the past in some places.
I would look forward to going back here, based upon the main dining room I believe that reservations would be a must. It was very clean and organized, seem to have thier act together through out the entire place.
We heard others as we were walking out saying how much they enjoyed it also.
As the menu was pre selected for our group I did not see a menu, so I do not know the prices.
Hope others enjoy this place. It is in Mayfair Mall, and traffic is a pain in a&%, construction all over the place that way in the city, can be frustrating.

Reviewed May 15, 2013

We needed to eat early and found the restaurant surprisingly occupied with staff attentive and energetic. What the real kick was the quantity of food served. We are basic stuff kind of diners and it was all gosh darn good, but wow we could've fed 3 more folks! Instead we took it all home and now look forward to leftovers.

Reviewed May 12, 2013

It can be loud, and reservations are recommended. But the food is good, and there are deals to be had. The classic pasta deal (one today, take another - even a different one - for tomorrow is great); for me, that's 3-4 meals... It's at least 2 for guys. The meal for 2 deal is also of note - $40 for an appetizer or two salads, two entrees (including classic pastas with the BOGO deal) and one dessert. Better food tha Olive Garden IMO, ditto on service levels.

Reviewed May 7, 2013

Overcooked salmon for $20.00, salty eggplant parmesan, dried out chicken special with grape tomatoes. Apple crisp had two apples and all crust. Very noisy inside.

Reviewed April 25, 2013

Last Friday we visited Maggiano's....It was my first time, the other three in our party had all been there before. Arrived 5pm and because we had reservations, we were seated right away. The waitress asked us right away if anyone had any special food requirements or allergies - and since two of us eat Gluten free, the chef actually came out and asked us about it to make sure we chose items that were able to be prepared GF. I also saw him talk with another group who had egg and corn allergies and helped them know what items to choose or not so that they could avoid these items. Very nice touch and attention to detail!

We ordered a variety of dishes - unfortunately, 3 out of 4 arrived cold (It seemed that it took quite awhile to get our food and the waitress stopped twice and said she would check on our order.) The food had good flavor, but nothing tastes great when it's supposed to be served warm.

The one who ordered Chicken Parmesan was thrilled though--his was nice and hot and the chicken was so tender it really didn't even need a knife to cut. Definitely would get this if we go there again. Another ordered the Shrimp Scami and said it was good (Other than the temp) and one ordered the lasagna which he said tasted good (other than the temp). I sampled the lasagna and found the sauce to have a bit of a smoky spice to it rather than the traditional red sauce flavor.

I ordered something (can't remember the name of it--Tuscan... It was on the specials menu.) that was 4 chunks of beef and mushrooms with asparagas and mashed potatoes. I could tell it would have been good-had it been served fresh and hot. It re-heated well though the next day, but it was just a little disappointing to go out for dinner and not get hot food.

However--I have to say that Maggiano's really made it right. A manager came to our table and we were polite and let him know that it was cold--he offered to have it remade, but we didn't want to wait that long. So, he gave us our dinners complimentary and we ordered dessert.

Dessert was wonderful!! I tried the Apple Crostada and it was so wonderful!! {Granny Smith apples baked in a pastry crust dipped in cream and crystallized sugar. Served with caramel sauce and a scoop of vanilla bean ice cream.} And the portion was huge! Easily could have satisfied 2 people. My husband ordered the Chocolate Zuccato Cake and that was a vision and delight as well! {Chocolate cake layered with sambuca chocolate mousse, iced with chocolate frosting and dusted with cocoa powder}

Dessert was a huge success!

Over all--I would give Maggiano's a try again. With the amount of customers in the restaurant and those waiting to get in, I'm sure that our experience with cold food was an anomoly. The atmosphere was warm and inviting, the service was great, and the restaurant staff truly seemed to care that you had a good experience.

If it had been a perfect experience--I would have done 5 stars!

Been to Maggiano's Little Italy? Share your experiences!