“Nice Front Desk Staff. They seemed nice and concerned.” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Extended Stay America - Milwaukee - Wauwatosa

Extended Stay America - Milwaukee - Wauwatosa
Ranked #5 of 5 Hotels in Wauwatosa
Milwaukee, Wisconsin
“Nice Front Desk Staff. They seemed nice and concerned.”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 18, 2013

I am on an extremely tight budget for travel expenses. The value is great. The room and hallway smells bad of smoke and other odors. My room was dirty and smelly. The walls in my room are disgusting. The bathroom was dirty. I had to ask for spray cleaner to clean the door to my room inside and out, the counters, the desk, the table. the desk chair and the cushioned chair are stained and dirty. My TV is full of fingerprints. But all in all a cheap room with a good bed to sleep in.

It is noisy.

I did request no room service and someone entered my room anyway today. Lets see what else the rest of the week brings me.

If I had a choice. I wouldn't be staying here. I did mention my budget is tight.

Room Tip: No pool, no fitness center.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
    • 4 of 5 stars
MackenzieChicago, Manager at Extended Stay America - Milwaukee - Wauwatosa, responded to this review, March 29, 2013
I apologize for the inconvieniences you have experienced. I am truly sorry. I hope the rest of your stay was more pleasurable.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (18)
Westport, Wisconsin, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 23, 2013

Perfectly adequate room, great for the price, great location right near Mayfair Mall. I'll be sure to stay there again, even if my business is in downtown Milwaukee. Only minor downside is that noise finds its way in from the hallway, but fortunately there's unlikely to be much of that.

• 5 of 5 stars
Thanks for the positive comments about the hotel and location. We are very convenient to downtown Milwaukee without paying the prices. I apologize for the noice you experienced, I am glad that won't deter you from trying us again.
Oswego, Illinois
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 14, 2013

Hotel was a little dreary in the past BUT has made a few giant steps up. Bedding has been changed & upgraded much more comfortable now! Also grab & go breakfast with oatmeal, fruit, breakfast bars & COFFEE has been added! Very nice & convenient. Just should have coffee available all day long.

Room Tip: Try to get a room away from highway but with heat or AC on drowns out the vehicles!
    • 5 of 5 stars
Thank you for your comments about the Grab and Go breakfast and the room upgrades. We are so happy with the feedback we have been getting.
Sun Prairie, Wisconsin
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 13, 2013

The first room I was given had a horrible odor that made me nauseous. When I complained they not only gave me a different room they helped me move.my belongings. The staff were always friendly and helpful.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Pine River, Wi
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 12, 2013

I have stayed at this location at least 40 times in the last 3 years the staff is very good and the rooms have been redone through out the three years with new carpeting, furniture and drapes
the parking lot is plowed several times during a snowstorm the hallways are kept clean

• 5 of 5 stars
Thank you for letting us know you were happy with the recent renovations we did to the hotel. We really appreciate it. We hope to see you again in the near future.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 12, 2013

Over the past few months, I have seen some major improvements and it's really nice to see. Between the more comfortable beds, flat screen tvs, recliners, and upgrades throughout the hotel, it gives the hotel a fresh new look.

• Stayed February 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars
Thank you for noticing and commenting on our recent improvements! I hope you were able to enjoy our newly added Grab and Go breakfast as well. We appreciate you taking them time to let us know about your stay.
milwaukee
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 11, 2012

I can't say enough good things about the staff at this hotel. I have a health condition and they have been totally amazing, very kind and understanding. That makes such a difference! The hotel was recently remodeled and looks good, and it's so convenient to all parts of Milwaukee. I couldn't hear any noise from other rooms, and it's located off the main avenue so it felt a bit more quiet and private. I think some previous reviews might date from before the hotel changed hands and updated itself. A great value.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 stars
MackenzieChicago, Manager at Extended Stay America - Milwaukee - Wauwatosa, responded to this review, November 29, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to let us know about the positive changes in the hotel over the last year. We really appreciate that you enjoyed the accomodations, were comfortable, and was happy with our staff! We recently received a new bedding package and flat screen televisions to make the experience at the hotel more pleasurable. We look forward to seeing you the next time you are in the area.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Wauwatosa
Radisson Hotel Milwaukee West
Crowne Plaza Milwaukee West Hotel
Forty Winks Inn
Forty Winks Inn
#4 of 5 in Wauwatosa
4.0 of 5 stars 28 reviews
Hampton Inn & Suites Milwaukee West
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Milwaukee West (Brookfield)
Days Inn West Allis/Milwaukee

Been to Extended Stay America - Milwaukee - Wauwatosa? Share your experiences!