“Noisy”

Ranked #2 of 105 Restaurants in Wauwatosa
Cuisines: French
Good for: Romantic, Special occasions
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Le Reve is a classic French bistro in the heart of the village of Wauwatosa. Le Reve offers breakfast, lunch, and dinner along with a beautiful display of traditional French pastries.
Reviewed October 16, 2012

but good variety, fast service, great wines and the desserts are awesome! Next time I would go for dessert and wine just because i'm a dessert freak.

Reviewed October 14, 2012

This restaurant offers great daily specials and is a great plce to visit for a lunch with a girlfiend or a dinner with friends. the staff is very helpful & always attentive to your needs.

Reviewed September 23, 2012

I have been to Le Reve for lunch and dinner several times over a number of years, and have consistently enjoyed the atmosphere, food, and service. This is a casual bistro, not an elegant french restaurant like Antoine's in New Orleans. But you may hear a recording of Sidney Bechet playing his sax in the background, a nice touch from my point of view. I decided to introduce my significant other to yet another fine Milwaukee area restaurant yesterday. The lamb loin was delicious, we agreed. Our only complaint is minor. We were not asked if we wanted bread with our meal, and I think most people would agree that it was needed with that particular dish. We were served with a tasty baguette for a nominal charge when we requested it. By the way, Le Reve can be crowded(the tables are close together) and certainly noisy...so don't expect a quiet, romantic dinner(especially if near a large group upstairs). Expect to spend $80-100 for two entrees and 2-3 drinks including gratuity.

Reviewed September 3, 2012

I was in Milwaukee on business and a friend recommended Le Reve. It was delightful! Sat outside and had the scallops with nice glass of wine. For a small person like me, it was just the right portion (smaller) not these hugh portions. And very good! Great place if you like French Bistros.

Reviewed August 24, 2012

This is the second time that we came here. The first time was in May 2012 but just for dessert and the bartender who served our dessert wasn't at all friendly. We decided to try a full meal in July 2012. We only found out about this place because it was across the street from Bartollata's. Most of the dining is on the second level. Service was very good this time but I don't think our waitress likely walking up and down the stairs? This place is small but the atmosphere is good. We ordered: french bellini, french onion soup, crouque madame, filet de boeuf, napleon, and french macarons. The food was good overall but I've had better. The cost was $55.00. I guess I would come back here again since the food is good (not great) and if I was in the area looking for a restaurant.

1  Thank vacacritic