“Brie heaven”

Ranked #1 of 99 Restaurants in Wauwatosa
Cuisines: French
Good for: Special occasions, Romantic
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Description: Le Reve is a classic French bistro in the heart of the village of Wauwatosa. Le Reve offers breakfast, lunch, and dinner along with a beautiful display of traditional French pastries.
Reviewed July 9, 2012

They serve brie that's warm, drizzled with honey and sprinkled with a little fresh cracked pepper. Absolutely addictive. I also had a bowl of mussels that were delicious. The building was a bank about 100 years ago. Charming atmosphere and friendly service. Can't wait to go back.

There are newer reviews for Le Reve Patisserie & Cafe

Reviewed July 2, 2012

My wife and I live in Tosa, and LOVE Le Reve. We often find ourselves there on a Saturday morning, enjoying Crousants and delicious coffee. We had heard fantastic things about dinner, so we decided to try it.
We visited on our 4th wedding anniversary at 8:00pm on a Wednesday. The restaurant was 50% full, and fully staffed.
Upon reaching our table, we waited approx 12-15 minutes before we were approached, and before our water glasses were filled.
We ordered 2 appetizers Which were fantastic and prompt.... however our wine which we initially ordered did not arrive until half way through the app. The Seafood crepes were to die for. For Dinner, I ordered the bone-in ribeye and my wife ordered the daily special "Halbut" which was highly suggested by the server.
About 15 minutes after our app plates had been cleared (about when we were anticiapting out entree) the server informed us that they were out of the special. (Why the delay)
My wife chose to order her original backup of scallops. Honestly, within 5 minutes, our order was up. Upon serving our main course, our server asked if we would like a wine refill and we agreed. Unfortunately, It became clear that my steak had been fully prepared by the time we were notified that the special was "Out" and that they hastily made the scallops... as they were completely raw. I have eaten steak from fine restaurants accross the country... and I am telling you ... this was the single worse Ribeye, I have ever eaten. It was so thick with sinue (Not fat... I eat the fat on my steak) but the legamint/Sinue that is absolutely inedible. In addition... my steak was ice cold.
Long story short... this was absolutely not worth the $125.00 we spent... Go next door to Bartolottas, where you get a perfect product EVERY time.

1  Thank Joe L
Reviewed July 2, 2012

Cozy French Bistro atmosphere with authentic French pastries to die for. Like going back to Paris along the Left Bank.

Reviewed July 2, 2012

Very Good! New York styled Boutique Restaurant. Would highly recomend.

Reviewed June 28, 2012

Great french food with wonderful, beautiful desserts. Macaroons a bit too expensive for their size. Service was not that great on a Friday night. We were expecting slow service due to a full house but it was ridiculously slow. Hard to get our server's attention.