“Visit witha a Old Friend”
Review of ABV Social

ABV Social
Ranked #25 of 119 Restaurants in Wauwatosa
Description: Beer. Food. Sports. That's what we are all about at ABV Social. An eclectic sports bar featuring craft beer and distinctive, classic American food.
Reviewed September 26, 2018

This was the first time I have been to this place. I was meeting a friend that I used to work with after not seeing him in almost 20years. The ABV has a nice look to it from the inside. It has a nice outdoor seating area with bean bag games to play if you want. The day I was there it was only in the low 70's so we sat inside. They have a nice menu and a very good selection of beers to choose from. I had the fish Taco's, which were good but I forgot to ask for Hot sauce. This seems like I nice place for a social gathering. I would try it again for sure!

Date of visit: September 2018

Reviewed September 3, 2018 via mobile

On rainy afternoon we had the good fortune to discover ABV Social in Wauwatosa, WI. This sports bar with its appealing industrial decor provided spacious indoor seating and more than ample outdoor covered seating.

I ordered a draft beer flight and “The Reuben” burger topped with corned beef, kraut, melted Swiss, burger sauce and a side of fries. The burger was actually topped with a layer of corned beef and was satisfyingly delicious!

Service was excellent. Prices reasonable. Atmosphere enjoyable.

Date of visit: September 2018
Reviewed August 10, 2018 via mobile

So we had a problem with a very intoxicated and overly friendly person at the next table. When Dominic the manager became of aware of the problem he and another manager took care of the problem right away and without making a scene. Classy move number 1. Classy move number 2 was when he came back and apologized profusely.
The rest of the service by Joe was also very good. On top of all that the the burgers we had were definitely top 5.
Overall this could have been a really bad experience but the team here was outstanding and made this a good dinner.
Thanks guys. We will return!!

Date of visit: August 2018
Reviewed July 23, 2018 via mobile

50 minutes that is how long we waited to get our drinks and take our order. It was a Friday night we were seated right away. But that was really one of the few things good about our experience at this restaurant. They did have live music and that was decent. The food did come out in a timely manner but our order was wrong. When my husband finally flag down our waitress she gave the excuse that we knew was not true. By the time his order was complete he had a quarter left of his meal. The food was average typical bar food. It took us almost 2 hours from start to finish to end our meal punishment. I would rather drive a half hour then have to go back and have dinner or lunch here. The service was some of the worst I've ever had and I've traveled all over the United States.

Date of visit: July 2018
Reviewed May 23, 2018

Spacious building, great location with tons of free parking close to a great outdoor mall and grocery store. Our server was great. The food was good, although not memorable. This is definitely a sports bar with TVs everywhere and a large bar. Booths on the north side of the restaurant are interestingly too tall to touch your feet (I'm 6'); uncomfortable by the end of a dinner catching up with a girlfriend.

Date of visit: April 2018