Radisson Hotel Milwaukee West
$93
HIExpress.com
$146
$137
Forty Winks Inn(Wauwatosa)(Great Value!)
$86
Travelocity
$103
Hampton.com
Best Western Milwaukee West(Milwaukee)(Great Value!)
$96
$49
Ambassador Hotel(Milwaukee)(Great Value!)
$149
  • Restaurant
All reviewsmiller parkiguana barroom service isonsite restaurantbaseball gamenice hoteleasy accessstay there againone night staywould highly recommend this hotelcomplimentary breakfasta great staybusiness travelershort driveper nightbusiness tripclean rooms
Reviewed January 11, 2009

I live in the boonies and occasionally need a dose of the city for movies and fine dining. This hotel is across the street from Mayfair Mall--a decent mall in Milwaukee. It's predominately a business hotel during the week. On the weekends, rates are lower and there is a mix of families and travellers. Rooms are upgraded and clean. Good bedding: sleep number bed. Bathrooms are small but typical of a 2o yr old hotel. On the weekend all types of folks populate this place: Pool is decent size but as usual populated by screaming kids and oblivious parents. Despite the no eating sign, a rather large young lady was munching on chicken wings while her 4 kids wreaked havoc at the pool. While in the lobby, classlessness continues with 2 women barefoot carrying an ice bucket and a large sunny D container--obviously in search of vodka or another winter warming beverage. This is not the hotel's fault but be prepared when you give rooms away on the weekend for 50 percent off the rack rate. No staff around and certainly no manners anywhere to be seen. Hotel has covered parking for free--a plus in the Wisconsin winter. Decent bar and dining venue. The hotel is across the street from a movie theater, Cheesecake factory, PF Changs, Maggianos, McCormick and Schmick, Applebees--you will not starve at this location. I'd stay here again. Expect clean, comfortable and good location. Don't expect upscale and fancy.

• Stayed: January 2009, traveled on business
1  Thank WaupacaTraveller
Reviewed December 20, 2008

I have stayed here on business to Wauwatosa 3 times since 2006, and the quality has been consistent. Most recently in May 2008, the breakfast was delivered exactly on time and as ordered both mornings. The restaurant/bar in the lobby is above average, and the staff was kind enough to loan me some silverware for my carry-out one night. The mall across the street has many dining options, and highway access is pretty simple.
Overall a great stay, although I was not too concerned with rates as it was on the company tab. Definitely worth a modest price increase from standard hotels for the guaranteed quality however.

• Stayed: May 2008, traveled on business
1  Thank Bworm21
Reviewed May 13, 2008

Clean comfortable room, excellent room service. made a business trip much nicer. Van drivers were top notch, they took me to the Harley Factory Tour and picked me up when I was done.

if I'm ever in Milwaukee again, I'll be back.

• Stayed: April 2007, traveled on business
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1  Thank Contactpci
Reviewed April 3, 2007

I used TripAdvisor to make our hotel selection for a quick family trip to Milwaukee and we really enjoyed this hotel. I have to admit, I questioned my decision having read the previous posting about the outdated lobby and "greenish" pool and I'm wondering if we stayed at the same establishment? Anyhow, we found the lobby to be very welcoming and the personnel at this hotel really went out of their way to make you feel welcome and engage you. Our boys (8 & 5) spent hours in the pool and couldn't have enjoyed themselves more. The hotel and it's rooms were extremely clean as well.

The hotel is very close to the zoo and, as previously noted, right across the street from a very nice mall which includes AMC theaters and great restaurants.

While I think my children are getting past the age where we 'd do an overnight to accommodate a trip to the zoo, I wouldn't hesitate recommending this hotel to anyone. We booked a package that included zoo tickets and a free breakfast so, in doing the math, figured we spent about $100 for our room. Great deal, great hotel!

• Stayed: April 2007, traveled with family
1  Thank DRGWAGMOM
Reviewed March 16, 2007

I suppose a hotel's quality is relative - in cities the competition and number of guests are high. In the Milwaukee suburbs, this number is much lower and so, on the last standard, this place is quite nice. On an overall scale, it's an average hotel with some above average qualities.

First the bad: this place smelled old, the public areas and halls are in a need for a face lift (mid 90s was probably the last time) and the front desk was confused about several things (although this was made up for their desire to set things right or check into things and get back to me). They don't have a "business center" but only a computer in the lobby with a printer - although given the amount/type of traveller's they get, it should be sufficient. Also, no minibar in the room (the executive does have a fridge) and room service is only available until 10pm. After that, you'll have to go across the street to the Walgreen's, order in or the vending machine in the gym will have to be enough.

The OK: food was very average - ok but not great. I didn't try the pool. The business facilities (ie meeting rooms) were also fine (nothing more).

The room. This was the good. It was not big but it was clean. Very clean. The housekeeping staff did a great job keeping it that way too. I had one of their Sleep Number beds - it was quite comfortable but in the end I had a feeling I was sleeping on a fancy aerobed! Still, it was comfortable. I stayed on the Executive Level - which isn't too different from the other levels other than you need a card to get up there and they have robes/slippers in the room for you (nice touch). The bathroom was tiny, as I had to move my position and close the door if i wanted to walk from the sink to the tub and/or toilet. You couldn't do it otherwise. The tub was ok, clean enough. The sink was really sparkling.

I didn't try their pool - although it was a nasty greenish color. They don't have a major gym but it's got a few machines so if you require some aerobic activity, you can find your way.

All in all, it was good. As I stayed on business, I think the rate was slightly less than normal (about 108/night). For that amount, it was really a value for money. It's clean and it has all the minimum requirements one needs. And that is usually enough for a shorter stay.

Stayed: March 2007