“Just fine” 4 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #2 of 5 Hotels in Wauwatosa
Jakarta, Indonesia
“Just fine”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 5, 2014 via mobile

Stayed one night. Good location close to interstate and Mayfair mall. Check in was friendly and reasonably fast. They got our request for connecting rooms and made it happen. Rooms were large and modern and beds were VERY comfortable. Free wifi and lots of cable channels.

Gym has all off brand equipment but it was ok. 3 treadmills, 2 ellipticals and 2 bikes plus some machines. There is a small pool. Not big enough for laps.

Breakfast was included in the rate we chose and was from the menu in the restaurant. It was excellent.

Free parking as well, with some covered spaces.

Compared to nearby HI express this is better, but 5 stars for me gets reserved for places like Taj Palace and Shangri La, so 4 stars is high praise.

Stayed January 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank j889814672
Nathaniel M, Front Office Manager at Radisson Hotel Milwaukee West, responded to this review, January 15, 2014
Your travelers profile indicates that you are very well versed traveler, so I'm very happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay and our establishment met your expectations. I'm also pleased that you thought our breakfast was excellent. I'll be sure to mention your comments to our 1st shift kitchen staff. Thank you once again for reviewing our hotel, and we hope that the next time you make your way into the Milwaukee area you stay with us again!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (26)
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 1, 2014 via mobile

This hotel is adequate. It will not fit the bill as a plush getaway. It is located near train tracks & a busy intersection. It is located near a hospital & shopping.
The lobby & elevators were well maintained. Staff was helpful.

• Stayed November 2013
      Cleanliness
Nathaniel M, Front Office Manager at Radisson Hotel Milwaukee West, responded to this review, January 4, 2014
Thank you for staying with us here at the Radisson Hotel Milwaukee West, and for taking the time to review our hotel. We appreciate your business and are happy to hear that you found our staff to be helpful. We hope to see you again soon the next time you visit Milwaukee!
Los Angeles, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 18, 2013

My partner and I recently spent 18 nights at the Radisson while celebrating my birthday and early holidays with our families. On first impression, the lobby was quite nice and all the personnel were extremely friendly and helpful. I especially want to mention Pat Johnson who went well beyond what was expected from a reservation manager.The location is excellent, across from a good-sized mall with many various types of restaurants throughout the area. The hotel also has a fairly nice restaurant and quite a nice bar directly attached. The rooms are OK but could use some updating. There is a nice desk and chair with enough outlets to plug in all our electronics. The beds were pretty comfortable and the bedding was wonderful. The bathroom is very small but the shower was strong and the towels were thick and soft. The bath amenities were also good. It would be a more comfortable room if there would at least be an ottoman so a person could lift up her/his legs when relaxing in the room. There was a refrigerator and we were given a microwave when we asked for it.

There is a large, clean pool which was warm enough for some and somewhat cool for others. I did not go into the pool. The outdoor temperature was much too cold for me to even think of it although the temperature in the pool area was warm enough. I did, however, miss a whirlpool. For this, I would have ventured into my bathing suit. I also noticed that it would be impossible for a handicapped person to go into the pool area, although I am not handicapped. There are three or four steps down to the pool with not even a handrail, never mind a ramp for a wheel chair. I travel quite a bit and I noticed that there was no lift to lower or raise a person into the pool. I haven't seen that for years, since the ADA took effect and I wonder how the hotel could bypass this requirement. Since it was very cold and it snowed a little, we were very pleased that we had covered parking directly connected to the hotel so we didn't have to walk into the below zero wind chill.

We did have some problems with the cleaning crew. During the week, they were great. If I left a note because I needed something, they provided it. The problem came on two Sundays. The first Sunday we were gone all day and didn't get back until well after dinner. Our room had not been cleaned. I called the front desk and they told me that housekeeping had said that the Do Not Disturb sign was on our door. It was not. Apparently, someone wanted to go home early. The manager on call came to give us clean towels but still asserted that our sign was on the door. I told Pat Johnson the next day and she apologized profusely. The following Sunday the same thing happened but we had come back earlier and some cleaning help was still in the building. The excuse we got was that there were many stay-overs and they didn't have time to get to our room. That was said by the head of housekeeping. If they don't have enough help to clean all the rooms on a Sunday, they need to hire more people. On Monday I talked to Pat and she was very distressed and said it would be taken up with the management. When we left, we found that she had taken the room charge for one day off the bill.

My sister and her friend were also staying at the hotel and we had adjoining rooms. All this was arranged in advance with Pat and it was perfect. However, the first day we were there, they noticed a leak in their bathroom. It was looked at by a couple of people and someone tried to fix it to no avail. Pat offered to change their room but they wanted to stay near us so Pat gave them some comp cards for the restaurant and bar. She also comped them one night's room stay. We were staying there 18 days and they were staying 10. Pat was most accommodating and because of her, we would return without hesitation.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Nathaniel M, Front Office Manager at Radisson Hotel Milwaukee West, responded to this review, December 23, 2013
Dear Joanne,

Thank you for taking the time to write out an extremely thorough review of our hotel. Your feedback is truly valuable to us and I am thrilled to hear that your overall stay was pleasant. I have shared your kind words with our reservations manager, Pat Johnson, and she was happy to have you mention her by name. The next time your travels bring you back to Milwaukee we hope to see you again!

Nathaniel Martin
Front Office Manager
Wisconsin Rapids, Wisconsin
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 11, 2013 via mobile

Check in was pleasant, and was upgraded to seventh floor. A little outdated, and very small bathroom, but clean. Beds were hard, but pillows were soft. Now, if you enjoy a train running past your room all night long, than this is the place for you, very loud!

Stayed December 2013, traveled on business
CarlsonRezidor, Corporate at Radisson Hotel Milwaukee West, responded to this review, December 15, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to reach out to us. We understand how important a quiet environment is and apologize the train passing did interrupt your stay and that our facilities did not meet your expectations. Your feedback helps us improve our service and product.. We hope you will give us another chance if you are in the area again.
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 1, 2013

We stayed here over Thanksgiving because family live nearby. Staff were friendly and helpful. The hotel is surrounded by concrete, hard by the intersection of two major four-lane highways. Not very walkable, though the nice Mayfair Mail is just across the highway. The swimming pool was great for our small grandchildren to play in, but there is no hot tub. The room was fine except it lacked outlets for our electronics. I moved a nightstand and unplugged a lamp to charge my tablet.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
Michigan
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 21, 2013

My wife and I have stayed here twice while visiting Froedtert hospital with our last visit being June of 2013. The rooms were clean, comfortable, and we'll appointed. Each time our room had a king sleep number bed that was very comfortable. In our experience hotel pillows are usually horrible but this place is the rare exception.

The staff was always friendly and helpful but we are not high maintenance people. We had drinks from the bar once and they were well mixed.

Right next to the Mayfair Mall and a short drive to the Brookfield Mall this hotel is well located for shopping and eating variety.

We would stay here again.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank A62chv
Green Bay, Wisconsin
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 30, 2013

The staff at this hotel is probably the best I have ever encountered at a hotel anywhere. I was here to visit family in the area, and the staff took time to really connect on a personal level, yet still remaining very professional. I wanted to let a manager personally know my experience and talked with Brian, the front desk manager. He was professional, sincere and should be proud of his staff.

The rooms are extremely clean and very quiet. We never ate in the restaurant but it was very busy which made me assume that was good as well. The ONLY complaint I have about this hotel, which did not affect my stay very much were the front doors. They are very heavy and hard to open. I would come back to this hotel again in a heartbeat and will stay here when I travel again to Milwaukee.

Room Tip: We had a king room on the 8th floor (concierge level) which was very quiet. It also came with breakf...