“Best Hotel Stay We've Had in a LONG Time!”

Radisson Hotel Milwaukee West
Ranked #2 of 5 Hotels in Wauwatosa
Lomira, Wisconsin
“Best Hotel Stay We've Had in a LONG Time!”
Reviewed May 27, 2012

My boyfriend and I were going to a Nickelback concert at the Bradley Center with two of our friends. We were debating if we wanted to get a hotel or not when my friend found a deal on the My Milwaukee Perks website. We each paid $59 for a voucher and then called to make our reservations. With the voucher we got a room, (choice between two queen beds and one king bed) a $40 voucher for their bar/restaurant and free breakfast the next morning.

When we arrived at the hotel on Friday to check in, we were running late for the concert. The man working at the counter was very friendly and got us checked in very quickly. We had a great time at the concert and came back to the hotel to use the food/beverage vouchers. We were hungry and ordered two pizzas (which were buy one get one free) and they were excellent! We had the "Jimmy's Special" and the "Island" pizza. Delicious! The bartendars on staff were fun and we had a great time.

We headed to bed and were excited to be trying a Sleep Number Bed, however we were quite tired at this point and didn't really get it set right. My boyfriend and I slept OK but our friends said they slept GREAT. (They obviously got their numbers figured out.) Our room was right next to the elevator and we were concerned it would be noisy as we had stayed at other hotels and been disturbed by such. However, we never once heard the elevator or anyone in the hall for that matter.

The next morning we went down to the restaurant for breakfast with our FREE breakfast coupons. I had two eggs, sausage, an english muffin, a fresh fruit cup and coffee. My boyfriend had the same only with bacon and wheat toast. It was delicious! The fruit cup was rather large and included blueberries, strawberries, pineapple, cataloupe and honeydew melon. The rest of the food was hot and fresh and my boyfriend was even wondering if they baked their own bread because it tasted as if it were fresh from the bakery.

Overall we had a great time! We would ABSOLUTELY stay here again, with or without the great deal we had.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (28)
Chicago, IL
Reviewed May 20, 2012

I stayed one night while I was attending the National PTO Expo. The beds were very comfortable, great pool area and exercise room. I didn't eat at the restaurant, but the menu had a great selection. Its right near several restaurants, a Walgreens, and tons of shopping! I recommend it for anyone!

• Stayed April 2012, traveled on business
Wisconsin, United States
Reviewed May 8, 2012

We have stayed at this Radisson as a family and a couple numerous times; it's our go-to hotel for any stay in the Milwaukee area. The staff is amazing, there is plenty to do close by, and since we have our own Sleep Number bed at home, we don't miss a beat when it comes to rest. We're staying again this weekend, and I expect it will be more of the same. One of the best!

• Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed May 5, 2012

Thiis hotel, formerly a Sheraton, is recently remodeled and they did a great job. We love clean, new rooms. The location is great - right across the street from the mega Mayfair shopping center with easy access to expressways for getting around the greater Milwaukee area. Very helpful and friendly staff.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with family
Florida
Reviewed April 29, 2012

Nice hotel ,clean, comfortable. Staff is excellent very helpful. Restaurant is good. Good spot for a morning meeting when traveling for work. I am not a big fan of sleep number beds but it was fine. Love soft pillows. Meeting rooms for groups are very good.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled on business
Saint Paul, Minnesota
Reviewed March 14, 2012

I stayed at this property 3/6-12 and they are doing some nice updating to this hotel. First, most of the sleep number beds are being removed and standard beds are now being used. I found the beds to be quite comfortable although the pillows are extremely soft and offer no support. All rooms have flat screen TV's. They also offer free WIFI. The bathrooms are very small (they do offer a good amount of counter space). All bathrooms have a lighted make-up mirror which I found to be a nice amenity.

The restaurant/bar area has been completely redone and is now Jimmy's Island Grill & Iguana Bar. This bar has plenty of seating and the food was quite good. I recommend any of the wood-fire pizzas. Service can be a bit of a hit and miss (especially if you go for breakfast). I did have a breakfast skillet which I thought was very good.

The front desk staff is extremely friendly. They have shuttle service and are very willing to take shuttle guests (even to Mayfield Mall which is across the street but can be a challenge to walk to due to construction/traffic).

Overall, I would recommend this hotel.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled on business
Seattle
Reviewed March 4, 2012

Booked the room through our corporate travel department. Through a mixup, corporate travel then cancelled the reservation. On arrival the front desk staff said, 'no problem,' and reinstated the reservation in a flash. The room was roomy, clean, up-to-date: large flat screen TV, good WiFi, SleepNumber king size bed, like new bathroom. I didn't have a chance to try the pool or exercise room. I had to leave early in the morning and wish the restaurant opened earlier than 6:30am.

Room Tip: No problem on the 6th floor.