“nice hotel”

Radisson Hotel Milwaukee West
Ranked #2 of 6 Hotels in Wauwatosa
Reviewed September 11, 2011

Clean and nice hotel. First time I have stayed here and it was clean and staff was friendly. Would stay here again. Restaurant was also good for breakfast.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled on business
BPeterson2303, Manager at Radisson Hotel Milwaukee West, responded to this reviewResponded September 15, 2011

Thank you so much for staying with us and thank you for your comments! I hope that your good experience will bring you back in the future.

There are newer reviews for Radisson Hotel Milwaukee West

Reviewed August 15, 2011

If you've read my reviews, you know that I am particular about hotels. That being said, I like the Radisson, and most of it has to do with a front desk clerk who saved our weekend two years ago. Suffice it to say, we left a "boutique" hotel (that was being renovated) at 4:30 a.m. that had a broken t.v., no heat and after I had developed a rash from the bedding. The Radisson rescued our weekend.

While we were at the epicenter of disaster, we called every hotel downtown to ask if they had a room for the rest of the night and Saturday. Nobody had rooms - along with the baseball game, the Bucks were in town and there were about 87 beer and/or cheese conventions...at least by our count. We contemplated scrapping our weekend and driving back to Madison, but I was just way too tired to drive. So, at 5 a.m., two tired and grumpy people pull into the driveway of the Radisson and I send my husband in ask (beg) for a room.

According to my husband, the woman looked at my husband cheerfully and asked, "sure, would you like a queen or a king?" Oh my god, we have choices?! SOLD! He came running out with the news and I slammed the car into a parking spot.

So, in all of my hotel snobbery, I never thought much of the Radisson...until I was delirious with sleep and hives and facing a 90 minute drive in the rain. That might have clouded my judgement, but my husband and I have returned several times over the past couple of years, and here is why:

The bed at the Mayfair Radission is fantastic and the sheets are very high quality. In my opinion, this is the most important thing about a hotel room, and the Radisson has not cut corners on the bedding.

The location is fantastic if you are going to Miller Park. It is, literally, 5 minutes away and you can park in one of the neighborhoods and walk to the game. It is also close to a restaurant that we like (Juniper 61) which is straight shot down North.

Finally, the staff have been great. From that very kind woman who sheparded two tired souls into her hotel to everyone thereafter, the staff of the Radisson is five-star.

• Stayed: April 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank dijas
BPeterson2303, Manager at Radisson Hotel Milwaukee West, responded to this reviewResponded August 19, 2011

I am so happy to hear that the Radisson was able to come to the rescue! As a manager, it makes me very happy to hear that our staff has treated you well and that the accomodations that we provide here at the Radisson have made you come back. I thank you for everything you had to say about the hotel. We appreciate the feedback. Thank you for your business and we hope to see you on your next visit to Milwaukee!

Reviewed August 10, 2011

Room was clean and Hotel staff friendly. Great location. Room was small with the beds taking up the entire room. Shower was poor; curtain kept falling off wall and water ending up everywhere. Worst was the maid service in the morning; we were on vacation and wanted to sleep in each morning but the maids were letting other room doors slam shut on the safety lock over and over again. Expected more for the price.

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank Shadow1990
BPeterson2303, Manager at Radisson Hotel Milwaukee West, responded to this reviewResponded August 11, 2011

Thank you for your nice comments about our friendly staff and room cleanliness. I am very sorry to hear that you had some concerns with the maid service. Can you please contact me directly so we can discuss this? I can be reached at either 414-837-2118 or brian.peterson@radisson.com. Thank you for your business!

Reviewed August 9, 2011

very nice property, good location right off the main highway, and very accomodating.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled solo

Thank you for your wonderful comments, and thank you so much for your business!

Reviewed August 1, 2011

Went to Milwaukee to attend the Brewers game. The desk staff was friendly and organized during a rush of people trying to check in three hours before the game started. The hotel was in the midst of remodeling it's restaurant, which it notes on its website. But they were still able to provide a morning breakfast buffet by setting up in the bar/lounge area. The food was good-- the usual hash browns, eggs, sausage or bacon, pancakes, fresh fruit, cereal, juice and coffee. Wait staff was friendly and attentive.

I came down with the flu soon after we arrived in Milwaukee, so ended up spending most of my weekend in our room. The Select Comfort beds were a welcome treat, and our room seemed to have well-insulated walls, ceilings, floors. Our checkout was Sunday, and the hotel allowed me to stay in the room two hours past checkout (no charge) while my friends went to the zoo. Really appreciated that. We would definitely stay there again!

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled as a couple
BPeterson2303, Manager at Radisson Hotel Milwaukee West, responded to this reviewResponded August 4, 2011

I am so sorry to hear that you came down with the flu while in Milwaukee! It is never fun to get sick when you are away from home. However, I am so glad that our staff and your room made you feel as comfortable as possible during your stay. Thank you for your wonderful comments!

Reviewed July 30, 2011

I have stayed here numerous times for business and it's great. Comfortable beds (a chance to try the sleep number beds) great room service, and clean rooms. It's close to all highways so we have stayed here for baseball games as well.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled on business
BPeterson2303, Manager at Radisson Hotel Milwaukee West, responded to this reviewResponded July 31, 2011

Thank you so much for your nice comments about our hotel! I will pass on your comments to the restaurant manager and the housekeeping manager so they can see their employees are providing great service. Thank you for your business and we hope to see you soon!

Reviewed June 5, 2011

When first arriving at our assigned room we noticed the room next door was having a HUGE party. We quickly realized we were not in for a quiet night. Upon asking for a different room the man at the desk responded immediately and even offered us a nice upgrade to the Executive Level floor to an end room which gave way for a quiet night! Had slight problem with getting air conditioning running but was addressed and fixed immediately! We received great service when problems arose...to me that is worth a lot! Would stay here again! Great location and easy access to Mall and Zoo. Very comfortable Sleep Number beds!

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled as a couple
BPeterson2303, Manager at Radisson Hotel Milwaukee West, responded to this reviewResponded July 28, 2011

I am sorry to hear that you had a few issues with your room, but am very happy to see that our employees fixed those problems and upgraded you to make your stay more comfortable. Thank you again for your wonderful comments about our great service!

Also consider these accommodations in or near Wauwatosa
Crowne Plaza Milwaukee West Hotel
Best Western Milwaukee West
Best Western Milwaukee West
#14 of 56 in Milwaukee
Embassy Suites by Hilton Milwaukee Brookfield

Been to Radisson Hotel Milwaukee West? Share your experiences!