“Run down and tired”

Ranked #4 of 5 Hotels in Wauwatosa
Minnesota
“Run down and tired”
Reviewed July 29, 2010

Had requested room away from traffic but upon arrival found out that room was located facing busy express way. Requested room on backside of hotel. Staff looked surprized over such request but moved us to a room on the back of hotel or so they said. Room was located on side looking over same express way. To make matters worse window didn't close! Great to add to the experience the room was a smoking room! Unfortunately we had not time to move again and didn't think staff could cope with another request as they looked "tired" at check inn. Room was very tired as well and did not warrant the $150 price tag.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (29)
Belmont, Massachusetts
Reviewed July 29, 2010

I am generally a fan of Holiday Inn Express. In visits to other properties I have found the rooms to be clean, comfortable, and reasonably updated. This property was older and my room required significant renovation. I checked in late and the hotel was full so my room may not be representative of the hotel as a whole.

The room was very large and contained a conference table with 8 chairs. Lighting was inadequate with a cap where the ceiling fixture in the area outside the bathroom used to be. The bed had what felt like a lumpy, plastic mattress cover that I could feel through the sheet. Cleanliness was OK but could have been better. The room smelled like stale cigarettes although that may have been the fault of our Admin since it is not clear if she specified non-smoking.

The service was good. The location was convenient but parking was tight. The wifi signal was weak from my room.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled on business

Travelers are raving about these Wauwatosa hotels

Northern Illinois
Reviewed July 21, 2010

Good hotel for business stay. Clean, quiet room with comfy bed and good selection of pillows. Standard HIE breakfast which is one of the best with the warm cinnamon rolls. Free paper in the morning. The WiFi was slow in the evening, better in the morning. There is a Denny's right next door and a Walgreen's about a block and half away.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled on business
Dallas, Texas
Reviewed July 11, 2010

I am currently sitting in my room and on my bed so I hopefully remember the good things I want to review! Though the hotel is an older building, it has overall been very well maintained. Room is very clean and comfortable. Room is a decent size with a spacious bathroom (though the room itself isn't overly large, but acceptable). While the decor is fairly typical of a chain property and not necessarily unique it is overall good, consistent, and modern enough; there is also satisfactory lighting in the room. Wi-fi Internet, which is free, has worked perfectly. A/C unit has worked well and is pretty quiet. Speaking of noise, from my room I could occasionally hear a loud vehicle outside, but nothing unacceptable in my opinion. Overall, the room was quiet.

If there are downpoints, they are minor. Television seems to keep starting at a loud volume when you turn it on so you immediately have to turn it down. Second, the bed, while having the modern white sheets with little throw now standard at Holiday Inn's, was a bit firm for my tastes. That said, I slept well other than weird dreams (which probably had more to do with the huge pretzel I had at Miller Park than anything to do with the hotel!)

I would definitely stay here again if in the area.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled with friends
Colorado
Reviewed June 1, 2010

I had a great room the hotel is near good shopping and the breakfast has a good set of choices. There is a chevy dealer next door so if you need a oil change when traveling its easy to drop off and go to your room and I just walked to supper at Dennys.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled on business
North WI
Reviewed December 28, 2009

Recommend this hotel to all who desire a clean, comfortable room (with breakfast) for a reasonable price. Excellant location across from Mayfair Mall Our room and bath, common areas and adequate fitness room were clean and well maintained. Public computers in lobby. Coffee and tea etc. available in attractive dining/gathering area. Most importantly, the management is very friendly, polite and helpful. Enjoyed our visit. Will return.

• Stayed December 2009, traveled as a couple
Wisconsin
Reviewed November 3, 2009

Arrived early for 2 rooms,Front desk person got us 2 rooms next to each other promptly, We we near the houskeeping office which at first I though was going to be a problem since we were at the hotel for leisure, However to my surprise the next morning we were not wokeup by noise (very nice), We stayed 2 days and did not require housekeeping but when we got back to our rooms we had very nice baskets outside our door with towels,shampoo, cups and coffee Excellent touch! KUDO's to the employee who came up with that! Our rooms were both clean, I was however not a fan of the bath mat so used a towel on the floor of the shower (it was clean just struck me wrong) All the staf we encountered was friendly and helpful, This hotel is in walking distance to Mayfair mall and many restaurants.

• Stayed October 2009, traveled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Wauwatosa
Crowne Plaza Milwaukee West Hotel
Radisson Hotel Milwaukee West
Extended Stay America - Milwaukee - Wauwatosa
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Milwaukee West (Brookfield)
Forty Winks Inn
Forty Winks Inn
#3 of 5 in Wauwatosa
Hampton Inn & Suites Milwaukee West

Been to Holiday Inn Express Milwaukee- West Medical Center? Share your experiences!