Holiday Inn Express Milwaukee- West Medical Center
Forty Winks Inn(Wauwatosa)
Average 3/5
Good 3.5/5
Great 4.5/5
All reviewsconstruction crewwifi internetappointed hotelroom was cleanhi expressfront desk staffup to dateconvenient locationcounter spaceking size bedyogurtroad constructionmiller parknice breakfastgreat roommilwaukeeexpressway
FilterAll languages
Reviewed July 31, 2009

This would be a pretty nice hotel if the housekeeping were better. Management is usually the problem because they are not inspecting, ie training or requiring the hotel employees to do better. My sink was not even cleaned today, despite obvious large cola spots in it. Also the non slip map in the tub is a haven for dirt, grime and large amounts of "black stuff" which grossed me out.
The furnishings are adequate, the lobby is nice. The breakfast has many selections including eggs, bacon, sausage and biscuits.
Location is convenient. Now if they could only pay attention to the dirt. My bathroom had a funny smell, so I went to the local grocery store and bought a cleaner and throughly cleaned it myself. Smell went away. Just lazy housekeepers and inadequate management to keep up with the problems.

• Stayed: July 2009, traveled on business
Reviewed January 20, 2009

This is the third Holiday Inn Express I've stayed in the last 8 months. I've also stayed in other hotels of lesser and greater value during this time and I've been very satisfied with the quality and service of the Holiday Inn Express.
The free morning breakfast features 'hot' items as well as cold. A big plus. Also available were computers w/ internet access. Nice to check e-mail etc. without having to bring a laptop.
Our room was clean and the bathroom was updated and nice.
Had no problems with check-in, noise, or safety.
We were in town to visit area museums and just relax...trying to make the winter go by faster. This hotel is conveniently located minutes from downtown attractions, shopping, restaurants.
I would recommend.

• Stayed: January 2009, traveled with family
Reviewed August 10, 2008

We were pleasantly surprised by this hotel. We were just in town for the night and booked this hotel because of it's location. We got a bit nervous when we checked in - we waited in line for over 20 minutes - but after that, everything was just fine.

The non-smoking king room that we booked, was clean, spacious, modern and nicely appointed. The bed was one of the most comfortable we've slept in.

We thought we were going to be in for a great deal of noise due to the large amount of Brewer fans staying there for the game, but we didn't hear a bit of noise all night or in the morning.

Our room was down the hall from the continental breakfast area, but the noise did not travel down the hall even though the area was VERY crowded. The food selection was terrific and pretty tasty. We did not leave hungry, that's for sure.

If you aren't looking for a hotel with a lot of bells and whistles, this one would be a good choice. I would suggest checking in either right before 3PM or a while after - especially if the Brewers are in town.

• Stayed: August 2008, traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 30, 2008

Was going to Milwaukee's Summerfest and this property was all we could find. Right off the highway, which was great! Centrally located and near just about anything!! Check in was fine after a long day at the fest. Front desk clerk was very helpful in recomending place for dinner. Bed was comfortable and we slept very well. Upon waking up Sunday morning we found the tv to be quite blurry, thought I was still blurry from the night before. So I decide to make some coffee. Forget it. Water was left in maker from last guest. It didn't work!! Wife decides she will shower and we will get on the road. Argh!!!!! no shampoo in bathroom. The one time she doesn't bring it from home. Call the front desk, get new coffeemaker and ask for shampoo. We are told that the whole hotel has no shampoo!!?? A chain like this and no shampoo for the whole hotel? Wife not happy!! I like the location and other ammenities this hotel has to offer but was disapointed in some things that could have been better. I should have wondered if everything would be okay when you see a sump pump and other items behind the front desk??

• Stayed: June 2008, traveled as a couple
Reviewed November 25, 2007

I've been a regular visitor to this hotel over the past 2 years now. I travel from the UK and am always greeted and made to feel welcome, on the 4 trips per year I do. It is well located across from Mayfail Mall - a 10 minute easy walk for an evening out.

The rooms I've had have been clean and the beds comfortable. An earlier post complained about door slamming - yes, I've experienced the same but that is down to other guests not the hotel.

I've stayed at other hotels in the area and this is by far my favourite. I've recommended it to other visitors from the UK and they have had the same positive experience.

• Stayed: October 2007