“Great Staff, Clean Hotel”

Boarders Inn and Suites Wautoma, WI
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Wautoma
Reviewed May 2, 2014

My husband and I stay at Boarders a couple times a year when we visit town for family. We always enjoy it. Fast checkin, friendly staff, and clean rooms. We always try to stay in one of their whirlpool tub suites that also has a fireplace. They have a pool & hot tub and good breakfast choices. The hotel is located in the middle of the country restaurants and restaurants down town. We will be back in the summer!

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank LCMadWi
GM-Guestrelations, General Manager at Boarders Inn and Suites Wautoma, WI, responded to this reviewResponded June 3, 2014

Dear Valued Guest:
Thank you for your great review! We are glad to hear you enjoyed your suite and that you and your husband had a great time with us during your visit. Thank you for continuing to stay with us while in the area. We look forward to seeing you when the weather is warmer. Thank you again for sharing your experience.

There are newer reviews for Boarders Inn and Suites Wautoma, WI

Reviewed April 15, 2014 via mobile

This place is a good hotel. The staff is always willing to help. The rooms are decent, some of the heaters could use an upgrade but overall they are nice to stay in. Never have an issue with loudness so makes for a good night sleep.

Stayed: April 2014, traveled on business
FDM-Guestrelations, Manager at Boarders Inn and Suites Wautoma, WI, responded to this reviewResponded April 23, 2014

Dear Valued Guest:
Thank you for taking the time to let us know about your recent experience. We are in the process of upgrading our heaters. We are pleased that you got a good nights rest. We look forward to accomodating any future stays with us if you chose to visit Wautoma again. Once again, thank you for sharing your comments.

Reviewed December 30, 2013

My sister lives in the area and my family of 4 stay here when visiting. It used to be an AmericInn and hasn't changed much since changing names. The pool is pretty good for our 11 and 9 year old children. The complimentary breakfast is more than adequate with the usual fair plus a different hot item everymorning. The staff has always been accomodating when we needed something. The location is close to many food options

The property could use a freshening up as it is showing its age and some wear such as bed lines room furniture.

Stayed: December 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank knsthompson
FDM-Guestrelations, Guest Relations Manager at Boarders Inn and Suites Wautoma, WI, responded to this reviewResponded January 9, 2014

Dear Valued Guest:
Thank you for recently staying with us at the Boarders Inn & Suites by Cobblestone. We are pleased to hear that you found so many aspects of your stay with us positive. I will let the staff know that you were happy with the service provided as well as our complimentary breakfast.
We are currently in the process of many updates to freshen up our hotel. We look forward to your next stay with us and truly appreciate your business! Thank you again!

Reviewed December 25, 2013

I was in the area for work on 12-23-13. I called to make a reservation. When I talked to the lady she gave me the rates. While I was on the phone, my customer told me he got a rate there. I asked her for the rates for the company I was working for. She said it would have been nice if I had just mentioned that first. Nothing like getting snarky with customers on the phone.

Then while I checked in, I asked for the run down. When she got to the breakfast she said there are "hot items". I asked her specifically what the items were. She said there was biscuits and gravy. Eggs, bacon and sausage. As well as waffles and toast and cereal. I was happy to get such a good value.

When we awoke. there was ice cold biscuits with tepid gravy. and there were waffles. I asked the attendant where everything else the lady mentioned at check in? he said I do not know. but there are boiled eggs in the refrigerator. The coffee was watery. the dinning area was COLD. it was 12 below outside and about 60 inside the room.

The bedroom was a king suite. The bed was like a rock and the blankets were thin. the heater took forever to warm the room up. there was no soap or shampoo in the room.

For the price, i could have stayed at a motel 6 and been happy because i knew what I was getting.

Room Tip: don't stay there. For $90.00 a night you don't get the quality you would expect. I normally...
  • Stayed: December 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank dwightiam

Dear Valued Guest:
Thank you for taking the time to comment about your most recent stay. I am sorry for the confusion on the hot items that are offered for the complimentary breakfast. We rotate hot items as we like to offer some variety to our guest's. Our breakfast is quite extensive with 30 plus items.
We have several different room types that vary in price. You reserved 2 rooms and requested 1 of those room types be a King Suite. The Suites are priced a bit higher as they are quite a bit larger and have extra amenities.
We would've been more than happy to bring an extra blanket for you as well as help you adjust the temperature control on the heater in your room had you just called the Front Desk and asked us. We also could've adjusted the heat in the Breakfast room had we known you were cold. Our Front Desk is staffed 24/7 and we would've provided you with the extras you required. My apologies for your displeasure as we want every guest to have a positive experience. Thank you again for your comments.

Reviewed July 21, 2013

The first room we were given had a strong musty smell, the second room was better but the air conditioner didn't work real well. Pool area was nice. Breakfast area was very small and crowed in the morning. Front desk staff was very helpful.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed July 8, 2013

This is an older place but updated quite nicely and very clean. The accommodations were a nice surprise. The breakfast was the usual free type breakfast, but plenty of it and the coffee was great. Personnel was very pleasant.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed May 19, 2013

Absolutely terrible service and lazy staff. Room was overpriced and more than half our guests had their reservations messed up. No apology was offered. Were told we got a discounted price, but found we were lied to. Will mot recommend this location to anyone. Quite an embarrassment.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
TravelbyBike124, Owner at Boarders Inn and Suites Wautoma, WI, responded to this reviewResponded May 21, 2013

Dear Kim T:

I apologize that our property wasn't able to meet your needs just as many other establishments in our town were not able to. After taking a look at your other Wautoma reviews, I knew it was a matter of time before you'd bash my business. The other two establishments in Wautoma that disappointed you are wonderful restaurants with great food and even better service.

The items that you seemed to have issues with at our property are not true. My staff is very hardworking, and the wedding block rate was negotiated in advance...at a discount.

I'm certain your party found our lobby inviting, our breakfast delicious, our pool inviting and our rooms clean and comfortable. Finally, you didn't mention the complimentary fresh baked cookie at check in, most of our guests love that amenity.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Wautoma
Super 8 Wautoma
Comfort Suites at Royal Ridges
Econo Lodge
Econo Lodge
#1 of 1 in Redgranite

Been to Boarders Inn and Suites Wautoma, WI? Share your experiences!