“Consistant and dependable”

Cuisines: Mexican
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Outdoor Seating, Takeout
Reviewed September 3, 2012 via mobile

Probably have eaten here 15 times in the last five years. The fare is basic southwest influenced Mexican. Chimichangas, burritos, tacos etc. The food has always been fresh and light on the spices. I was told not long after the place opened that they dial back the spices based on customer preference. Thats perfectly fine but if you like it spicey make sure you ask for it. The fresh salsa served with tortillas when you take your table will give you that clue right off the bat. One final note. The wait staff is usually good but you will want to check your bill very close. I have had the check under billed and over billed. Nothing was done intentionally in my judment, just honest mistakes you will want to look for.

Reviewed August 19, 2012

We have frequented this restaurant many times when we visit Wausau (which is often). At fist the food was consistently great, but the past few times it's been hit and miss...mostly just average. I think it's a shame when a place starts out really good and then slowly fades in to 'Averageville', which in my opinion, might be what's happening here.

Reviewed August 13, 2012

Mexican food seems to always be bland in the northwoods, there is a reason we travel south for it. I must say the talent of the servers and the wait staff are great. The hostess is one the rudest gals I have ever seen in the resturant business - for serving people. I give an A+ to the entire experience.

Reviewed July 30, 2012

The food is great the the price is even better. Also you can ask for the heat level your want and customize any order.

1  Thank RibMountain60370
Reviewed May 24, 2012 via mobile

Typical Mexican food place. Really good prices.
The server we had seemed uninterested in us being there or not. Just kind of phoning it in.

Been to El Mezcal? Share your experiences!