“Acceptable”

El Mezcal
Ranked #11 of 162 Restaurants in Wausau
Cuisines: Mexican
Good for: Families with children, Large groups
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff
Minnesota
“Acceptable”
Reviewed March 16, 2012

Fairly average menu for a place like this. Quality of location/cleanliness left a bit to be desired.

Visited February 2012

Wausau, Wisconsin
“One of our favorites!”
Reviewed February 20, 2012

We frequent this restaurant and have never had a bad experience. The food is hot and the prices are cheap. They keep the drinks coming and have excellent service.

• Visited January 2012
Green Bay, Wisconsin
“Always awesome!!”
Reviewed February 9, 2012

Since it seems mexican restaurants are popping up on every corner in Wausau lately, it should be known that El Mez is tops. Although always busy, the wait time is generally very short. The service is terrific and super fast. I have never had a bad meal although I always order the same thing every time. Nachos El Mezcal. With chick and beef - I highly recommend it. Unless on a diet. :)

We will hit El Mez a couple times a month at least. And I don't frequent any other restaurant in town that much. Not that there aren't plenty of good places, but El Mez seems to win out with my family most of the time.

• Visited December 2011
1 Thank dcrabill
Wausau, Wisconsin
“Good food, good prices”
Reviewed February 2, 2012

My fiance and I went here for the first time on my birthday. The food was good, the prices were food, and the margaritas were delicious (2 for 1 on Thursday). The only thing I would change was the service. It wasn't terrible but it wasn't great. I would go here again.

Tomahawk, Wisconsin
“Great Mexican-American food”
Reviewed January 23, 2012

Never a bad experience , great food, and atmosphere

Been to El Mezcal? Share your experiences!