“Been there twice recently, worst Alfredo and service both times” 1 of 5 bubbles
Review of Iozzo's Ristorante

Iozzo's Ristorante
Ranked #84 of 159 Restaurants in Wausau
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Off-Street Parking, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: Mouth watering, zesty Italian food complimented by family recipies. Iozzo's has been serving Wausau, Wisconsin for over 30 years.
Wausau, Wisconsin
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Been there twice recently, worst Alfredo and service both times”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 1, 2014

It used to be a great place to eat. Within the last 5 years they jacked their prices and the food is horrid. Unbelievable the change. Saled is the only think work while.

• Visited December 2013
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank 12Ben

Baton Rouge
“LSU”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 17, 2013

I live in Louisiana and believe I have been to a few good restaurants in my life especially in Baton Rouge and New Orleans. My business causes me to travel throughout this wonderful country from urban to rural locales. I always ask, when new to an area, a place to eat with one primary stipulation: it should be a family - run place and not the usual franchise. My visit to Iozzo's was extremely enjoyable with great food and an attentive staff. I will definitely eat there again on my next business trip to northern Wisconsin.

• Visited November 2013
Wausau, Wisconsin
“Shrimp Crepes to DIE FOR!!!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 7, 2013

My husband and I come here for every special occasion! They have definitely changed the menu and atmosphere a lot in the last 3 months! The food has always been good, but with the new atmosphere, I feel like I am going somewhere really special! Get the shrimp crepes, best thing on the menu! Or if you are like my husband and do not like seafood, get the spaghetti... If you do have room for dessert get the rum cake! Also, my husband raves about how they always have the best Fat tire on tap! And remember to request Judy as your waitress!!!

• Visited February 2013
1 Thank Nicole S
Marietta, GA
“Not what it once was!”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 27, 2013

We had dinner this evening after a 12 year absence from the area. Our hotel told us that it was a good choice so off we went. The atmosphere was the same. The food was pricey. The service was slow - we sat for over 20 minutes before we got our bread and salad, and then only after we stopped another server to remind our server that we hadn't received it yet.. The food was bland, yet very salty - how does that happen?, and the salad (boy we wished we had looked this up on tripadvisor.com before we went) was amateur hour; who serves a salad claiming to have Gorgonzola in the dressing, without any hint of flavor from that fine cheese; and although it was an endless bowl...who would want to get another order of limp iceberg lettuce, onions, mushrooms and black olives. It was just not right. The server said she would tell management, but management never bothered to come to our table. We walked out very unhappy. For those who read our posts, you will know that we are serious about our tripadvisor.com reviews, and would not write this without seriously being concerned about our fellow contributors.

• Visited July 2013
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Wausau
“Quaint yet elegant”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 21, 2013

I went out for dinner at Iozzo's with my boyfriend and my son as a "just because" outing for the three of us. From the outside, Iozzo's didn't appear to be much really. Once we were inside, we found that the restaurant was quaint yet elegant, a place where you can dress up and feel comfortable there. We were seated in an outside corner overlooking the lawn decorations which were very pretty as well as having a lighted tree next to our table which was a nice touch, giving that outer area a romantic feel.

Service was pretty good as our drinks were served in a timely manner and made to our liking. The menu had enough variety although slightly pricey, usually to be expected with good Italian food. I ordered the Chicken Oscar and was very pleased with my meal. I had some left to bring home as it was a healthy portion overall.

The atmosphere was quiet; the food and service were both really satisfying; and our overall experience was really nice. I give Iozzo's a 5-star and would definitely return again one day.

• Visited July 2013