“Save your money and stay anywhere else”
Review of Quality Inn Wausau

Quality Inn Wausau
Ranked #9 of 11 Hotels in Wausau
Reviewed July 7, 2014

Hotel staff was friendly, but they all seemed unhappy. The hotel was very outdated and the AC in our room was from 1955 and blew more warm air then cold. I complained and was told that no maintenance or management was in on the weekend. I am not in the hotel industry but.... to me that seems like it would be the busiest time and you would want both on staff.

I was then told someone would follow-up with me so I gave them a week and called them on a Friday and they said they could not work on this as it was the weekend and they were busy.

As someone else mentioned the continental breakfast was terrible, you could tell they put out the cheapest of everything to keep costs as low as possible. It was also very tacky that all over the breakfast room where tip signs for the wait staff, I am sorry but the owner should pay more since he is not putting his money into the food or updating the restaurant. This is the only continental breakfast I have been too that they collect your "free breakfast coupon" before you can enter.

Overall the people seemed to be good people, but the place is poorly managed, outdated and not worth the money. Overall customer service is not good either since I still have not been able to talk with anyone about my stay and the AC not working.

Room Tip: book at a different hotel you will be happier.
  • Stayed: June 2014, traveled with family
2  Thank rk896
BestWesternWausau, General Manager at Quality Inn Wausau, responded to this reviewResponded July 9, 2014

On behalf of Best Western Midway Hotel we would like to apologize for not exceeding your expectations for your accomodations. Unfortunately with an older facility things do go wrong from time to time and we address the problem as soon as possible. The air conditioning issue has been fixed so we can assure you a better room climate in the future. The restaurant connected to our building is in fact a separate entity from our facility, with their own staff, management and ownership. Many apologies on their behalf for not meeting your expectations, but due to it being a separate entity we can not control the business. We always do our best to pass along suggestions from our guests so they can improve in the future. Thank you for your feed back and we hope we can accomodate you again in the future.

Reviewed July 7, 2014

Bathroom was full of someone else's hair and had urine around the toilet. Moved to a different room and had the same problem with the bathroom being unsanitary. I had to clean the bathroom myself because house keeping was gone for the night before I would let my family stay in the room.

• Stayed: July 2014, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Our apologies for our accomodations not being up to your expectations. We take pride in the cleanliness of our facility and rooms are inspected daily for this reason. We are appalled that you have found your room not up to standards and hope we can have the chance to prove it out of the ordinary on a future visit. Thank you for your comments.

Reviewed June 11, 2014

The front desk staff is fabulous. They assisted me in getting my belongings in and out of the car. The restaurant was another story. Very disappointed in both the food and the service. I was told that they are a seperate entity of the hotel, and that could explain why. I would never suggest anyone eating in the restaurant. I would have been better off going to a fast food restaurant. I ordered a Grey Goose on the rocks with blue cheese olives, and I believe that it was NOT Grey Goose Vodka, they didn't have blue cheese olives. I told the waitress bring the olives and the blue cheese and I'll stuff my own olives. She said she couldn't do that and then sent over the "manager", that was dressed as a customer, and told me that the chef will NOT give me any blue cheese. I even offered to pay for it, but was still told that he would not take the time to cut off the little bit needed. He was too busy. I'm sorry, if you can't handle 5 tables, that come in about 3-5 minutes apart, then you need another job. Unless they change their attitude or a new owner takes over the restaurant, stay away. I would definitley recommend the hotel for anyone. It was great!

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled solo
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Thank you for your kind words regarding the Best Western Midway Hotel. We always strive to do our best for our guests, even if that is simply assisting them with their luggage. We hope you will again choose us for your hotel needs in the future. We would also like to apologize for your experience in the Rivalz Restaurant. We always pass along feedback from our guests to them. Rivalz Restaurant is a separate entity from the hotel and is not owned, operated, or managed by the Best Westen Midway Hotel.

Reviewed June 2, 2014

location is ideal, needs to be updated. we stopped thru town for spring skiing. room with king bed was nice sized for all of our gear. we were away from the pool area which was nice because i'm sure that's noisy. I would agree with other reviewers that the walls are thin, we also had a room with interior adjacent door to next room. neighbors had their tv on the loud side, thankfully they went to bed at a reasonable time. pool area was nice, kids probably have a blast in there. breakfast was normal best western fare. was a decent place for the money.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Daveptaz
Reviewed May 27, 2014

Too many things need to be cleaned up at this place. Old beds, pillows and mold and mildew in the bathroom. I read previous reviews and don't know how they were so satisfied. If you are looking for something newer, keep looking. This was built in 1969 and needs much work to be considered good in my book. No elevator either, just so you know.

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled with family
2  Thank Marjory B
Reviewed May 4, 2014

Everything went well with this stay. Just that the bar/lounge was getting remodeled and was a cluster. I got a regular king room on the other end of the hotel(no pool view). It was very well furnished. The staff is really nice, very sociable which I believe is great for the people that travels by themselves. Had to go to the bar across the street to enjoy drinks which also had great people to converse with.

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled on business
Reviewed March 28, 2014

The place was decent BUT the room was unbearably hot! Even called down to see if there was anything we could do to make it cooler, but there wasn't. They told us to open the window some. We did for a while, but it didn't make much of a difference and the traffic noise was unreal! We were able to get a fan from the front desk, but it really didn't help. For that reason, I would not stay here again unless it was summer and we didn't have to have the heat blasting into our room. Not very comfortable sitting/sleeping and sweating. Breakfast was a typical continental breakfast. Pool area was nice and big!

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Wausau
Days Inn & Suites Wausau
Jefferson Street Inn
Jefferson Street Inn
#1 of 11 in Wausau
Stoney Creek Hotel & Conference Center - Wausau

Been to Quality Inn Wausau? Share your experiences!