“very clean, no soundproofing, thin blankets in cold weather”
Review of Quality Inn Wausau

Quality Inn Wausau
Ranked #8 of 11 Hotels in Wausau
savage, MN
“very clean, no soundproofing, thin blankets in cold weather”
Reviewed February 11, 2014

Service is excellent, location great if you're a skiier, and rooms are immaculate. However, they are VERY dated (my room was mid-80's decor complete with duck wallpaper and forest green carpet). Don't expect any soundproofing, at least if you're near the pool. thankfully, the pool area closes at 11, so I was able to get some sleep, other than some drunken jerk yelling at 3 am.I could see families having fun there but I was traveling solo for a funeral and wasn't looking to play by the pool. It is dog-friendly, at least. Rates were jacked high due to ski season and were far too high for a small town dated hotel.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (61)
Madison, Wisconsin
Reviewed February 9, 2014

Staff was friendly and accommodating. I stayed there for two weeks while my mom had surgery. The staff is young, but sure seemed to do their best. The 24 hour shuttle was great and that is what made me pick this hotel over others. It would WELL be worth it for the owners to put some money into improving a few things ie. Shower curtain that fits the tub, microwave in all rooms, room heating issues, extra shuttle supply to support all clients needs. The location is great and it was super easy to get to the hospital and clinics. I have already booked my next stay with them.

Room Tip: It is very noisy if you have a room around the pool. Second floor would probably be quieter. Durin...
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled with family
Verona, Wisconsin, Usa
Reviewed February 7, 2014

We love staying here. The whirlpool suite is great. The decor very old world feels like one is in Italy. There is a recreation great room in the center of the hotel that is convenient has lots to offer. We find ourselves coming back here again and again.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple

1 Thank Kim S
Saint Clair Shores, Michigan
Reviewed January 30, 2014

Most disgusting place i have ever been to. My company put me up at this hotel bc the pics look like it was a nice place but lord these had to of been old pics back when they opened the place. Breakfast got me so sick that i couldnt work while i was there. At the time of check in the hotel smelled like mildew. When i got to my room it smelled like smoke and had a leak in the ceiling i called tge desk to let them know and told them to make a note of it so i wasnt charge but bc they r a bunch of kids who are running the place that she didnt leave a note and after i checked out and was home my bank statement had a $250 charge on my card for the smell of smoke in the room. I called the hotel but they refused to take off the charges. This is by far the worse place. I woukd of been happier sleeping outside in the cold wet snow. This place should be condemned

• Stayed December 2013
5 Thank DAyy1023
BestWesternWausau, Director of Sales at Quality Inn Wausau, responded to this review, February 28, 2014
Good afternoon, We are sorry to hear that your stay was not enjoyable. We value your opinion and your feedback. With out it we would not be able to take effective action to collectivly correct the issues at hand. We strive for the best in our customer service and product value. If there is anything I can do to accomidate for your stay with us, please feel free to contact me anytime. We want to insure you will be returning to our facility and we want for your next stay with us to be enjoyable. My contact information is listed below.

Christine Weber
715-842-1616
Director of Sales.

Travelers are raving about these Wausau hotels

Wausau, United States
Reviewed December 31, 2013

Solid value with easy access to the area. Good restaurant specials with a limited menu. nice pool area. Large rooms made my stay very comortable. The staff is very helpful, ready to assist with local information.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled on business

appleton, WI, United States
Reviewed December 27, 2013

Nice hotel, close to the ski hill if you are into that. Breakfast was good. Not to far from Texas Roadhouse if interested. Nice looking pool and hot tub Comfortable bed and nice recliner rocking chair.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with family

Detroit, Michigan
Reviewed December 17, 2013

sleep in ur car before u stay at this hotel...horrible manageent and staff. very unprefessional and rude. they have teenagers running this hotel. no joke. dont give them your c.c bc they will charge u for things that the other ppl who stayed in the room prior to ur check in to cover the cost...

• Stayed December 2013, traveled on business

6 Thank Diana A
BestWesternWausau, Director of Sales at Quality Inn Wausau, responded to this review, February 24, 2014
I am sorry for the inconveniences during your stay. I assure you, your experience does not reflect the high standards we expect your guests to receive during their stay.

I greatly value the comments our guests have about their experience here and truly take each and everyone to heart. I am very sorry for the issues you experienced during your stay. I can assure you we will be discussing this in our next meeting and implementing strategies to prevent similar incidents from occurring again.
I hope you stay with us in the future. We are constantly looking for ways to improve our service and make your stay excellent.

Thank you again.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Wausau
Days Inn & Suites Wausau
#6 of 11 in Wausau
La Quinta Inn Wausau
La Quinta Inn Wausau
#7 of 11 in Wausau

Been to Quality Inn Wausau? Share your experiences!