“satisfied customer”
Review of Quality Inn Wausau

Quality Inn Wausau
Ranked #9 of 11 Hotels in Wausau
Reviewed July 31, 2013

Nice hotel. The staff was very friendly and helpful. Breakfast was very good. Breakfast had eggs, waffles, cerial, danish, and muffins. Had some problem with warmth of room. Overall staff was very helpful.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Best Western
BestWesternWausau, General Manager at Quality Inn Wausau, responded to this reviewResponded August 21, 2013

We want to thank you for choosing to stay with us and taking the time to write your review. We strive to earn your satisfaction and trust. We look forward to seeing you again soon.

Reviewed July 29, 2013

I just now read some reviews on this hotel and cannot believe what I have read. Our stay was great, the room clean, neat, ac worked perfectly, remote and tv all worked. The price was excellent. Desk clerk, very proper and extremely helpful. Breakfast was "a normal continental breakfast" and the hostess at the breakfast was constantly on the move (cleaning tables, putting chairs back, filling "hot" items as well as replacing "low" items). The pool area was "airy, clean, and very refreshing" even with the "full capacity" of the hotel. If you are looking for a comfortable bed, refreshing pool/Jacuzzi, and free breakfast, check out this hotel online. (I really appreciated the lesser rate for booking online also!!!! Most places I checked out didn't do that!!!)

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with friends

Thank you for taking the time to provide us with your feedback. We take pride in our service and cleanliness and are happy your review reflects this. We hope to see you again soon and don't hesitate to contact us if we can be of any assistance.

Reviewed July 26, 2013

Had to move rooms several times, first one didn't have what we had asked for, second room the AC was broken so we had to spend the night in a hot muggy room because they hadn't came up to look at the AC, we had to call down quiet a few times. Last room was fine.

1  Thank Janet M
BestWesternWausau, General Manager at Quality Inn Wausau, responded to this reviewResponded July 28, 2013

Our entire team is sorry your stay wasn't a relaxing getaway as we expect our guests’ stays with us to be. Please contact me directly to discuss your stay further.

Reviewed July 22, 2013

I hesitate to even give this hotel a single star. It was a horrible place to stay the staff was rude to us the entire time my group had stayed there. There's an extra 20$ a night for pets to stay this means they are not pet friendly. The key cards ony worked 1 time out of 9 tries if you have infants DO NOT stay in this hotel. The doors ARE not stroller friendly, nor is it really handicaped accessable, unless you are very good at keeping doors open while geting your wheel chair through. No elevator for guests to use, staff won't let you use the service elevator, and if you tell them you have an INFANT in your room you are put on the second floor...climbing the stairs with a stroller is a pain in the rear.Then to top it off I had asked for a crib in my room for my INFANT (cannot stress that enough) and an hour after arriving, (unpacking) I had to go down to the front desk to inquire about the crib I was charged for but never had. Staff said they would take care of it walked back up into the room to find a pack and play I had to set up because they couldn't be bothered. I paid 10$ a night for a pack and play that I had to set up, had they told me it wasn't an actual crib I would have just packed up mine instead of asking for one. Worst experience ever!!!! My advice is for anyone looking for a hotel to go to the Howard Johnson, Super 8, Days Inn, La Quinta Inn, heck even the Plaza DO NOT STAY HERE! Unless you want to be treated horrid by staff and have bugs in your room. Yes there were spiders in the room. Also the a/c didn't work for the first night ( I couldn't get ahold of the front desk) it wasn't until the second night of my stay the a/c finally kicked in. There was NO working thermostat in the room (looked very thourghly) so I didn't have any tempture control. Again DO NOT STAY AT THIS HOTEL!

3  Thank Anna S
BestWesternWausau, General Manager at Quality Inn Wausau, responded to this reviewResponded July 24, 2013

We are truly sorry to have let you down. Please contact us directly so that we may discuss your stay further. Your experience is not common at our property, nor is it one we like our guests to have. We look forward to speaking with you further and hope to regain your business.

Reviewed July 13, 2013

Worst Best Western I've ever been to. Just bad all around, and way overpriced. The noise was terrible. The room was unclean, with ants and hair in the bathroom. The remote did not work properly, and the staff did not seem to be bothered by the list of problems I presented them when I checked out.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled on business
3  Thank Kevin K

I'm sorry your stay was not comfortable and relaxing as it should have been. We strive to provide superior service and cleanliness, and are truly disappointed we did not provide this experience for you. Please contact me directly so that we may discuss your stay further and allow us another chance to provide you the experience we are proud to be known for.

Reviewed July 11, 2013 via mobile

This hotel had a nice pool area without the over powering chlorine smell other hotels have. The pool area is huge. I did not stay near the pool but noticed rooms off the pool area. If noise bothers you, make sure to get a room on the other side. The rooms were nice with clean sheets and towels. I can imagine it being very busy in ski season.

• Stayed: July 2013

Thank you for taking the time to provide your feedback from your recent stay. We strive to provide the ultimate customer service, cleanliness, and relaxing time away from home. We look forward to seeing you again in the future.

Reviewed June 3, 2013

Hotel was run of the mill, generally needing updating. The housekeeper that cleaned my room was exceptionally rude though. I swear she even rolled her eyes at me! Unacceptable. I travel a lot and have never been treated in such a fashion. She had a strained, "I don't have to put up with you" attitude.

Room Tip: Stay elsewhere.