“Worst Hotel Ever Stay away!”
Review of Quality Inn Wausau

Quality Inn Wausau
Ranked #9 of 11 Hotels in Wausau
Reviewed July 22, 2013

I hesitate to even give this hotel a single star. It was a horrible place to stay the staff was rude to us the entire time my group had stayed there. There's an extra 20$ a night for pets to stay this means they are not pet friendly. The key cards ony worked 1 time out of 9 tries if you have infants DO NOT stay in this hotel. The doors ARE not stroller friendly, nor is it really handicaped accessable, unless you are very good at keeping doors open while geting your wheel chair through. No elevator for guests to use, staff won't let you use the service elevator, and if you tell them you have an INFANT in your room you are put on the second floor...climbing the stairs with a stroller is a pain in the rear.Then to top it off I had asked for a crib in my room for my INFANT (cannot stress that enough) and an hour after arriving, (unpacking) I had to go down to the front desk to inquire about the crib I was charged for but never had. Staff said they would take care of it walked back up into the room to find a pack and play I had to set up because they couldn't be bothered. I paid 10$ a night for a pack and play that I had to set up, had they told me it wasn't an actual crib I would have just packed up mine instead of asking for one. Worst experience ever!!!! My advice is for anyone looking for a hotel to go to the Howard Johnson, Super 8, Days Inn, La Quinta Inn, heck even the Plaza DO NOT STAY HERE! Unless you want to be treated horrid by staff and have bugs in your room. Yes there were spiders in the room. Also the a/c didn't work for the first night ( I couldn't get ahold of the front desk) it wasn't until the second night of my stay the a/c finally kicked in. There was NO working thermostat in the room (looked very thourghly) so I didn't have any tempture control. Again DO NOT STAY AT THIS HOTEL!

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with friends
3  Thank Anna S
BestWesternWausau, General Manager at Quality Inn Wausau, responded to this reviewResponded July 24, 2013

We are truly sorry to have let you down. Please contact us directly so that we may discuss your stay further. Your experience is not common at our property, nor is it one we like our guests to have. We look forward to speaking with you further and hope to regain your business.

Reviewed July 13, 2013

Worst Best Western I've ever been to. Just bad all around, and way overpriced. The noise was terrible. The room was unclean, with ants and hair in the bathroom. The remote did not work properly, and the staff did not seem to be bothered by the list of problems I presented them when I checked out.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Best Western
3  Thank Kevin K

I'm sorry your stay was not comfortable and relaxing as it should have been. We strive to provide superior service and cleanliness, and are truly disappointed we did not provide this experience for you. Please contact me directly so that we may discuss your stay further and allow us another chance to provide you the experience we are proud to be known for.

Reviewed July 11, 2013 via mobile

This hotel had a nice pool area without the over powering chlorine smell other hotels have. The pool area is huge. I did not stay near the pool but noticed rooms off the pool area. If noise bothers you, make sure to get a room on the other side. The rooms were nice with clean sheets and towels. I can imagine it being very busy in ski season.

• Stayed: July 2013

Thank you for taking the time to provide your feedback from your recent stay. We strive to provide the ultimate customer service, cleanliness, and relaxing time away from home. We look forward to seeing you again in the future.

Reviewed June 3, 2013

Hotel was run of the mill, generally needing updating. The housekeeper that cleaned my room was exceptionally rude though. I swear she even rolled her eyes at me! Unacceptable. I travel a lot and have never been treated in such a fashion. She had a strained, "I don't have to put up with you" attitude.

Room Tip: Stay elsewhere.
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business

We sincerely apologize for any staff that were unfriendly during your stay. Your review is not of an experience our guests normally receive. Please contact me to discuss your concerns further so that we may better prevent an experience such as yours in the future. Thank you for your business and I hope that we can regain your business.

Reviewed May 12, 2013

I stay at this Best Western on a regular basis. What prompted my initial return and the many there after was the employees. The accommodations are great with lots of recent upgrades. Cali's pub kind of reminds me of Cheers. Lots of regular business and local people makes it easy to strike up a conversation. It gets a lot of family traffic based on the indoor pool yet it is not noisy. Really dont think you can go wrong with this hotel for business or pleasure.

Room Tip: For business, go for the tower. For pleasure try the lower two floors.
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business

Thank you for your review. We truly appreciate your feedback and business. Our full-service property is perfect for business or family guests. From our in-door pool area to our on-site restaurant and lounge, you are sure to relax while away from home.

Reviewed May 7, 2013

I did priceline so I was given this hotel for 50.00. So for the money it was Ok but would not book again. It was very noisy on the Hwy side of hotel. Tried to call down to the desk several times with no answer. When I did get someone and asked to be moved they said they were sold out. I guess everyone there walked or drove together since the parking lot as very empty. It looked like a hotel used a lot buy the area ski hill a little beat up.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business

On behalf of our entire staff, I sincerely apologize for the inconveniences you experienced during your stay. I assure you your experience is not common at our property. I invite you to contact me directly so that we may discuss your stay further and make up for the inconveniences you experienced.

Reviewed April 19, 2013

My daughter and I recently stayed at this hotel while we were in town for a basketball tournament. We have stayed in other hotels in the Wausau area during "tournament time" but really enjoyed the layout of this particular place. There were at least 2 other large groups staying at this hotel and there was plenty of room for all of us to congregate in the pool area. I also enjoyed the fact that the pool area did not contain that overbearing chlorine smell that many pool areas have - - Thank you!!!! Our room was clean and perfect for our stay. Our team ate in the hotel restaurant one of the evenings and had very good food (Prime Rib was super!). The hotel has a nice bar area, but the bartenders didn't seem to have access to items for specialty drinks. . . . yet we survived. The people at the front desk were very welcoming and helpful during our stay. I would love to come back to this hotel in the future. Overall, great experience! Most importantly, our girls had a very enjoyable time! :)

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
BestWesternWausau, General Manager at Quality Inn Wausau, responded to this reviewResponded April 29, 2013

It puts a smile on our face to hear you enjoyed your stay. Please don't hesitate to contact us if we can provide any assistance in the future. Thank you so much.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Wausau
Days Inn & Suites Wausau
Courtyard Wausau
Courtyard Wausau
#6 of 11 in Wausau
Stoney Creek Hotel & Conference Center - Wausau

Been to Quality Inn Wausau? Share your experiences!