“Bring back Ron!”

Ranked #8 of 162 Restaurants in Wausau
Good for: Families with children, Large groups
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Reservations, Takeout
Reviewed November 18, 2013

The change of ownership is truly noticed here. Won't ever be back. The dipping sauce is weak...the steaks.have zero flavor, and the.service was horrible.

Reviewed October 16, 2013

Had lunch at the Wausau Mine Company yesterday. It has been a number of years since I have been and had forgotten how good the food was. They added an insert to their main menu that lists several fall specials. I ordered the Brandenburger which was incredible. It was 1/2 pound patty with bacon, several types of cheeses, mushrooms, caramelized onions and garlic mayonnaise. I think it was served on a pretzel bun, but what ever type the bread was excellent. The sandwich also comes with kettle chips and all for 7.99. I thought it was a really good value considering the quality of the food and portion. Also of note, the place was quite busy with the lunch crowd for a Tuesday, a pretty good indication of the patron’s satisfaction.

Reviewed October 14, 2013

This is really a unique place, it's a must see when in Wausau. I went on a Monday, sat at the bar, and enjoyed excellent specials and service. The atmosphere was friendly and accommodating. I had pizza and it was quite good; not the best I've ever had, but because of the friendly atmosphere and great specials, I'll definitely return. Give this little icon a try!

Reviewed October 7, 2013

My family had supper here on a very busy Saturday night at 7pm in Sept. 2013. We had a large group. We got there just as a large bus filled with a softball team was leaving. Our wait was not long at all and we were seated all together. I had a pizza which I was not a fan, but, it you like that stone baked thinner crust then you would like it. The pastas were great, prime rib was good. We would eat here again without hesitation

Reviewed September 26, 2013

Dined on 9/25/13 and first sat at the bar for a couple of pre dinner drinks. We asked the bartender what they had on tap and he in returned asked if there was something in particular we were looking for. I would have just asked for a specific beer if there was and we were sitting at part of the bar that was not in view of the tap knobs. After a sigh, he reluctantly listed off the very boring list of draft choices. From the bar we then moved into the very small and cramped dining area. Our server was at our table quickly and we proceeded to order. Once I was in need of another drink I then ordered a Brandy Old Fashion, sweet. She forgot what I had ordered so again ordered the same thing, and was brought out a drink in a pint glass with olives. Their special of the night was "talls for smalls" so I think the drink was made in a pint glass instead of a rocks glass because it was a bar special but was surprised to get olives in a sweet Old Fashion. Salads came out quickly, and I opted for the Caesar salad for .99 more and added anchovies. Dinner followed the salads almost a little too quickly as we were still eating them when the food arrived. Prime rib and twice baked potato for me and ravioli for my friend. She said the ravioli was really good and I agreed with the sample I had. The prime rib was ok, however it was undercooked (ordered it medium) and was chewy in areas but very tender in others but any real flavor was nonexistent. The twice baked was ok once they cooled down enough to eat. We declined dessert and received our bill. First think I noticed was that my Old Fashion was keyed in as "sour" when I ordered it twice as "sweet" Also, beers in the restaurant were .75 more than in the bar which the server said we were undercharged earlier but corrected it. Also, a $3 charge to add anchovies to a salad which was not mentioned at the time of ordering. The atmosphere was different and fun to check out. With all that being said, it was an average dining experience at best for a place that we had higher expectations for.

1  Thank hexx17

Been to Wausau Mine Company? Share your experiences!