“Waste of time and money!” 2 of 5 bubbles
Review of Milwaukee Burger Company - Wausau

Milwaukee Burger Company - Wausau
Ranked #13 of 159 Restaurants in Wausau
Cuisines: American, Bar, Pub
Good for: Dining on a budget, Large groups, Kids, Bar scene, Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Full Bar, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Schofield
“Waste of time and money!”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 12, 2014

I will never recommend the Milwaukee Burger Co, restaurant in Wausau! I was terribly disappointed in the food, wait staff and over all of the place. The hostess did not have menus readily available for customers as we waited to be seated to look through, i was told they were at the bar which was cram packed and no chance of getting up to to get a drink yet alone a menu to look through. Our appetizer plates, ALL $, had left over food/grease on them from the dishwasher, that was gross! The strawberry margarita was blah and tasted like you licked a giant salt block. I have never had a worse margarita in my life! They ran out of napkins so I was given 6 cocktail napkins for a family of 4 with monster burgers, and then they ran out of large to go boxes...After all is said and done not even a manager wanted to know why I asked to have the margarita taken off my bill. Very sad experience and will definitely not return!

• 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles

Merrill
“Do not waste your time!!!”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 11, 2014

My husband took me here for Mother's Day along with my 3 year old son. There was no wait an it was not very busy. I could write a book about how terrible this place is but I will sum it up for the sake of time. Table was too tall for high chair my son still couldn't reach the table, waitress sucked so so terribly it wa the worse customer service I have ever experienced in my life!!! We waited 20 mins for our 3 drinks, another 15 for our appetizer that we ordered when we ordered drinks and another 30 for our meal!! The server never checked on us never apologized for the wait never smiled at us. When we finally for our food it was so disappointing we asked to get it boxed up to go obviously unsatisfied and our server has the nerve to ask if we wanted dessert!!!!! Umm no. My husband got a burger that was falling apart very poorly made, I got soup and salad.... My soup was COLD and my salad was BROWN!!! My son got Mac n cheese.... It looked like Kraft re heated multiple times. We will not be returning ever and will never suggest this place to anyone! Not to mention my husband never got his beer he ordered!!

2 Thank Taynatiama
Appleton, Wisconsin
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Absolutely Awful, much better places to go for your money!”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 4, 2014

After dinning at Milwaukee Burger Company in Appleton WI a week prior to dinning at this location, we decided that we really enjoyed the experience and decided to go again for my brother's birthday. This was the biggest mistake in our dinning experience we have had to endure that I can remember and will never be returning to this location! We even waited patiently for 35 minutes on a Sunday afternoon watching with plenty of open tables and very little people on the waiting list. Once seated the wait staff was no where to be found and waited another ten minutes just to get our drink orders in. After waiting nearly 45 minutes for a our food to arrive the food's quality wasn't fit to feed my dog. The burger's bun was soggy and falling apart to the point you couldn't even get it up to your mouth. The chicken club burnt so all you could taste was the grease from the grill. The large cheese curds were nothing but greasy cheese rolled in a breading that had no flavor at all. My mother ordered a chocolate shake that never came till we mentioned it which the server completely forgot twice and gave it to her in a to-go cup. Even when the food was dropped off the food was dumped in front of me without even saying what it is so I could at least hand it out! I asked several servers for a soda refill and a simple request for ketchup and eventually had to go up to the bar to get a refill myself and ketchup. When I looked for a manager to at least speak with there was no one to be found. Save yourself the trouble and eat at McDonald's which is next store.

1 Thank Matthew F
Warrensburg, New York
“Not worth it. Not kid friendly. Not good burgers.”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 29, 2014

It's too bad cause I love getting a new restaurant in town but I will never return to this one. The set up is strange when you walk in and you are in the way of the bar. It claims it is a family friendly restaurant but half the tables aren't kid friendly. I had to sit with my one year old in my lap because we were at a high booth after waiting 35 mins for a table when we told them we needed a high chair. Then considering it has burger in the name I expected a good burger. The burger was nasty. The burger itself was dry and fell apart. The bun was so soggy. And it was beyond a mess. Even the cheese curds on it were very blah. I ate a couple bites and couldn't even stomach the rest. The meals are expensive and to get special fries it's quite a bit extra and it's not worth the money. Better off going somewhere else.

• Visited April 2014
1 Thank Jeniferruth
Marathon, WI
“Great Happy Hour!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 12, 2014

Visited Milwaukee Burger Company for the first time ever and it was a tasty stop! We were there after 10pm on a Friday night and the happy hour beer prices were great! We also ordered the Classic Cheese Curds - WOW! They were amazing! Also tried the Sweet Potato Fries and they did not disappoint! Multiple specialty beers on tap - something for everyone!!! Definitely a must stop! Lots of LARGE TVs to watch sports while socializing! Heard their Bloody Mary's are yummy - will have to stop again and try them!

• Visited April 2014