“Surprise- well worth your time”

Leigh Yawkey Woodson Art Museum
Ranked #1 of 27 things to do in Wausau
Chicago
19 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 41 helpful votes
“Surprise- well worth your time”
Reviewed August 17, 2014

Didn't expect such a nice art museum- merits a couple visits. There is a nice sculpture garden outside, in addition to rotating exhibits

Visited December 2013

Wausau, Wisconsin
19 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 28 helpful votes
“Nothing Special”
Reviewed July 8, 2014

I cannot tell you how many times schools force children to go to this place for field trips here in Wausau. They have paintings/art, with their most popular being the bird exhibit that comes through periodically. If you like art museums, you'd probably like it here. If you don't care about art that much, you'll hate this place.

Visited August 2013
1 Thank Pinkus P
Burlington, Wisconsin
88 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 142 helpful votes
“A Hidden Gem in Wausau!”
Reviewed July 6, 2014

If it hadn't been for Tripadvisor, I probably would not have even heard of this fabulous art museum in Wausau when I was in the area. It was in a different part of the city than where I was staying. I decided to visit based on the highly positive reviews on here. I am so glad I spent time at Leigh Yawkey Woodson Art Museum! It is truly a hidden gem in Wausau and was worth finding. I needed something to do during a rainy afternoon, and this was perfect. They had an impressive collection of art for a city the size of Wausau. I spent about 1.5 hours here. I really enjoyed the exhibited art of wildlife by artist Owen J. Gromme. The museum is also very clean, neat, organized, and inviting. There were friendly staff members happy to answer any questions that people had. There were not too many people visiting when I was here, so it was nice and quiet. It was a real soothing experience. I am glad I took the time to stop at this art museum. I am not really an art person, but I found it very worthwhile and inspiring. Definitely give this a chance--even if you don't like art! It made a rainy afternoon better!

Visited July 2014
The Woodlands, Texas
9 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 20 helpful votes
“Amazing art museum for a small town”
Reviewed June 24, 2014

This lovely museum has world class artists and a fantastic outdoor sculpture garden with fountains, etc. Well worth the time. Does not have admission fees either (optional donations).

Visited June 2014
Manitowoc, Wisconsin
79 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 239 helpful votes
“Impressive!”
Reviewed May 5, 2014

We went to this fine museum to see a glass work show. The exhibit was spectacular! The museum itself is a handsome structure with very nice grounds. The space throughout the building is comfortable and spacious. Designed well for art displays. Another reason why Wausau is one of our favorite cities in Wisconsin. I love visiting this town; and a stop at the art museum is always a must check out whenever we are in Wausau.

Visited September 2013