“Great food & atmosphere”

Richard's Restaurant and Bar
Ranked #44 of 162 Restaurants in Wausau
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Merrill, Wisconsin
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Great food & atmosphere”
Reviewed March 6, 2013

Have been a fan of Richards for many years & it remains a huge favorite for myself, friends and family & is where my out of town family always goes when they are here from Chicago.
Love the fish frys and the Sat. night prime rib is the best. Great steaks and shrimp too.

• Visited March 2013

Wisconsin
“Local Place, Local Flair, Delicious Fish Fry”
Reviewed March 3, 2013

We wanted an authentic supper club/fish fry experience and we found it at Richard's. We knew we were the only tourists there which was great. Definitely glad we made a reservation for this busy and popular place. The pan fried perch was so flavorful and I'm very happy I ordered it pan fried and not deep fried. Comparing it to my husband's deep fried fish, mine had more flavor and was healthier! The salad bar was iceberg lettuce, nothing special about the lettuce and veggies, but they had fresh blueberries and strawberries for the salad and that made it an awesome salad.

Visited March 2013
“Amazing, amazing, amazing!!! Well worth the drive, a little out of town!”
Reviewed February 8, 2013

We went to Richard's for fish frys because we were recommended here by a friend. Wow, were we impressed! Cheese curd appetizer was the best I've ever had, and fish frys were absolutely delicious (not to mention incredibly inexpensive). The waitress and bartender were tremendous, and FUN. Overall, we had a wonderful time, a fun night out, and will definitely be back here again. Next time we plan to try their $5 AYCE chicken wings on Thursday nights. I highly recommended this place if you are looking for a great meal!

Wausau, Wisconsin
“An amazing fish fry, salad bar and soup!”
Reviewed December 3, 2012

Fish was done perfectly and a great selection at the salad bar. The chowder is amazing! Oh yes, homemade bread is served with the meal. I have also visited on a Thursday night for all you can eat wings. The wings are big, juicy and crispy. The selection of homemade sauces keeps me coming back for more!

Visited November 2012
Illinois City, Illinois
“Loved it.”
Reviewed November 9, 2012

Back in September 2012, my wife and I came up to Wausau from Chicago. We called at about 4:30 pm and told the staff we were coming. We got stuck in traffic and they kept the place open for us. We were thrilled with the food and the service. Richard's is exactly the supper club experience we were looking for. The portions were huge and the prices were unbelievably reasonable. Most importantly, the food was fantastic. Supper clubs are hard to come by in Chicago, so it was such a treat for us to find such a gem in north central Wisconsin. Thanks for making this experience so terffic.

• Visited September 2012

Been to Richard's Restaurant and Bar? Share your experiences!