“Must-Have Fried Cheese Curds!”
Review of 2510 Restaurant

2510 Restaurant
Ranked #19 of 169 Restaurants in Wausau
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed August 14, 2018

This quaint little bakery/restaurant is a favorite and a MUST STOP IN whenever I am traveling in the north woods of Wisconsin! The bakery is delightful (do try the potato, dinner rolls!....little pillows of heaven!) But the star of the show here are the fried cheese curds! They are crispy outside and gooey inside! This is the way they are supposed to be – not just a clump of fried mozzarella.

Like any other restaurant, you gotta know WHAT to order. I don’t order a burger at a seafood joint. This is an excellent place for sandwiches and of course, whatever their “special of the day” might be. I have eaten here many times and have had the same great experience.

Date of visit: July 2018

Reviewed August 8, 2018

We left after waiting at our table for 20 minutes for a waitress to appear.

I took my family out for my mother's birthday last night and while it only took two minutes at the hostess' podium to be seated, we sat for 20 minutes at our table while others were served around us. We were never brought waters, never asked if we would like to order any drinks or appetizers, let alone given any chances to order the dinners we had long-since decided upon. The manager was wandering around, but didn't seem to be helping at all. He should have been helping out since it looked like they were short-staffed. After a couple after us had come in, ordered their drinks, drank their drinks, paid their bill, had their table bussed and another couple was seated there, we decided to take our business elsewhere. 2510 missed out on what was going to be a $100 bill. It's easy to see why 2510 is hurting for business and unless management turns things around, I would think 2510 will not be open for business much longer. So get your discount birthday dinners while you can... If you can get served!

Date of visit: August 2018
Reviewed July 7, 2018 via mobile

I had a Caesar salad and onion soup. My wife has a veggie wrap. The Caesar salad was drenched in dressing - you couldn’t even taste the greens. I like dressing but the lettuce should not be swimming in it. The veggie wrap did not have the ingredients that were detailed on the menu. The onion soup was among the most ordinary that I’ve ever tasted. No reason to go here - there are far better options in the area.

Date of visit: July 2018
Reviewed June 25, 2018 via mobile

Excellent service and food. Great way too place for your birthday, you get a percentage off based on how old you are (I.e. if it’s your 50th birthday, you get 50% off your meal) and you get to spin the wheel for a prize.

Date of visit: June 2018
Reviewed June 25, 2018 via mobile

We ate here with my in-laws. A party of 6, we were seated almost immediately.

The menu has changed (for the better) over the years. Good options, good portions, prices appropriate. Good coffee.

I try to always check the restroom, and theirs was very clean.

Date of visit: June 2018

Been to 2510 Restaurant? Share your experiences!