“Great Greek in central Wisconsin” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #101 of 159 Restaurants in Wausau
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Seating, Takeout
Green Bay, WI
“Great Greek in central Wisconsin”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 26, 2014 via mobile

We stopped based on the previous reviews and were pleasantly greeted with some excellent greek food cheerful family friendly service and a bright cheerful atmosphere.

The gyros were good and the Spanakopita was perhaps the best we have had in Wisconsin. The Baklava was delicious as well. This is a great spot to grab a quick bite in Wausau.

2 Thank The_Head_Gnome

Dakota, Illinois, Usa
“Surprisingly good Lamb Kabob in a friendly setting.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 22, 2014

We discovered Mykenos Mediterranean Grill while doing a Trip Advisor search for best places to eat in Wausau, Wisconsin. My wife and I were delighted with the lamb kabob plates we order, which came with succulent lamb cooked to perfection, and a side Greek salad. I ordered the rice as well and we both had hot tea. The manager could not have been friendlier on a cold Friday night, and he was busy serving carry out orders as well as the dozen or so of us sitting in comfortable booths. The restaurant is in the middle of a small strip mall, and is very unassuming, not giving any hint of how good the food is inside, nor how reasonable. We were in town to ski, and took an order of baklava back to our motel to enjoy at leisure. Warmed up in a microwave it was delicious! If you are in the mood for some Greek or Mediterranean cooking, I would highly recommend Mykenos. We were there in the middle of winter, so I can't comment on the outdoor seating area, and I do not think that reservations are necessary.

• Visited February 2014
4 Thank James F
Dakota, Illinois
“GREAT lamb kabobs”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 22, 2014

Not really a sit down restaurant (order and pay at the counter) but the food is excellent. Reasonably priced and large portions. Lamb kabobs were perfectly seasoned and cooked. Nice Greek salad or rice. Food is served to you at your table. Atmosphere is bright and simple, but the food is worth finding this place. The baklava was ample enough to share and oh so tasty.

Visited February 2014
4 Thank SongBirdMe
Wausau, Wisconsin
“Amazing food”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 14, 2014 via mobile

Amazing kebab. Great gyros sandwiches. You will not get disappointed.
Tasty lentil soup. Very friendly staff. Me and my wife go frequently. She loves their fried chicken strips, very thin breading, moist inside.

Visited February 2014
1 Thank Amrbacil
Wausau, Wisconsin
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Great Mediterranean food”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 5, 2014

As a guy coming from the Mediterranean region, that really misses home cuisine, finding this place was just a blessing, usually order Baba-Ghanooj and Kaboobs, never get tired of it, my girlfriend is addicted to lentil soup, spanakopita, and the amazing fresh and warm pita bread.
Usually I visit once a week for a nice warm delicious meal.
Last time been there, the owner offered me to try the new "coming soon Falafel" and I was just amazed about how delicious / green / fresh it was. I can't wait until the new menu is served.

• Visited February 2014