“Real BBQ at last!”

Dickey's Barbecue Pit
Ranked #118 of 165 Restaurants in Wausau
Cuisines: Barbecue
Reviewed January 11, 2014 via mobile

I love southern BBQ! Vacation is often based on great restaurants. Dickey's gives me my barbeque fix and its here in Wausau. Pulled pork and brisket are fabulous and the sauce is fantastic! Home made sides are delicious as well. I also ordered a Deep Fried Cajun Turkey for Thanksgiving and it was the best turkey I've had. I will be ordering another one next year!

There are newer reviews for Dickey's Barbecue Pit

Reviewed January 7, 2014

The first time I went I got the 3 Meat Plate. Ribs, Pulled pork, and Beef Brisket. The pulled pork was ok at best the ribs were small and tough and the tiny sliver of Beef Brisket was 2/3 to half fat. The two time I went after that were not much better.

Reviewed August 7, 2013

My wife and I stopped here on a whim for a quick, late dinner. We were a little hesitant since the parking lot was empty and so was the restaurant. We decided to give it a shot anyway, and are we glad we did!

The workers are very personable and friendly. They were happy to explain how the menu works, and the different items from which to choose. We went with a two meat meal, which was more than enough to feed us both. With two sides, and a drink our bill was about $15. Very reasonably priced.

We had the pork and the brisket for meats, and both were outstanding! We had the mac & cheese, and French fries for sides, an those were excellent as well. To top it off they have free soft serve ice cream for dessert.

Well done, we will certainly be back!!

1  Thank BadgerFan16
Reviewed July 2, 2013

I never heard of dickeys until my cousin and her husband invited me to go there. after eating there i would recommend it to everyone great food friendly workers and fast service. also like how they sometimes come round and ask people how their food is. The free ice cream if you eat in is also a plus!!

1  Thank ajmommy0121
Reviewed June 21, 2013

Good to finally have great BBQ in Wausau. Great food. Brisket was fantastic! As were the different choices for BBQ sauces!!

2  Thank CrashDavis1111

Been to Dickey's Barbecue Pit? Share your experiences!