“Every bite a party!”

Yo Chubby Gringo
Cuisines: American, Mexican, Contemporary, Bar
Good for: Bar scene
Dining options: Late Night, Delivery
Description: Yo Chubby Gringo is Wausau's first mobile food cart and mobile restaurant. Established in December of 2012, Yo Chubby Gringo brought the mobile food revolution to Wausau, WI. Since then food trucks and carts have been popping up all over Wausau. Check out our facebook page for our latest schedule and menu. We are available for events, private parties and we deliver. Thank You to our fans for supporting us! It is our pleasure to bring you a new and exciting spin on Mexican food!
Reviewed February 24, 2014 via mobile

We have had the awesome food before, but decided to pick up some carry outs, we live over two and a half hours away, the burritos are amazing!

Reviewed January 31, 2014

Went here over arts block weekend. A local friend of ours recommended. She is still a great friend, but we now recommend places to eat. I had a tamala. It was not good. Flavors didn't come out as everything tasted the same ( full disclosure. We did go late in the day as supplies had been cooking most of the day). My wife had a taco which she said was ok. Atmosphere was bad. Standing outside on a sidewalk. Wausau has other great places to eat with outdoor seating/patio ---- such as RedEye

6  Thank CabinBum
LookingForFlavor, Owner at Yo Chubby Gringo, responded to this reviewResponded February 4, 2014

Dear CabinBum,

I'm so glad you recovered from what must have been heat stroke that weekend. (full
disclosure. It was very warm that day) You must have passed out sometime between ordering
and receiving your food and forgot you were at a food cart. Unless your "great friend"
forgot to mention that we are a FOOD CART. (full disclosure. It is actually against
Wausau's mobile food vending ordinance for a food cart to provide seating, let alone a patio.)
I will forward your review to Mayor Tipple since he is the one in charge of the atmosphere in our downtown. We just work there. Ironically that corner is one of the only corners in Wausau that has outdoor tables and chairs. I have posted some photos from that weekend and it looks to me like people were actually enjoying the atmosphere.

Anywho, Thank you so much for providing us the opportunity to explain to you and anyone else that may not have access to such top secret information, some of the differences
between a food cart and a full service restaurant . Although we can't guarantee the atmosphere
(you never know what clueless wonder will be standing on the sidewalk eating lunch) we have a 100 percent satisfaction guarantee on our food.

Gracias, YCG management

Reviewed January 5, 2014

Always great, friendly, flavorful and original! Never mind any bad press .. some Wausaunians are pretty ridiculous.

1  Thank laurenh743
Reviewed January 4, 2014 via mobile

I've enjoyed Yo Chubby Gringo a couple times and they never disappoint! The food always fresh, very flavorful and the staff is wonderful! I drive a good distance just to get fresh tamales!

Reviewed January 4, 2014

Many years ago, I lived in Houston, TX. My next door neighbor was a Mexican woman. When I became pregnant with my first child, this woman insisted on feeding me. She made me tamales on a weekly basis wrapped in corn husks. I have always had an appreciation for Mexican food, and over the years have tried many Mexican restaurants. I have to say that your tamales are the closest I have ever come to that Mexican neighbor and the REAL thing, they are delicious.

1  Thank Paula C
LookingForFlavor, Owner at Yo Chubby Gringo, responded to this reviewResponded January 6, 2014

Thanks for sharing your experience about tamales Paula! We have always felt that tamales are one of those foods that evokes memories from the past because they are "soul" food. We also like bringing tamales to people that never tried them before (tamale virgins) in hopes that new memories and new traditions are created that they otherwise may not have had.