“Yo Chubby Gringo cart is AWESOME! :)”
Review of Yo Chubby Gringo - CLOSED

Yo Chubby Gringo
Cuisines: American, Mexican, Contemporary, Bar
Good for: Bar scene
Dining options: Late Night, Delivery
Description: Yo Chubby Gringo is Wausau's first mobile food cart and mobile restaurant. Established in December of 2012, Yo Chubby Gringo brought the mobile food revolution to Wausau, WI. Since then food trucks and carts have been popping up all over Wausau. Check out our facebook page for our latest schedule and menu. We are available for events, private parties and we deliver. Thank You to our fans for supporting us! It is our pleasure to bring you a new and exciting spin on Mexican food!
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Yo Chubby Gringo cart is AWESOME! :)”
Reviewed July 9, 2013

SERIOUSLY good food. my husband & I love some spice & love Mexican Tamles but don't always have the time to make them. The new tacos they have are a WIN as well. I know my mex food, as I am married to a Mexican & Yo chubby does a fantastic job at what they do. You can truly tell they love cooking & selling their delish food. I agree with the prices being too high but I also understand they have to travel quite a ways away to get real quality ingredients and they bring the food TO the ppl. But no matter the price we keep going back :) They are sweet people & all the negative feedback is well... To me, its wrong. Great food, good people, good locations.... What more can u ask for?!

1 Thank Liliahnasmama

common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Loved it so much the first day, went back the second day for more.”
Reviewed July 9, 2013

Had never tried a tamali before. It was amazing! So I went back and got another and a few to bring home. Couldn't wait to go back the next day, again, everything was fresh and delicious. The owners were having fun and made me laugh. A great experience all the way around. Would recommend if you get a chance go try their food.

1 Thank Kikoblue
Stevens Point, WI
“I want to like you so badly but....”
Reviewed July 6, 2013

Yo Chubby Gringo is a breath of fresh air for the Wausau area...FINALLY the city is getting more diverse in it's food culture. I give huge kuddos to the owners and hope that they do well. I want to like their food so badly but I have to admit I was pretty disappointed. $5-6 for two small tamales was way overpriced in my opinion. I have been to tamale trucks in Colorado, New Mexico, Arizona, Seattle, and Portland where $5 got you a giant tamale or $5 for 3 good sized tamales. I understand the challenges of the food industry and especially in a specialty market but the price did not match the product in my opinion. The tamales were okay, not the best and not the worst. Best of luck to these folks but we will not be back.

• Visited April 2013
4 Thank Katie M
LookingForFlavor, Owner at Yo Chubby Gringo, responded to this review, July 15, 2013
Thank You for your review! We do try hard to keep our prices affordable and still stay in business. Our biggest hurdle is finding specialty items like corn husks, specialty meet, spices and chilis at resonable prices in Wausau. We have to travel to Green Bay to get many of these items (180 miles roundtrip). We have a rotating menu of tamales and are able to only offer one variety at a time on our cart. It is unfortunate that you won't be trying any of our other tamale flavors but we understand. We now run lunch specials, bulk discounts and have coupons occaisionally on our website & FB page for our value seekers.
Wausau, WI
“Who knew tamales could be this good?”
Reviewed July 2, 2013

I thought I didn't like tamales...until I tried one of Yo Chubby Gringo's tamales! Wow...now I understand. They have great flavor, and a nice balance of filling to masa. The combinations of flavors are varied and always delicious. When I see their cart, I don't even bother to ask what the tamale of the day is...I just say "gimme two!"

• Visited June 2013
Thanks so much for the nice review! We are so glad we were able to change your perspective about tamales and serve you one you liked! We noticed that alot of other tamales we have tried in the past were made with too much masa and decided that ours would have lots of filling whether it be meat, veggies or fruit.
Wausau, Wisconsin, United States
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Big things in a little package”
Reviewed July 1, 2013

Fun and kind people! The speed you get your food is amazing for a food cart. People who work downtown should be thrilled that these guys are here. Fast, tasty, and priced right.

If you don't like it, you're doing it wrong...

1 Thank Greg A