“Bloody Marys and Great grub!”
Review of Townie's Grill

Townie's Grill
Ranked #24 of 162 Restaurants in Wausau
Cuisines: American
Green Bay
“Bloody Marys and Great grub!”
Reviewed March 23, 2014

First off, yes the Bloody Marys were excellent, and I am a self proclaimed bloody mary connoisseur. Big, just amount of spice, and they must have a house made mix that isn't filled with syrupy sweet junk. Of course, it also has enough munchies in it to make it your drink and your appetizer. Then we had the Townie's nachos; also very good. Different from any nachos I have had, since it wasn't slathered in yellow cheese out of a can, olives, and the norm. These had house made beer cheese sauce, pickled onions, tomatoes, lettuce and sour cream flavored with something that had just a hint of spice, and yes I would order again. Then for the meals, a shaved prime rib sandwich and the curry chicken wrap. I had the wrap, and it was perfect. Light, flavorful and the peanut curry sauce was fantastic. My friend had the shaved prime rib: light delicious bread, good quality prime rib ( not all fatty pieces and bits) with some of the red pickled onion, and we both had the sweet potato fries, which were actually more like coins, and were excellent. I also like the location of Townies and the pub that is adjacent to the restaurant has a great vibe and a place that I would love to go back and have a few drinks. This was my first time into downtown Wausau, and while I have gone past this city maybe hundreds of times from the highway, I was impressed at how quaint and lovely the downtown area was. I will be back.

• Visited March 2014

Kaukauna, Wisconsin
“Best Bloody Mary !!”
Reviewed March 16, 2014

Stopped here for a quick drink while downtown. wonderful service, and the bloody mary was amazing!! Had good conversation with the actual owner who was tending bar himself. THANKS!!

Visited March 2014
Seattle
“OMG Bloody Marys”
Reviewed February 18, 2014

The Grill is attached to Malarkey Pub who serves large glass Bloody Marys with celery, mushrooms, peperoni stick, olives, cheese, asparagus, garlic and some other stuff. Most involved one we've ever had.
And try the lobster mac and cheese and the pulled pork burger. You won't be disappointed.
Décor is 'early austere'. Location downtown is nice on the 400 block overlooking the park.

Visited February 2014
Madison, Wisconsin
“Reliably good food”
Reviewed February 10, 2014

Solid and reliable food at Townies. There's a focus on quality and taste. Large bloody marys but the drink prices are a little high. The location is perfect though as it's right downtown. I'll return, again and again.

• Visited January 2014
“Excellent food. Great atmosphere. ”
Reviewed February 4, 2014 via mobile

We love going out to eat here. People from out of town love it. Burgers are outstanding. Steak is excellent.