“Reliably good food”

Townie's Grill
Ranked #29 of 165 Restaurants in Wausau
Cuisines: American
Reviewed February 10, 2014

Solid and reliable food at Townies. There's a focus on quality and taste. Large bloody marys but the drink prices are a little high. The location is perfect though as it's right downtown. I'll return, again and again.

There are newer reviews for Townie's Grill

Reviewed February 4, 2014 via mobile

We love going out to eat here. People from out of town love it. Burgers are outstanding. Steak is excellent.

Reviewed January 23, 2014

Part pub, part restaurant, Townie's Grill is located right in the center of Wausau, adjacent to the park and across from the Grand Theater. We went there for dinner before going to a show at the Grand. Food was nicely prepared and good, and service was great. Sitting next to the table on a snowy winter night overlooking the park and ice skating was an added bonus. Great value - a bottle of wine, shared appetizer and dessert, and two entrees were $60!

Reviewed December 26, 2013

We stopped here twice, in the last couple months, before a show at the Grand Theare. We were with other couples and that alwasy makes any experiance more enjoyable. The food was good and well prepared. The service was excellent and friendly. My wife had the nightly special each time we were there and she was very satisfied with them. I enjoied a different hamburger each time and they were really good both time. Also they have really good coffee and a bottomless pot, my cup was never empty.
It's just a short walk to the Grand when we were finished eating. I think we will make this a regular stop whenever we get to Wausau.

2  Thank kidsabc
Reviewed November 5, 2013

My wife and I stopped at Townie's for a late dinner after a show at the Grand Theater. We were seated promptly and had a very friendly waiter. The atmosphere was lively, and they had a live band performing some jazz music. Very welcoming.

We started with an order of cheese curds. They are very good, and I highly recommend them. I had the fish tacos and they were outstanding. Served with homemade chips and salsa. My wife just had a burger and fries, but said it was excellent as well.

Great place for a nice low-key, romantic dinner. We'll definitely be back!

1  Thank BadgerFan16