“Pretty awesome Midwest skiing”
Review of Granite Peak

Granite Peak
Ranked #2 of 33 things to do in Wausau
Reviewed March 19, 2014

Our group took advantage of the Spring special of $128 for a 2 day 1 adult 1 child combo lift ticket, great deal! Nice varied ski terrain; unfortunately it too falls victim to our icy midwest conditions but what can you do? I really enjoyed the overlook of Wausau. The little ones with us thoroughly enjoyed the beginner glade trail called Enchanted Forrest. The run had life sized artificial animals placed near the trail and the kids loved it. We had trouble getting our older kids to ski anywhere but the rollers at the bottom of Panorama and Legend they thought they were awesome. A good time was had by all. A word of caution pack you wallet if you intend on purchasing food or drinks in the Chalet. We had 1 order of cheese curds, chicken bites and fries with 2 non alcoholic drinks and it was $27.00.

1  Thank luv2playa
"west side"
"black run"
"man made"

Reviewed March 16, 2014

Saturday had "4 for $40"... $10 a person was fabulous!!

just hate that the cocktails are sooooo expensive

Reviewed March 16, 2014

prefer cascade and big powderhorn for advanced skiers. $59 lift tickets, $30 kid rentals. nice lodge with liveusic who worked the crowd and fun. night skiing. blue runs were pretty steep for advanced rookies. they cant control the ice, thats Mother Nature.

Reviewed March 14, 2014

Great place to ski in the Midwest. Set on Rib mountain in Wausau,Wisconsin in central Wisconsin. Great for all levels of skiers and snow boarder. Keeps getting better ever year. Currently they have 2 high speed quad chair lifts as well as regular twin chair lifts with I believe 74 runs. Something worth checking out.