“State Basketball Tournament”

Ranked #2 of 10 Hotels in Wausau
Wausau, United States
“State Basketball Tournament”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 6, 2014

We were there with a basketball team along with other teams in the hotel. With all the 5th grade kids running around there, the customer service was still wonderful. We had a great experience while staying there. Would highly recommend it.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with friends

1 Thank Tina K
Pa L, Director of Sales at Hampton Inn Wausau, responded to this review, April 7, 2014
Thank you for your review and glad to hear you have enjoyed your stay with us. We hope the team will consider staying with us again soon!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (41)
Mishicot, Wisconsin
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 1, 2014

We were here for a weekend + of basketball along with 5 other teams. Although this would usually be considered a business-type hotel they were more than accommodating for all of us. The rooms were very clean and more than comfortable. The pool, although small for all the teams that were there was adequate. You and your staff should be proud of all smoothly everything was run, from breakfast, to the snacks left out Sunday afternoon. We really appreciated letting us extend our checkout a little bit Monday too.
Thanks and we will stay again!!!

Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
Pa L, Director of Sales at Hampton Inn Wausau, responded to this review, April 2, 2014
Thank you for your review. We are glad to hear you and the team have enjoyed their stay with us. We hope the team will consider staying with us again next year or if your family is coming to town, we will see you again!
Glendale, WI, United States
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 1, 2014

Had nice extras...offered a do it yourself ski waxing kit (wasn't able to use this trip). Nice extra touches too. Cute rubber ducky in the bathroom when we got to our room. Staff was helpful and nice.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Pa L, Director of Sales at Hampton Inn Wausau, responded to this review, April 4, 2014
Thank you for your review and glad to hear you have enjoyed your stay with us! We hope to see you again soon!
Milwaukee, Wisconsin
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 31, 2014

The hotel seemed like a very old Hampton Inn. I have stayed at Hampton Inn before that are quite nice, typically the new ones. However, this one felt dirtier, the staff wasn't as pleasant, and the bed had very old comforters and pillows. I obviously came on the wrong day and stayed in the wrong room.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
Thank you for your feedback. Please contact Pa Lo at (715) 848-9700 to discuss about any issues during your stay. Thank you.
New York City, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 29, 2014

I am so impressed with the service I received from the staff at this hotel, I don't even know where to start. There were so many little extras I received during my 2 night stay that sets apart my experience here from even some of the full service hotels, and i'd like to share at least some of them. (1) Room check in: room check was in fast and efficient! It was a busy time at night when I checked in, and the girls at the desk (sorry, I don't remember both names, but I think one was Ka-Pong?) were incredibly professional yet cheerful and entertained all questions from the customer in line ahead of me with courtesy and respect, yet were still able to move customers along quickly yet not hurriedly. I remember thinking to myself "THIS is what great customer service looks like!" So kudos to the 2 young ladies at the front desk! (2) The room itself: clean, modern enough, no complaints. There was a little "gift" bag waiting for me, with a small hand written note (sorry, I lost the note!) and inside the bag was a variety of chocolate snack-sized candies - snickers, M&Ms, etc - and a bottle of Budweiser beer! A very nice touch! (3) Parking: I like how this hotel has designated spots for Diamond members…. I was not able to get one of these designated spots each time I parked but it is a great treat to use when it is available (4) Lost and Found: I left a pearl necklace behind when I checked out on Fri but did not realize it until Sunday night as I was packing to for my flight back to NY; when I got to work on Monday, there was a message on my work phone left the prior Friday about a necklace they found in the room; they asked me to call back to describe it and they offered to mail it to me via UPS mail at no charge!! I received it within a week. (Thank you, Nikki M. for taking so much care in wrapping my necklace!) (5) Breakfast: Breakfast was the usual Hampton Inn fare but the food areas were kept clean even during the busy times and there was always an employee present if something was needed. (6) Work out room: The work out room is a little small for my liking but this is not a huge property so what can you do? Still had a treadmill and elliptical and some weight stuff. Enough to do the job. >> All in all, I was really impressed with employee service and positive attitudes at this hotel. I travel on a monthly basis and honestly, sometimes I can't recall much about a place that I may have stayed the previous month, so all the little smiles and extras make this place stand out & I will remember my experience here. I have already referred some family members to stay here for an area basketball tournament and are to check in tonight -- I am confident they will have as positive an experience as I did. If I am ever in the area again -for work or personal reasons -- I will stay here again! Thanks, Hampton Inn Wausau!

Room Tip: Room #300 was at the end of a hall and was private.
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
Pa L, Director of Sales at Hampton Inn Wausau, responded to this review, March 31, 2014
Thank you for a great review and so glad to hear you have enjoyed your stay with us. Here at the Hampton Inn, all staff members should and always will excede in customer service! We hope to see you again soon!
Fond Du Lac, Wisconsin
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 23, 2014

This hotel continued our great experience with Hampton Inns. When you can get a room of this quality for the same price as many other hotels, i will stay here most any time. Their rooms are always very welcoming as well as their hotels and the staff. Quality breakfast as well.

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Pa L, Director of Sales at Hampton Inn Wausau, responded to this review, March 27, 2014
Thank you for a great review and glad you have enjoyed your stay us. We will see you again soon!
Milwaukee, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 18, 2014

Once again this Hampton Inn in Wausau, WI has provided excellent customer service. Michelle Yang the General Manager is polite, professional, and a role model for what a Hotel G.M. should be like. Pat the night shift customer care clerk is a great person. The entire staff is awesome. I highly recommend this hotel over others in Wausau. Forget Holiday Inn, of Jefferson Street Inn, both are terrible.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Pa L, Director of Sales at Hampton Inn Wausau, responded to this review, March 22, 2014
Thank you for a great review and glad to hear you have enjoyed your stay with us. We always look foward to seeing friendly faces and we will see you soon!
Also consider these accommodations in or near Wausau
Jefferson Street Inn
La Quinta Inn Wausau
La Quinta Inn Wausau
#6 of 10 in Wausau
Stoney Creek Hotel & Conference Center - Wausau

Been to Hampton Inn Wausau? Share your experiences!