“Very close to Aspirus Wausau Hospital”
Review of Courtyard Wausau

Courtyard Wausau
Ranked #7 of 11 Hotels in Wausau
Reviewed October 18, 2013

I arrived after midnight for a 6am departure, so my opinion of the facility is somewhat limited. I hit the bell at the front dest and was greeted by a very friendly gentleman that promptly checked me in and gave me directions to my room. The pool and fitness center looked nice as I waited for the elevator to bring me upstairs. I stayed in room 309. It was nice. A place to hang up my clothes, a couch, a desk, and a bed full of pillows. The sink area for shaving and such was rather small, but fine for me traveling solo. Overall the room had and "older" feel to it. It seemed like the hotel had some age, only in the looks not bad smelling or outdated artwork. The thermostat wasn't digital, but it did work just fine. I turned it way down and it starter to cool the room right away. For those of you that like some fan noise while you are sleeping, this is a great place for it. Not loud or anything, just right. If you need it silent, don't turn it on. Lastly, the shower head was mounted way too low to spray on my neck......disappointing, but I don't get upset about it. I will definitely stay here again to get the reward points.

Room Tip: There are tons of pillows on the beds, the king mattress is very large, and the AC unit is room 309...
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business
There are newer reviews for Courtyard Wausau

Reviewed October 17, 2013

I had been on the road all day, looked tired and haggard but received a warm welcome and got a great rate on a good, clean room. (I'm a Marriott Rewards member, which I think helps.) Hotel is in a nice area so I did some walking before it started to rain, then came in and ordered from the Bistro in their comfortable lobby area while watching a baseball game. (A tasty chicken croissant sandwich.) No free breakfast but plenty of dining options close by or you can order from the Bistro.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed September 9, 2013

Very quiet. Front desk very helpful, gave me a great deal since they were slow. Room was clean. The Great Dane restaurant next to the hotel was quite good too. Excellent stopover on our Lake Superior tour.

Stayed: September 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank MichiganBenthere
Reviewed August 29, 2013

I don't think I've ever found a group of staff where absolutely everyone was friendly and accommodating. That was very refreshing; collectively the best I've experienced.

The rooms are nice and clean. I remember coming here several years ago when they were brand new, so there is a slight bit of age shown on some of the furnishings, but still very comfortable. The rooms are amazingly quiet whether you're on the freeway side or not. Everything was in good working order and they do their absolute best to honor any requests whether it be room type, microwave or what ever needs you have.

This is my home away from home! I highly recommend it.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed August 19, 2013

AMAZING! From the convenient location, cleanliness and decor all the way to the superb rooms, delicious food and AWESOME STAFF!!!

This was a stay for a wedding we were a part of and it turned into so much more. I have never ever ever met a staff more friendly, accommodating and efficient, and we travel a lot. From check-in, to check-out, even just passing through the lobby.

The bistro made an EXCELLENT breakfast, that surprised us completely!!!!!! I could go on and on, but you need to experience it yourself if you get the chance to stay here!

Room Tip: Ask for a room facing the parking lot, as the courtyard side faces the highway.
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed August 9, 2013

I stayed in this hotel for one night for business. It looked like the hotel lobby had been recently renovated with modern and polished look. There are many comfortable seating areas equipped with TV and electronic plug-ins. However, my room was not as nice - dated furniture and carpet. The worst part - the bathtub did not drain. I finished my shower in ankle-deep water in the bathtub - not a very pleasant experience! I don't think I am going to stay there again.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank bwang20874
Reviewed August 4, 2013

While traveling in Wausau for business we stayed at the Courtyard. The room had 2 queen size beds and a sleeper sofa, the room was very clean and the staff was excellent. No matter the time the staff was always cheerful. Breakfast was nice as it was made to order food instead of buffet. I did notice that there was also dinner served in the evenings however we ate out. I would recommend this Courtyard to anyone.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank jitterbug_72
Also consider these accommodations in or near Wausau
Hampton Inn Wausau
Quality Inn Wausau
Quality Inn Wausau
#8 of 11 in Wausau
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Wausau

Been to Courtyard Wausau? Share your experiences!