“Good deal”
Review of Courtyard Wausau

Courtyard Wausau
Ranked #5 of 11 Hotels in Wausau
Reviewed September 9, 2013

Very quiet. Front desk very helpful, gave me a great deal since they were slow. Room was clean. The Great Dane restaurant next to the hotel was quite good too. Excellent stopover on our Lake Superior tour.

Stayed: September 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank MichiganBenthere

Reviewed August 29, 2013

I don't think I've ever found a group of staff where absolutely everyone was friendly and accommodating. That was very refreshing; collectively the best I've experienced.

The rooms are nice and clean. I remember coming here several years ago when they were brand new, so there is a slight bit of age shown on some of the furnishings, but still very comfortable. The rooms are amazingly quiet whether you're on the freeway side or not. Everything was in good working order and they do their absolute best to honor any requests whether it be room type, microwave or what ever needs you have.

This is my home away from home! I highly recommend it.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed August 19, 2013

AMAZING! From the convenient location, cleanliness and decor all the way to the superb rooms, delicious food and AWESOME STAFF!!!

This was a stay for a wedding we were a part of and it turned into so much more. I have never ever ever met a staff more friendly, accommodating and efficient, and we travel a lot. From check-in, to check-out, even just passing through the lobby.

The bistro made an EXCELLENT breakfast, that surprised us completely!!!!!! I could go on and on, but you need to experience it yourself if you get the chance to stay here!

Room Tip: Ask for a room facing the parking lot, as the courtyard side faces the highway.
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed August 9, 2013

I stayed in this hotel for one night for business. It looked like the hotel lobby had been recently renovated with modern and polished look. There are many comfortable seating areas equipped with TV and electronic plug-ins. However, my room was not as nice - dated furniture and carpet. The worst part - the bathtub did not drain. I finished my shower in ankle-deep water in the bathtub - not a very pleasant experience! I don't think I am going to stay there again.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank bwang20874
Reviewed August 4, 2013

While traveling in Wausau for business we stayed at the Courtyard. The room had 2 queen size beds and a sleeper sofa, the room was very clean and the staff was excellent. No matter the time the staff was always cheerful. Breakfast was nice as it was made to order food instead of buffet. I did notice that there was also dinner served in the evenings however we ate out. I would recommend this Courtyard to anyone.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank jitterbug_72
Reviewed July 29, 2013

The staff at the Courtyard Wausau was amazing. Everyone from the front desk to housekeeping exceeded our expectations. It was a last minute trip. We arrived early and they were able to get us a room right away. It really made the start to our weekend getaway a perfect one. We will be back for sure.

Room Tip: We were up on the third floor. The room was large, clean and very quiet.
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 23, 2013

We got a 2nd floor, double queen (NOT full-sized beds, but QUEENS) room. Spacious for a family of four, with 2 small kids. Beds were VERY comfy, room was clean and everything was in good working order. It had a good-sized flat screen TV...... Staff was top notch, from the guys who checked us in late in the evening, to the waitress in the restaurant... Speaking of the restaurant, it was recently remodeled and has a tasteful, modern look to it....The swimming pool was on the small side, but definitely serviceable---our boys had a great time... The pool/hot tub area was CLEAN, well maintained and well stocked with towels.... In fact, the entire hotel looked well maintained, including the grounds.... In nice weather, the courtyard, which is attached to the pool area, looked like a great space to relax and enjoy the weather....

The hotel is located just off the US-51 freeway, and our west-facing room faced the highway, yet we heard hardly any noise.... The windows do actually open, so if you like to sleep with the windows open, you might wanna consider an east-facing room.... BUT, they did a pretty good job of concealing much of the roadway by strategically planting trees and shrubs to mask it... Of course, this is a moot point in winter time, when the foliage is gone, but then you might actually get a glimpse of Rib Mountain..... Also, the location appeared to be in a safe area of town, with a few business/corporate properties nearby, along with a few other chain hotels....

We had a breakfast voucher, which was nice to have as the room was a bit on the pricey side... My french toast was pretty good, but not the best i've ever had (which would be my toast)....

Not much to complain about except the fact that it's near the freeway, there was no fridge in the room, and the room and food prices were a bit pricey (if you don't have a voucher)..... But other than that, for business or vacation travelers alike, i would recommend the Courtyard Marriott in Wausau, WI.

Room Tip: West faces the freeway and Rib Mountain, east faces town and a few corporate buildings...
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank StrangeTripper
Also consider these accommodations in or near Wausau
Hampton Inn Wausau
La Quinta Inn Wausau
#4 of 11 in Wausau
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Wausau
Days Inn & Suites Wausau

Been to Courtyard Wausau? Share your experiences!